Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Shin722
Old 02-09-2014 , 05:11   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
Well, if anyone needs it, here's a rather crappy modification of csm_b that I made for my server that only allows Zoey as a Model when playing on L4D2 campaigns. since she's the only one that no longer seems to work, It's a shame since she's my favorite out of the original 4 :/
Thx a lot , it's working
LoneBat
Old 03-03-2014 , 05:38   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #602

I hope it can automatically randomly assigned Character, because I have 18 survivors, but there are many repeat same character.
HilbertPL
Old 03-17-2014 , 11:47   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #603

Hi guys. Greetings ! I Have a question. How They fix Zoey?
Server: 8CAPPy.OMG
IP: 217.163.31.49:27015
Server is co-op for 8 players with some hardcore mods.

I want to create own server with all survivors to play with friends on custom campaign... But Zoey is problem, she crashing my server. Any ideas how to fix her?

Screen for proof: http://oi59.tinypic.com/8yx9uh.jpg

Last edited by HilbertPL; 03-17-2014 at 11:50. Reason: forgot to paste link
Ellie
Old 03-24-2014 , 01:54   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #604

Zoey only works on a Windows server if you are playing a l4d1 map. On Linux she works on any map. It's going to stay that way until/if Valve fixes it.
HilbertPL
Old 03-24-2014 , 10:29   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #605

Is there a way to edit CSM mods to exclude spawning Zoey? I want to spawn additional bots as characters from L4D1 without crashing my server with Zoey. I want a 6 player server and Louis and Bill to be the additional player slots. No Zoey.

I Want CSM where you can only choose : Nick, Ellis, Rochelle, Coach, Francis, Louis and Bill

And i forgot. I've had a plugin where Bill worked perfect, by that I mean his hands didn't disappear. Anyone knows where I could get that plugin from?

Last edited by HilbertPL; 03-24-2014 at 10:42.
Ellie
Old 03-25-2014 , 13:56   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
Not sure if the author is still active - but I wanted to post a bug with this addon. It causes doors to appear around survivors in "Dead Before Dawn DC 2" on the "l4ddbd2dc_clean_up" map.

Any ideas?

This is happening to us now on dead center (we've played this map tons of times and this never happened before). The server doesn't have any custom maps and we haven't added/removed/changed any plugins. Some of the doors are very large and annoying. What's causing these doors to appear on the characters?
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2014 , 09:34   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #607

I've seen the bug happen many times, not just with csm, but with the CS weapons as well.

I just assume the map runs out of entities, so it can't handle anymore. I've specifically seen this bug on Dead Center map 3 and Dead Before Dawn.

Last edited by Sev; 03-26-2014 at 10:03.
Ellie
Old 03-26-2014 , 12:15   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I've seen the bug happen many times, not just with csm, but with the CS weapons as well.

I just assume the map runs out of entities, so it can't handle anymore. I've specifically seen this bug on Dead Center map 3 and Dead Before Dawn.

Interesting. We do have the CS weapons enabled. But this wasn't happening before even with the CS weapons enabled.
Emcitement
Old 04-23-2014 , 19:59   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #609

editedout

Last edited by Emcitement; 12-16-2016 at 10:51.
DeathChaos25
Old 04-23-2014 , 20:19   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcitement View Post
Is there anyway to change config files in game through the console?
The description says you need to change l4d_csm_l4d1_survivors to 2 when playing on L4D1 campaigns and its a bit of a pain to restart everything everytime you change levels.

Thanks. Me and some friends I play with prefer the L4D1 characters for the most part and while there are mods to swap them, having things be server-side is just easier so finding this plugin was great.
Francis, Louis, and Bill all work but Zoey was crashing the game.

Your fix swaps the model out, but her voice won't change nor will the first person view change.
However, if you are hosting your games and playing Zoey then there's a workaround.

http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=16728
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=18153
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=18091
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=18122

Use whatever one you wish to play as to be replaced. By default, the mod will replace the character fully with Zoey if you locally host. The dialogue options (when hosting) are server-side, but the model everyone sees is client-side. So that's where this mod comes into play. Just swap your model through !csm to Zoey. Everyone will still hear Zoey, you'll see her arms in first person view, and due to this plugin everyone will be able to see her as well.

Of course, it'd be much better if the Zoey option simply worked like the other three L4D1 survivors but unfortunately it doesn't and I doubt it'll ever get udpated so this is the next best thing
I actually Have Zoey replaces rochelle and did the exact same thing, CSM into Model, I also modified the talker file myself.

I actually downloaded the modified talker addon, and further modified it to add more conversations between the survivors.

For example, When Ellis dies, Zoey says,
"Hmm, I'm gunna miss Ellis"

Or when Ellis dies, Bill says,
"Goddamnit Kid! What did you go and do?!"

Etc, if you want this file, I could dig it up from my server and upload it for you.