Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

How you deal with time management?

Post New Thread Reply   

nordjoker98
BANNED
Old 04-06-2022 , 11:17   How you deal with time management?
Reply With Quote #1

I'm constantly suffering from the lack of time. Have a lot of stuff to do... Any useful tips on how to succeed in this?
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2022 , 14:09   Re: How you deal with time management?
Reply With Quote #2

Stop doing some of the things you're doing?
Old 04-06-2022 , 14:15   Re: How you deal with time management?
Reply With Quote #3

Put on a piece of paper all the stuff you do daily and prioritize the most useful and important tasks, then you will have left the ones with less importance, so that will give you an idea what to give up with.
Jessica21
Zero Posts
Old 04-14-2022 , 05:40   Re: How you deal with time management?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordjoker98 View Post
I'm constantly suffering from the lack of time. Have a lot of stuff to do... Any useful tips on how to succeed in this?
We use Doctor Timer for Time management. I actually we are working for a subscription management system. I believe the key is to make the short task enjoyable. I usually juggle when I take a break. It's a simple task that I enjoy and doesn't necessitate a lot of thought. It has significantly improved me, so it has been productive, but it still feels like effective downtime.

Last edited by Jessica21; 05-06-2022 at 02:28.
bigdaddy424
Old 04-14-2022 , 18:07   Re: How you deal with time management?
Reply With Quote #5

Having a lot of stuff to do doesn't mean you suck at time management. You're just a busy person. A day has 24 hours. We all wish it had more.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-14-2022 , 18:41   Re: How you deal with time management?
Reply With Quote #6

There's definitely not enough time. So much to do, so little time. I guess prioritize what's important and what can sit on the back burner. Creating ToDo lists definitely helps me organize priorities, short term goals and long term goals. Sticking to them is more of a problem, but it certainty helps to set deadlines.
Old 04-25-2022 , 12:48   Re: How you deal with time management?
Reply With Quote #7

One good thing that you can totally do right now is task layering. Basically, you do two things at the same time. Yes, you obviously cannot be present at two different places at the same time, but if you can do some things remotely, you can go for it. Even if it saves a mere 30 minutes a day, it's still a lot. Alternatively, if your job is not about talking to people, you can combine your job with some kind of pleasure. Most basic thing is listening to a podcast while driving. I do that a lot, because I work an hgv job.

Last edited by Jan135; 05-01-2022 at 13:01.
RickyReyesmatrina
Old 05-10-2022 , 23:57   Re: How you deal with time management?
Reply With Quote #8

Obviously, change requires habit. It is much easier to form 1 new habit than several new habits. By forming 1 new habit of sticking to a daily schedule, you free yourself of the burden (probably the impossibility) of forming 10+ new habits to eliminate the procrastination that you speak of. When I say 10+ new habits, I mean things like: not checking reddit, not checking e-mail during the day, not browsing news, not getting wrapped up in personal phone calls, etc. If you have your day scheduled out, you can do whatever you want during the unscheduled time, so you don't have to break these other habits. Like I said in my original post, I give myself 15 minutes per hour to do whatever. This morning, many of those 15 minute blocks have been spent reading/replying on this reddit post-- so I've been on reddit, yet still had a very productive morning (because I've done exactly what I was supposed to be doing during the other 45 minutes).

If you find yourself procrastinating despite having things scheduled on your calendar, it is very likely due to the fact that you do not have all of the important things you want to do scheduled on that calendar. A schedule works precisely because it makes you realize time is scarce-- if you put off thing A that is scheduled right now, you will not have time to do thing B or C which are scheduled afterward. So you are confronted with an obvious choice, which you can clearly see thanks to your schedule. Procrastination mainly occurs when you can't see this choice.

This ties in with point #1, but do whatever you need to do to create the single habit of budgeting your time on a calendar. Maybe you just need a sticky note, maybe you need something like r/the effect, maybe you need an accountability partner. The exact method of ingraining any habit will be different for everybody. The advantage of the method I am proposing here is that you only have to form 1 habit.