Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Custom flags

Post New Thread Reply   

Yedanker
Old 05-27-2010 , 04:46   Custom flags
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,
Is there a way to sort of 'emulate' another flag using custom flags, for example:
I have admins that are on the z flag but I am also on the z flag, but I have a plugin that gives certain flags certain tags so z as [Admin] etc, but I want the tag to be [Owner] for me so I was wondering if the custom flags could make me z flag but actually not call it z call it o or something. So then I can tell the plugin set [Owner] for flag o for example.

I'm really bad at explaining but hopefully you'll understand?
Cheers.
DrWagstaff
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-27-2010 , 05:47   Re: Custom flags
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yedanker View Post
Hi,
Is there a way to sort of 'emulate' another flag using custom flags, for example:
I have admins that are on the z flag but I am also on the z flag, but I have a plugin that gives certain flags certain tags so z as [Admin] etc, but I want the tag to be [Owner] for me so I was wondering if the custom flags could make me z flag but actually not call it z call it o or something. So then I can tell the plugin set [Owner] for flag o for example.

I'm really bad at explaining but hopefully you'll understand?
Cheers.
I might be wrong, as I frequently am, but I believe you can do what you're asking in admin_levels.cfg . Maybe make a new custom flag with the same command on the left hand side, and a new flag on the right hand side. You should see what I'm talking about when you look in your admin_levels.cfg.

Like I said, I'm relatively newb, so this could be wrong and horrible advice. Anyone else?
Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff
Yedanker
Old 05-27-2010 , 06:45   Re: Custom flags
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWagstaff View Post
I might be wrong, as I frequently am, but I believe you can do what you're asking in admin_levels.cfg . Maybe make a new custom flag with the same command on the left hand side, and a new flag on the right hand side. You should see what I'm talking about when you look in your admin_levels.cfg.

Like I said, I'm relatively newb, so this could be wrong and horrible advice. Anyone else?
Presumably you mean like this?
Code:
"z"        "o"
If so, I tried that, and similar things with no luck.
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2010 , 13:46   Re: Custom flags
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yedanker View Post
Presumably you mean like this?
Code:
"z"        "o"
If so, I tried that, and similar things with no luck.
Hardcode your steamid into the plugin and print "[Owner]" if it matches