Spawn location

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2016 , 22:24   Re: Spawn location
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by raizo11 View Post
Not everyone knows amxx that you, you're American is simple for you..if it was in Russian what were you doing?
Being American has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I learned most of what I know by just writing code and testing it along with researching online.

I was attempting to help you learn to write your own plugin (which is the whole purpose of this forum). But, when someone comes and just does everything for you, it defeats the purpose. My comment was not directed at you unless you are/were unwilling to learn to write your own plugin. If you are unwilling to attempt to learn and write your own plugin then you should post in the Requests forum.

Now, if you had asked a question (or several questions) like "How do I spawn a player?" and/or "How do I get that player to this specific location?" We could have directed you in the proper direction with answer on how to do those specific things. Then, you could take your new found knowledge and build your own plugin. This is why I asked you to tell us what question you had.

Last edited by fysiks; 01-26-2016 at 22:27.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-26-2016 , 23:03   Re: Spawn location
Reply With Quote #12

raizo11, his comment was directed at me because I helped you fix your code to make it do what you want it to do.

fysiks, with all due respect you need to relax. No purpose was defeated here, unless you don't think someone can learn from looking at code. He can see (and learn) that I had to re-spawn both players and set their origin accordingly.

When I was starting out I looked at source, asked questions and did a lot of trial and error. I appreciated when someone answered my questions with code because I could quickly see where I went wrong and learn the correct way. Yes, this forum is titled 'Scripting Help', but that does not mean it is English non-code answers only. You don't have to be so strict, keep it friendly.