Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

is there a way to make grenades more powerful in CS 1.6?

Post New Thread Reply   

pandabot
Old 02-15-2021 , 21:48   is there a way to make grenades more powerful in CS 1.6?
Reply With Quote #1

It would be cool if grenades instantly killed you, is there some way to increase the amount of damage they give in CS 1.6?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2021 , 21:49   Re: is there a way to make grenades more powerful in CS 1.6?
Reply With Quote #2

I believe you can do that by hooking TakeDamage and modifying the damage value depending on what is causing the damage.
Old 02-15-2021 , 22:15   Re: is there a way to make grenades more powerful in CS 1.6?
Reply With Quote #3

I set the multiplier to 10.0 which is guaranteed to kill anyone who catches a whiff of the grenade, you can try altering the value if you want to make it only slightly more powerful (eg. change 10.0 to 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.).
PHP Code:

#include <amxmodx>
#include <hamsandwich>

new const Version[] = "0.1";

const 
DMG_GRENADE = ( << 24 );

public 
plugin_init() 
{

register_plugin"Instant Grenade Kill" Version "bugsy" );

RegisterHamHam_TakeDamage "player" "HamTakeDamage" );
}

public 
HamTakeDamagevictim inflictor attacker Float:fDamage damageBits)
{
    if ( 
damageBits DMG_GRENADE )
    {

SetHamParamFloatfDamage 10.0 );
        return 
HAM_HANDLED;
    }

return 
HAM_IGNORED;

Old 02-15-2021 , 22:30   Re: is there a way to make grenades more powerful in CS 1.6?
Reply With Quote #4

Hmmmm this seems to only work for self damage, using it on enemies and teammates appears to be the normal amount. I've had some weirdness using HamSandwich on my machine in the past, I'm not sure if it's related to that

Last edited by pandabot; 02-15-2021 at 22:31.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-15-2021 , 22:49   Re: is there a way to make grenades more powerful in CS 1.6?
Reply With Quote #5

I just tested it on a bot and it worked completely fine. Do you have other plugins running that may be interfering?
Old 02-16-2021 , 01:24   Re: is there a way to make grenades more powerful in CS 1.6?
Reply With Quote #6

Ah okay, no the only other one that's active is amx_gore_ultimate.amxx. I've had issues with HamSandwich before, I think it has something to do with bots and my machine. For example on Zombie Swarm 2.4 none of the bots would turn into zombies until I removed HamSandwich and replaced those hooks in the codebase to do the same thing without it. Maybe there is a way to do this without HamSandwich using this code as a starting point Thanks
pandabot
Old 02-16-2021 , 05:37   Re: is there a way to make grenades more powerful in CS 1.6?
Reply With Quote #7

Lol this kind of works

Code:
#include <amxmodx>
#include <fun>

new const Version[] = "1.0";

public plugin_init() 
{
    register_plugin("Instant Grenade Kill", Version, "pandabot");    
}

public client_damage(iAttacker, iVictim, iDamage, iWpnIndex, iHitPlace, iTA)
{

if( is_user_alive(iVictim) && iDamage>0 ) {
        if (iWpnIndex == CSW_HEGRENADE) {
            set_user_health(iVictim, 0);
        }
    }
}
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-16-2021 , 06:35   Re: is there a way to make grenades more powerful in CS 1.6?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabot View Post
Ah okay, no the only other one that's active is amx_gore_ultimate.amxx. I've had issues with HamSandwich before, I think it has something to do with bots and my machine. For example on Zombie Swarm 2.4 none of the bots would turn into zombies until I removed HamSandwich and replaced those hooks in the codebase to do the same thing without it. Maybe there is a way to do this without HamSandwich using this code as a starting point Thanks
I believe it's an issue with the bots you are using as bot entities from some bot plugins/modules don't quite properly imitate player entities. If I remember correctly, Podbot works great for plugin testing.