3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix

Post New Thread Reply   

krokroJoujou
Old 02-04-2018 , 06:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
There are a couple of the game Cvar's that can change the bot reaction times to be better, by reducing their calm response levels too. Post 53 has already mentioned about the bot reactions times, but these ones can help too, they are:

sm_cvar survivor_calm_weapon_delay 1 //default 5 - survivors are not calm for this many seconds after firing
sm_cvar survivor_calm_recent_enemy_delay 1 // default 5 - survivors are not calm for this many seconds after seeing an enemy
sm_cvar survivor_calm_damage_delay 1 - default 5 - survivors are not calm for this many seconds after taking damage

For example, when I became incapped during a horde attack, one bot would revived me, while the others carried on shooting Infected. At the default values the bots would not help me up at all during the shoot out. Ofc this is not always invariable the case, but then again nothing is perfect with game dev coding
hmm what does NOT CALM state mean? Doesnt it mean they react faster and so on? In this case you should raise the numbers and not decrease it.
Sunyata
Old 02-04-2018 , 07:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokroJoujou View Post
Thanks i will try that, also what do you think about this? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=116382

im trying to make the bot a bit better/respond faster. I already tried the Competitive bots survivor edition and it makes the tank's rocks aim buged, i will try Improved bots and ur ideas ty. Also did anyone tried tougher bots? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2544877
I'm only familiar with those values I've mentioned above, so can't speak for those other ones in the links you gave me.
Sunyata
Old 02-04-2018 , 07:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
hmm what does NOT CALM state mean? Doesnt it mean they react faster and so on? In this case you should raise the numbers and not decrease it.
It's the time they take to calm down. So after the bots stop shooting, you don't want them to calm down in 5 seconds if you were incapped and wanted to be revived, you would want then to do it ASAP. So by setting their value to calm down to within 1 second gets them to react to help you quicker.

Last edited by Sunyata; 02-04-2018 at 07:43.
krokroJoujou
Old 02-04-2018 , 12:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
It's the time they take to calm down. So after the bots stop shooting, you don't want them to calm down in 5 seconds if you were incapped and wanted to be revived, you would want then to do it ASAP. So by setting their value to calm down to within 1 second gets them to react to help you quicker.
So the NOT CALM state is a state where they are in combat mode and will not help team mates ?
Sunyata
Old 02-04-2018 , 12:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
So the NOT CALM state is a state where they are in combat mode and will not help team mates ?
I was explaining that as one example of how they can respond in that particular situation. This is how I've seen the 'calm down' variables work from my own tests ingame.
krokroJoujou
Old 02-05-2018 , 07:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #86

Alright so i tried to change some cvars on the fly while playing on the server using the serve console, i did not see any difference in bot follow distance or else, do i need to relaod the server after a change or restart map or execute a command? ingame there is a text chat saying when i change a cvar so i know it was correctly registered on the fly.

Btw does anyone know what this does :
sb_force_max_intensity
i found an explanation : Force intensity of selected SurvivorBot to maximum level. Not sure what that means... i also found this regarding max intensity : https://gist.github.com/hjhee/1887f9...562cffe7d5b5f1 interrestingly the command seems to work on my server without the additional plugin (i think its because i have admincheats plugin which lets me already use cheat commands which sb_force_max_intensity is.

From what i tested you have to put it in the server.cfg folder and not use sm_cvar before it to make it work and you have to specify the characters name, i have this in my .cfg :

sb_force_max_intensity Coach // Default none - DON'T USE sm_cvar IN FRONT OF THIS - Force intensity of selected SurvivorBot to maximum level
sb_force_max_intensity Ellis // Default none - DON'T USE sm_cvar IN FRONT OF THIS - Force intensity of selected SurvivorBot to maximum level
sb_force_max_intensity Rochelle // Default none - DON'T USE sm_cvar IN FRONT OF THIS - Force intensity of selected SurvivorBot to maximum level
sb_force_max_intensity Nick // Default none - DON'T USE sm_cvar IN FRONT OF THIS - Force intensity of selected SurvivorBot to maximum level
sb_force_max_intensity Bill // Default none - DON'T USE sm_cvar IN FRONT OF THIS - Force intensity of selected SurvivorBot to maximum level
sb_force_max_intensity Louis // Default none - DON'T USE sm_cvar IN FRONT OF THIS - Force intensity of selected SurvivorBot to maximum level
sb_force_max_intensity Francis // Default none - DON'T USE sm_cvar IN FRONT OF THIS - Force intensity of selected SurvivorBot to maximum level
sb_force_max_intensity Zoey // Default none - DON'T USE sm_cvar IN FRONT OF THIS - Force intensity of selected SurvivorBot to maximum level

Last edited by krokroJoujou; 02-05-2018 at 18:54.
Vova2999
Old 09-29-2020 , 03:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #87

It doesn't work after the last update. Can anyone fix it?
Omixsat
Old 07-24-2022 , 19:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #88

[L4D1 & L4D2] Survivor AI Pounced Fix Improved version 1.2.2 - FINAL

I've discovered that the L4D1 implementation broke as per version 1.0.5 onwards. I figured out my own way to recreate such implementation for L4D1 while optimizing the L4D2 method. Should now work in both L4D1/2.

Best used with the ff. ConVars set to 0:
Code:
"sb_friend_immobilized_reaction_time_expert" "0"
"sb_friend_immobilized_reaction_time_hard" "0"
"sb_friend_immobilized_reaction_time_normal" "0"
"sb_friend_immobilized_reaction_time_vs" "0"
Recommended Settings
Code:
l4d_survivoraipouncedfix_range
Default : 800
Recommended minimum: 300
I left mine at default range.

l4d_survivoraipouncedfix_delay
Default: 0.5
Recommended minimum: 0.1

My personal setting for "l4d_survivoraipouncedfix_delay" varies per L4D:
L4D1: 0.1 //Best performing value thus far
L4D2: 1.1 //This value gives them room to do other actions such as shoving other threats
Changelog - Date format is MM/DD/YYY
Spoiler
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_survivorai_pouncedfix.sp - 953 views - 12.4 KB)

Last edited by Omixsat; 09-26-2022 at 11:58. Reason: Updated plugin
Omixsat
Old 09-22-2022 , 16:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #89

[L4D1 & L4D2] Survivor AI Pounced Fix Improved version 1.1.8
- Slightly more optimized algorithm

[L4D1 & L4D2] Survivor AI Pounced Fix Improved version 1.1.7
- Fixed algorithm. Should work properly now for both games

[L4D1 & L4D2] Survivor AI Pounced Fix Improved version 1.1.5
- Fixed implementation on L4D1
- L4D1 method now makes use of the new dominator visibility system
- Should not try to aim through walls (bots won't shoot anyway)
- Optimized script methods via logic_script entity for L4D2
- Updated to new 1.7 transitional syntax
[1] [2]

Last edited by Omixsat; 09-24-2022 at 21:46. Reason: Updated
Omixsat
Old 09-24-2022 , 21:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot AI SHOOT IT FFS Fix
Reply With Quote #90

[L4D1 & L4D2] Survivor AI Pounced Fix Improved version 1.2.0
- Implemented "TONGUE TWISTER(read achievement description)" technique for bots in both L4D1 and L4D2. They can now attempt to save themselves if they have a direct line of sight to the attacker.
[1] [2]