3% 

[Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3

Post New Thread Reply   

Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2017 , 13:09   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #31

@aron
That is why i asked for a native that should handle the speed, to avoid this kind of issues...

@Hamlet
Using workarounds for such thing is pathetic, when it should be the job of the amxmodx package to provide proper natives to handle this kind of basic stuff such as player speed

Also, using XVars would not help at all, since an array is required to store each player's speed
Old 01-12-2017 , 15:22   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #32

It's not a workaround and amxx already provides a way to handle properly player speed. You are using it in a way which could create issue if YOU don't handle it properly.
Old 01-13-2017 , 10:16   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #33

Provide me a PROPER way to handle custom player speed ( without an API ) without issues then, oh wait, there is none, except creating a 5 line API in order to provide that functionality

We are using fcking 5 line APIs for this kind of shit for years, and nothing is done about it, but adding colorchat and dhud stocks into the base addon, yeah, that's sure a priority

Get your facts straight before talking about "you don't know how to use this, you don't know how to use that"
If there was a reliable way for such thing, why are people still using Mercylez' API for setting speed ?

Last edited by Depresie; 01-13-2017 at 10:33.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-13-2017 , 16:11   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #34

Depresie, calm down a bit.

1) If I understand, you want persistent speed similar to what does cs_set_user_model which enforces the same model until overwritten by another plugin?

Well, for sure if dealing with one plugin, hooking ResetMakSpeed would be the way to go. If dealing several plugins with the same way, it's going to conflict and the last plugin of the list will have the last word. It could be fine depending on the stuff you want to do, like blocking a forward. But if you want to persist a speed (against game change) and still allow any plugin to overwrite the value anytime, you are going to need an API for that. This is basically what does cs_set_user_model and we could provide the same for speed.
If following this behavior, having a native in cstrike module makes sense, actually and considering that's a setting often used/wanted, I would not mind really.

2) Considering we have gamedata now, there are a bunch of natives/forwards which could be added to take advantage of useful game functions, similar to SM, like terminating a round, switching team, setting team score, etc. I don't know exactly what yet, but some functionalities around gameplay manipulation are welcomed I guess.

3) Not totally sure to follow. You should elaborate in what context and such.

4) I would not mind, it's useful and often used.
Old 01-13-2017 , 16:43   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #35

@Arkshine

Thank you for considering my suggestions, i really appreciate it, you got everything i said right and on point

1) Yes, Yes, Yes, exactly what i meant
2) Yes, Yes, Yes, exactly what i meant

3) I was talking about a function that hooks spawn, in which we could also prevent it from happening

Right now we can prevent only the player spawn triggered by RoundSpawn by registering Ham_CS_RoundSpawn
But i guess it's manageable since we can use set_pdata_int(index, 365, 1 ) even tho being able to block it via a forward would be more convenient

Last edited by Depresie; 01-13-2017 at 16:44.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2017 , 19:37   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
3) I was talking about a function that hooks spawn, in which we could also prevent it from happening
Something similar to SM's SDKHook's Spawn hook?
Old 01-14-2017 , 06:49   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #37

I never used sourcemod, so I don't really know
Basically what I was asking for is a forward for Player Spawn in which you can block any further player spawns.

Btw, thanks Arks for adding the CS_NORESET constant
Old 01-15-2017 , 20:00   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
I never used sourcemod, so I don't really know
Basically what I was asking for is a forward for Player Spawn in which you can block any further player spawns.

Btw, thanks Arks for adding the CS_NORESET constant
I think that const is already in 1.8.3dev repo, but it was deleted by mistake. And now it was re-added.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 01-16-2017 , 10:57   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #39

Nice ideas, I don't understand the 3rd though.
Old 01-23-2017 , 16:26   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #40

So, Arks, any chance for the speed native to be done soon ? ^_^