Reports System v3.1 [UPDATED 07/21/2019]

Post New Thread Reply   

edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 09-23-2018 , 07:16   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
There's no point in an option to either save in nvault or a text file. Just stick to one, for the end user it's the same thing.

I want to see more features added before I make a decision on this plugin, because right now it's kinda simple.
Just because it's simple, doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to be approved.
Check this plugin you approved: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=304374
Old 09-23-2018 , 07:23   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by edon1337 View Post
Check this plugin you approved: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=304374
That plugin has a clear purpose, doesn't matter that the code is small. It's meant to make sure players are properly spawned and it does just that, there's nothing else to add.
Here, on the other hand, the plugin lacks useful and needed features, like the ones I listed. For example, what is the point in keeping a message forever after you read it, with no option to remove?

Last edited by HamletEagle; 09-23-2018 at 07:24.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2018 , 14:50   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
I don't know MySQL/PHP so I'm not going to bother with that.
There is absolutely no push. Keep in mind potential employers appreciate (Postgre)SQL prowess. I think you will like it. PHP originally known as Paul's Home Page, is the only book I do not have sitting in bookshelf. If I did it all over again php would be the only book there. It is incredible. The taste's I have had of it splitting array on a packet sniff I created a UDP high ping tester so when servers are hung up and do not crash clean (open port ceased up), another job is able to kill task since port is closed at that point. I did remake another version without the PHP also in pure BASH.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 09-23-2018 at 14:52. Reason: quotes of edon
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2018 , 14:46   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by edon1337 View Post
that spawn fix plugin is very usefull, but look at this approved plugin, just gives 16000 cash when typed on say https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=2131

add feature to remove msg when read and show it to the sender that it has been read it will be great like suggested before
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-24-2018 , 14:51   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
that spawn fix plugin is very usefull, but look at this approved plugin, just gives 16000 cash when typed on say https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=2131

add feature to remove msg when read and show it to the sender that it has been read it will be great like suggested before
Look at the date of the plugin. You are not making any point.
Old 09-24-2018 , 16:17   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:

Back in 2004 or earlier making a plugin was historical.

Amx wasnt expanded.
@VIP System 100% done !

Last edited by Natsheh; 09-24-2018 at 16:18.
Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2018 , 16:34   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Look at the date of the plugin. You are not making any point.
well, all i'm saying is that some plugins for some people can be useless, but for others can be a great plugin and very useful, i think that way, but lets wait for upgrades so its better and can be reviewed
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-24-2018 , 16:42   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #18

If you can find a mail server that supports the SMTP protocol (does it still exist?) you can send an email using the sockets module. Assuming owners visit their servers regularly it isn't a huge deal that you don't send emails, though it would be pretty nice. You should also create an option to auto-display messages, if any, when an admin with specified flags connects.

I think this would be nicer if the messages showed directly in the menu with a menu option that toggles the action for the message, similar to the slay/slap/kick AMX-X menu. The MOTD doesn't look that great and it's annoying to have that extra window pop up. I don't expect people will be typing novels in these messages so the menu should suffice--I'm not sure offhand what the character limitation is, if that is why you didn't do it this way.

Example menu:
1. Bugsy: Hi owner, get new plugins please.
2. edon: Hello owner, I need to ban someone..
8. View / Mark Read / Respond / Delete

You can expand your MessageStruct enumerator to include a time stamp for when the message was read (also can act as a boolean for read status), deleted status, etc. If Deleted is set to true, you wouldn't actually delete the message, just flag it so it doesn't appear for anyone again. You can then have a 'recycling bin' of messages where you would pull everything, regardless of delete status. I'm over complicating this.
PHP Code:
enum _:MessageStruct
{

Message_Text192 ],

Message_Sender32 ],

Message_ReadTS,

bool:Message_Deleted
}; 
Maybe also allow sending messages to a specific owner/admin only, using a config file to designate a username to appear in the menu while the config also holds their steam-id which can be used to direct the message to that admin/owner.
Code:
bugsy STEAM_0:012345
edon STEAM_1_:02322
Old 09-24-2018 , 16:43   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
well, all i'm saying is that some plugins for some people can be useless, but for others can be a great plugin and very useful, i think that way, but lets wait for upgrades so its better and can be reviewed
I never said it is useless. I said I want him to add more features to provide a more complete plugin, which is clearly better for the user. Why are you arguing about that? Is it wrong to want to provide quality for the people using AMXX?
Old 09-24-2018 , 16:50   Re: Contact Owner [Helping Tool] v1.1
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
I never said it is useless. I said I want him to add more features to provide a more complete plugin, which is clearly better for the user. Why are you arguing about that? Is it wrong to want to provide quality for the people using AMXX?
not arguing, just pointing out my point of view, but you are right, the more complete the plugin is, the better!