Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]

Post New Thread Reply   

ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2016 , 01:37   TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #1

I wasnt sure which forum section to post this in, but since there are syntax highlighters and other indirectly related stuff to SP coding, I thought this the best fit.

I created some code in VBA in a Microsoft Excel environment to convert SourcePawn plugins from old syntax into new syntax. While the project is not yet finished, I thought I would release it for others to use, and for feedback (provided I have time to implement much feedback). It REALLY should be ported over to another language so that MS Excel isnt required. Despite all that, here it is. Perhaps in the future, myself or another will port my code to PHP and make a web version...

Also, it isnt perfect (and probably never will be). Here is the identified TO-DO's, should I find the time for them...the point is that the tool gets you most of the way there, taking a lot of the work out of it (if not all).

To Do and Stuff Not Yet Handled:

Things handled by this program:

Usage/Instructions:

Note:The changelog is available with the spreadsheet in the "changelog" sheet.

I hope this is helpful! To see the code in Excel, press Alt+F11, or right click the tab and click "View Code". This tool will NOT edit the source file, but will create a new file with the same name then " newsyntax" appended. If a file already exists with that name, it will get a number appended in addition to that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TOGs Sourcemod Syntax Converter v1_1_2.zip (122.8 KB, 408 views)
File Type: zip TOGs Sourcemod Syntax Converter v1_1_4.zip (129.3 KB, 364 views)
File Type: zip TOGs Sourcemod Syntax Converter v1_1_6.zip (105.9 KB, 1137 views)

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 07-22-2017 at 16:35. Reason: Updated to 1.1.6
Timocop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-24-2016 , 04:09   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #2

You could also use Visual Basic Script *.vbs as a single file. Works for all Windows versions and should work for Linux with Wine aswell, i think (i saw MS Scripting Control in winetricks).
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2016 , 07:17   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timocop View Post
You could also use Visual Basic Script *.vbs as a single file. Works for all Windows versions and should work for Linux with Wine aswell, i think (i saw MS Scripting Control in winetricks).
I actually started the conversion to vbs and havent finished it because of some of the differences. Ideally, I'd rather just port the logic to php and make a web page for people to use, but we'll see.
Old 11-24-2016 , 10:11   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #4

convert back to old syntax would be useful
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2016 , 14:08   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
convert back to old syntax would be useful
lol...but why would someone want to do that?! I'm sure there are times it would be useful though...
Old 11-24-2016 , 15:12   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #6

what the fuck vba :psyduck:
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2016 , 15:35   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miu View Post
what the fuck vba :psyduck:
^This. lol. I already had a lot of code available from past projects I've done at work, so after a few drinks one night...

Anyways, when I finish the project, I'll probably make a PHP page to do the same. For now though, the development is easier in VBA, specifically for the includes processing, which I'm working on now. I dont know if you can easily follow a recursive include model from PHP without the user uploading all of those files as well...
Old 11-25-2016 , 04:02   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #8

Updated code and OP description.
Old 11-25-2016 , 05:34   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #9

great job!
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-25-2016 , 15:38   Re: TOGs SourcePawn Syntax Converter [MS Excel Based for now]
Reply With Quote #10

Good Job!

Last edited by headline; 11-25-2016 at 15:38.