[RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor

Post New Thread Reply   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-02-2016 , 21:15   Re: [RELEASE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor v0.6
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timocop View Post
Uff i knew this gonna come... I know obfuscated programs are suspicious but im only doing it to optimize and compress the program (and holding it closed until i know if im going commercial or not).
The only thing i want is to get a bit attention for what i do, so i dont feel like wasting my time on expensive projects and spreading malware through my software doenst help that at all. Its even the opposite.
It doesn't create any meaningful optimization. I suspect that the only real goal with the obfuscation is commercialization, which wouldn't be likely to be successful when the largest audience would be here, where advertising is not (and has never been) permitted.

Quote:
Btw. SEdirector here on AlliedModders is obfuscated too and noone realy said anything.
So i assumed its ok. If not, there should be a rule to clarify that.
Thanks! That one flew under my radar. We'll take a look.

Quote:
I dont want to Open-Source it yet, well, unless im forced to (Please dont abuse) or maybe im going commercial so i can buy certificates (which are expensive btw), who knows.
If im going to Open-Source it, i still need take time to learn how to use Github , cleanup even more code and set comments everywhere.
We can't (and wouldn't want to) force you to do anything, but we need to protect our users. You're obviously free to license your program as you wish, but if you want to post it here, we would like to be able to prove that it isn't a threat to our users, especially when there already exist open source alternatives to the program.

Quote:
Mhh, im not sure. AeonOne and i have probably different goals or tastes.
Im a bit proud of what i did with BasicPawn. At the beginning i didnt even know how to get on the same level like SPEdit did and scraping BasicPawn now, the only thing currently to get a bit attention for my projects, feels wasted...
We still could help each other tho.
You should be proud. It sounds pretty cool judging by the your first post. I haven't tried it yet myself, from not wanting to run untrusted binaries that I can inspect, posted by individuals.

Quote:
Sorry for the bad english grammar, i hope you understand what i wrote and hopefully we solve this somehow. Do i fear a takedown?
This literally took me over 30 minutes to write this, i did my best xD
Links/attachments may be removed. We (staff) will likely talk more on this tomorrow.

Last edited by psychonic; 11-02-2016 at 21:17.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 11-02-2016 , 21:30   Re: [RELEASE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor v0.6
Reply With Quote #12

Here are my 2 cents, I think the obfuscation is kinda pointless, as mentioned the performance increase is minimal if any. If it is for possibly commercialization, even it not being obfuscated would require a decent amount of effort to reverse and doubt heavily anyone would commit lots of time into it.

It comes across more that you want to advertise yourself and everything you do (which some of it is already frowned upon) and if you do commercialize it you will look more like a dick than anything. You're getting users to use it and like using it, meaning free advertisement without breaking the rules just to get potential clients and then switching it to a commercial version.
Timocop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-02-2016 , 23:37   Re: [RELEASE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor v0.6
Reply With Quote #13

Thanks for the quick response guys!
Spoiler

Text Wall:
Spoiler

EDIT:

BasicPawn is on Github now!

Last edited by Timocop; 11-03-2016 at 19:29. Reason: What a text wall
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-08-2016 , 01:49   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #14

Thanks for releasing the source.

It's "Syntax" by the way.
Old 11-08-2016 , 02:02   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #15

I'll be honest, Github is quite fun. With the Visual Studios Git extension its even easier.
And i though i need to do everything with the git commandline .
Thanks for pointing "Syntrax" out. I dont know where the R comes from xD.

EDIT:

Added commit builds in the #1 thread. So you guys can test all the new features without compiling it by yourself.
Those builds are automatically created each commit and may be unstable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey83 View Post
Finished some of your requests.

Last edited by Timocop; 11-10-2016 at 10:27.
Timocop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-01-2017 , 19:27   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #16

MAJOR UPDATE

Added plugin support!
You can now add plugins to BasicPawn using C# or VB.NET.
This is the first time i made an actual plugin system. Tips and suggestions are appreciated!
Can't wait to see some of your plugins.

It's probably the best to post them here and i'll link them in the #1 post for easy access.
Pack the plugin and the source into a *.zip (or seperate them) and post them here with title and description.

Last edited by Timocop; 01-01-2017 at 22:09.
Desktop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-18-2017 , 19:24   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #17

Hi, very nice editor, i really like the minimalistic style, but (if you don't mind) i would like to see options to Expand/Collapse all on it!

Nice job mate.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2017 , 08:09   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #18

Thanks! But im not sure what you mean by "Expand/Collapse all". Do you mean expand/collapse Object Browser items or do you mean Drag&Drop and relocate controls?
Desktop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2017 , 19:16   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #19

To collapse or expand all plugin functions, because it's a little messy to re-open the plugins and see that all the functions you've collapsed are expanded again for default; so i think that option would be actually great for people like me who like to collapse what is not going to edit.

Last edited by Desktop; 06-20-2017 at 19:16.
Timocop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2017 , 22:35   Re: [RELEASE|SOURCE] BasicPawn - SourcePawn Editor
Reply With Quote #20

Done. Look at the latest github commit build. You can download it from there if you dont want to wait for a public release.