Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

Ydiss
Old 07-01-2009 , 17:55   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #291

By the way, I've used Stripper with L4D to create a whole batch of L4D config files to help improve many of the standard maps.

I've, of course, credited BAILOPAN, for the excellent Stripper. If anyone's interested they're welcome to have a look here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=907695

All the features are in there.

Thanks again, BAILOPAN.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 08:43   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #292

Good work Ydiss. I will install this asap. Btw how can i know what is my current coordinates in game. If i want to add something with this plugin i shud know coordinates of a placement.
LinktoInsanity
Old 07-03-2009 , 10:08   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #293

Good work Ydiss. I have an edited 1.4 running on my servers atm. Here's one for anyone wishing to test it out: 85.234.148.240:27145 (use the ms_force command to connect to it)

Note that loading times are increased slightly and fps can drop a little ingame, but the trade off for the improved gameplay is well-worth it.
Old 07-03-2009 , 14:14   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Good work Ydiss. I will install this asap. Btw how can i know what is my current coordinates in game. If i want to add something with this plugin i shud know coordinates of a placement.
getpos tells you the current coordinates of your character (at about eye level). It also shows your angles, too.

If you want, you can also use setpos to go to a coordinate location quickly (this is very helpful when finding a problematic model).

This is what I do to set up a map for finding and placing items:

sv_cheats 1
sb_stop 1
map <mapname>
director_stop
noclip

Then use setpos and getpos - add an item, then keep saving it, running the map (you don't need to keep putting in sv_cheats, sb_stop or director_stop every time you run the map so long as you don't shut down L4D).

Keep tweaking until you've found the right location.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 17:47   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #295

Ok, thanks. Played 10vs10 versus today with your pack (i remove wepon changes though). Very nice. Btw, why you removed health cabinet from farm3 bridge, and put 1 medkit instead (which floating above table)?
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 18:34   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #296

Hello guys!

Iīve set up 2 8vs8 win2k3-Servers last week and found Stripper/promaps just today. I was glad and happy to see that finally I found what Iīve been looking for. I show big respect for the creators of stripper and I take my hat off to them, unfortunately there are some "buts":

1. tank spawn in finale maps is delayed by approx. 2 minutes
2. no witch on dead air 1-3, despite forcing her by cvars in server.cfg
(witch chance...). Witch on Dead air 5 only rotated on same place (where you jump off the gangway, on the left pathway heading to the weapons) without attacking anyone, not even the guy who startled her.
3. Time for map change between 30 and 90 seconds
4. All 8 survivors get switched to spectator mode, after new campaign starts.
approx. 20 seconds later my "Loadingbugremoval" activates, which waits for all players to have joined game and starts a 8 second countdown then. This usually takes place immediately after map start, without that spectator thing.

1., 2. and 3. arenīt scaring me that much, I consider them as a glitch, but the time needed for a map change finally forced me to remove it from my server. Waiting for 40 seconds and looking at the same "scores" screen..People asked me what I did to my server.

I am using MMS 171 and SM 120 with a windows2003 server. steam updates already done.

Additional plugins besides default ones from SM:
"Plugin Manager" (1.1.0) by R-Hehl
"Pounce Announce" (1.4) by n0limit
"L4D Force Mission Changer" (1.3.2) by Dionys
"Very Basic High Ping Kicker" (1.2) by msleeper
"L4D Vocalize Guard" (1.0.0) by Crimson - TeddyRuxpin
"L4D Vote Restrict" (0.2) by devicenull
"Dead Giveaway" (1.0.1) by James Richardson (grandwazir)
"L4D Loading Bug Removal" (2.0.1) by lilDrowOuw
"L4D 8 Versus 8" (1.0) by Xx_Faxe_xX

MMS Plugins:
L4DToolZ (1.0.0.3) by Ivailosp
NephDSU (1.1.0.0) by [email protected]
SourceMod (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
SDK Tools (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
BinTools (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC

The idea behind this project and the progress are great. Unfortunately there seem to be some "cross-influences" amongst the plugins (witch, tank, spectators, map change time) which I cannot identify on my own. As long as these problems persist I run my servers without it. Maybe thereīs something I can do in order to help you because I really really want this great piece of code to work properly ! Looking at the characters while they found out that they canīt activate the car alarm from rooftop was pure fun. Everyone knows the maps by heart now... stripper would change a lot.

cheers, Christoph.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 21:23   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #297

It works perfectly to me. I host 10 vs 10 games and all seems good. I removed wepons change part though. I didnt pay attention how long tank spawn, witch worked on dead air 1 and 2 (shud work on all other maps also). I dont have problem with ppl switching to spectator's mode, but after all, from all list of your plugins i have only pounceannounce and L4DToolz (yet i have quite much of other plugins). Also, map change time increased by 10 seconds at most, mb you should improve your hardware and review your plugins.

Last edited by olj; 07-04-2009 at 05:44. Reason: mistakenly wrote no mercy instead of dead air
Ydiss
Old 07-04-2009 , 07:19   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Ok, thanks. Played 10vs10 versus today with your pack (i remove wepon changes though). Very nice. Btw, why you removed health cabinet from farm3 bridge, and put 1 medkit instead (which floating above table)?
I think that's an oversight, didn't mean to release those changes - will fix it when I'm back home tomorrow - in the meantime, you can remove these changes from the config file if you want.

I did this for my server because I hate that first aid box, it seriously gives far too much health.
Ydiss
Old 07-04-2009 , 07:24   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
Hello guys!

Iīve set up 2 8vs8 win2k3-Servers last week and found Stripper/promaps just today. I was glad and happy to see that finally I found what Iīve been looking for. I show big respect for the creators of stripper and I take my hat off to them, unfortunately there are some "buts":

1. tank spawn in finale maps is delayed by approx. 2 minutes
2. no witch on dead air 1-3, despite forcing her by cvars in server.cfg
(witch chance...). Witch on Dead air 5 only rotated on same place (where you jump off the gangway, on the left pathway heading to the weapons) without attacking anyone, not even the guy who startled her.
3. Time for map change between 30 and 90 seconds
4. All 8 survivors get switched to spectator mode, after new campaign starts.
approx. 20 seconds later my "Loadingbugremoval" activates, which waits for all players to have joined game and starts a 8 second countdown then. This usually takes place immediately after map start, without that spectator thing.

1., 2. and 3. arenīt scaring me that much, I consider them as a glitch, but the time needed for a map change finally forced me to remove it from my server. Waiting for 40 seconds and looking at the same "scores" screen..People asked me what I did to my server.

I am using MMS 171 and SM 120 with a windows2003 server. steam updates already done.

Additional plugins besides default ones from SM:
"Plugin Manager" (1.1.0) by R-Hehl
"Pounce Announce" (1.4) by n0limit
"L4D Force Mission Changer" (1.3.2) by Dionys
"Very Basic High Ping Kicker" (1.2) by msleeper
"L4D Vocalize Guard" (1.0.0) by Crimson - TeddyRuxpin
"L4D Vote Restrict" (0.2) by devicenull
"Dead Giveaway" (1.0.1) by James Richardson (grandwazir)
"L4D Loading Bug Removal" (2.0.1) by lilDrowOuw
"L4D 8 Versus 8" (1.0) by Xx_Faxe_xX

MMS Plugins:
L4DToolZ (1.0.0.3) by Ivailosp
NephDSU (1.1.0.0) by [email protected]
SourceMod (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
SDK Tools (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
BinTools (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC

The idea behind this project and the progress are great. Unfortunately there seem to be some "cross-influences" amongst the plugins (witch, tank, spectators, map change time) which I cannot identify on my own. As long as these problems persist I run my servers without it. Maybe thereīs something I can do in order to help you because I really really want this great piece of code to work properly ! Looking at the characters while they found out that they canīt activate the car alarm from rooftop was pure fun. Everyone knows the maps by heart now... stripper would change a lot.

cheers, Christoph.
1 and 2 and 4. simply do not sound like bugs caused by the stripper at all. 3 certainly is and unless BAILOPAN has time/ability to release an optimisation, this cannot be fixed.

I'm quite happy to give up a few more seconds to have these modifications. The other stuff sounds more like it's being caused by other plugins. Stripper, to my knowledge, only runs at map load time and wouldn't have a chance to interact with all of those things.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2009 , 10:14   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2 w/ L4D support)
Reply With Quote #300

So letīs hope, there IS something about the loading time that can be done to shorten it. ;) Faxe and I were testing a couple of minutes ago:

my hardware: http://www.v2.hosters.at/servertechnik.php Itīs an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, running most of the time at 10-15% cpu usage even during panic events and mobs spawning. So the server is pretty bored I would say and doesnīt have much to do.

MMS 1.7.1 default installation, Stripper 1.2
no sm, no sm plugins, no "Promap" map-cfgīs installed
Server running as versus only, 8 slots. no players in game.

we just changed the maps in hlsw and the min. time was 45 seconds for hospital_1. DeadAir_2 took 90 seconds to load...
CPU usage about 50-60% just during map change. So itīs got nothing to do with sourcemod or sourcemod plugins. We installed a win2k-32bit and a win2k3-32bit server from scratch, both same results. We have to wait ages, until the maps get loaded.

I would like to know if anyone else has same problems when thereīs only MMS and stripper installed ? Is it a problem with 32-bit, or 64 bit ? I am totally at loss with that.

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 07-04-2009 at 10:22.