Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011

Post New Thread Reply   

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-04-2010 , 16:26   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #751

The problem depends on the type of surface you're spraying the spray on, I experience it in CS:S all the time. I.e. you can't spray on a func_breakable, although I think func_detail passes fine. Nothing wrong with the plugin, just a limitation of the method used to spray the spray.
Old 10-04-2010 , 18:52   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #752

Sorry, didn't know you weren't developing it, I was just hoping i'd run across the page and there would be an updated copy because i haven't really been on the net in a while. either way the removal and all works so, thats fine
Corpse
Old 10-05-2010 , 07:19   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebson506th View Post
As I said, I'm not actively developing plugins anymore.

Especially ones that work perfectly for most people, including myself.
I think I found one of the problems. My Test Server defaults to de_dust after restart. We only use it for testing and special events, so we don't care too much about the rotation. Anyway, this plugin doesn't work correctly on Dust. If you spray a spray anywhere on the map, and then REMOVE IT, the plugin will simply respray it near CT spawn on the way to bombsite B. All other maps the remove function seems to actually remove it.

Also, the adminspray function doesn't work correctly on some maps. It won't spray the spray, and in some cases seems to crash the server. It is unfortunate. This was a built-in function with Beetlesmod, and was both easy to use and foolproof. With SM it seems to be ridiculously hard to just figure out who is using a bad spray.

Using the latest snapshot of SM. Sourcbans, a few custom player skins for admins, and a map rotation plugin are also added.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-05-2010 , 11:33   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #754

Corpse, sm_removespray teleports the spray to 0 0 0. However, a few maps actually have this visible in your map, so if you wish to hide it completely, edit it to "0 0 -9000" or something of the nature.

And I'll repeat, sm_adminspray works fine, you simply can't spray on all the surfaces that you can as a normal spray. I went through and tore the code apart trying to resolve this issue and tried a few other methods, but none of them work as well as the current one, so you just have to deal with it.
Old 10-05-2010 , 16:56   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Corpse, sm_removespray teleports the spray to 0 0 0. However, a few maps actually have this visible in your map, so if you wish to hide it completely, edit it to "0 0 -9000" or something of the nature.

And I'll repeat, sm_adminspray works fine, you simply can't spray on all the surfaces that you can as a normal spray. I went through and tore the code apart trying to resolve this issue and tried a few other methods, but none of them work as well as the current one, so you just have to deal with it.
Thanks for the info. I DO believe you that adminspray is supposed to work, it just doesn't seem to work for me . But no worries. I can play with it some. For the moment I disabled the adminspray function and removed it from the admin menu without a problem, and the removespray and spraytrace commands work flawlessly. So no worries there.

The info about removespray teleporting the spray to 000 is very useful. I appreciate that a lot. I will take a look at that.

I didn't mean to come off as ungrateful. The work of Lebson and others here is fantastic. I just was surprised that something this critical to CSS gaming - like the ability to track the sprays of the players in the server - would be missing from SM to begin with. Beetles and Mani have both had it for years. That is not a reflection on THIS mod, or on any of the other plugin-coders here. It is simply a reflection on SM itself.

Thanks again for the assistance
Scooter789
Old 10-21-2010 , 00:58   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #756

I seem to be having an issue with Left 4 Dead 2. I've tweaked a few cvars from the default, but they stay as the default in the server.

My server.cfg:
Code:
// ****** Basic configs
sm_spray_dista 50 //(default: 50.0) - maximum distance the plugin will trace the spray
sm_spray_refresh 1 //(default: 1.0) - How often sprays will be traced to show on HUD - 0.0 to disable feature
sm_spray_global 1 //(default: 1) - Enables or disables global spray tracking. If this is on, sprays can still be tracked when a player leaves the server.
sm_spray_usehud 0 //(default: 1) - Enables or disables using the HUD for spray tracking. Works on supported games. If this is off, hint will be used.
sm_spray_hudtime 0.5 //(default: 1.0) - How long the HUD messages are displayed.
sm_spray_adminonly 0 // (default: 0) - Changes showing the trace messages on HUD. 0 - Only admin can trace sprays 1 - All players can trace all sprays 2 - All players can trace all non-admin sprays.
sm_spray_fullhud 0 //(default: 0) - Toggles showing sprayer's name and Steam ID(1) or just sprayer's name(0) on the HUD to non-admins
sm_spray_fullhudadmin 0 //(default: 1) - Toggles showing sprayer's name and Steam ID(1) or just sprayer's name(0) on the HUD to admins

// ****** Punishments allowed
sm_spray_bantime 60 //(default: 60) - How long the temporary ban is for - 0 to disable temporary banning
sm_spray_burntime 0 //(default: 10) - How long the burn punishment is for. 0 to disable.
sm_spray_slapdamage 0 //(default: 5) - How much damage the slap punishment is for. 0 to disable.
sm_spray_drugtime 10 //(default: 0) - set the time a sprayer is drugged as a punishment. 0 to disable.
sm_spray_enableslay 0 //(default: 0) - Enables (1) or disables (0) the use of Slay as a punishment.
sm_spray_enablepban 1 //(default: 1) - Enables (1) or disables (0) the use of a Permanent Ban as a punishment.
sm_spray_enablekick 1 //(default: 1) - Enables (1) or disables (0) the use of Kick as a punishment.
sm_spray_enablebeacon 0 //(default: 0) - Enables putting a beacon on the sprayer as a punishment.
sm_spray_enablefreeze 0 //(default: 0) - Enables the use of Freeze as a punishment.
sm_spray_enablefreezebomb 0 //(default: 0) - Enables the use of Freeze Bomb as a punishment.
sm_spray_enablefirebomb 0 // (default: 0) - Enables the use of Fire Bomb as a punishment.
sm_spray_enabletimebomb 0 //(default: 0) - Enables the use of Time Bomb as a punishment.
sm_spray_restrict 0 //(default: 0) - Enables (1) or disables (0) restricting admins with the "ban" flag's punishments. (1 = warn only, 0 = all)
sm_spray_autoremove 1 //(default: 0) - Enables automatically removing sprays when a punishment is dealt.
sm_spray_useimmunity 1 //(default: 1) - Enables or disables using admin immunity to determine if one admin can punish another.
And my output from the running server:
Code:
"sm_spray_adminonly" = "0"
 - Changes showing the trace messages on HUD. 0 - Only admin can trace sprays 1 - All players can trace all sprays 2 - All players can trace all non-admin sprays.
"sm_spray_autoremove" = "0"
 - Enables automatically removing sprays when a punishment is dealt.
"sm_spray_bantime" = "60"
 - How long the temporary ban is for. 0 to disable temporary banning.
"sm_spray_burntime" = "10"
 - How long the burn punishment is for.
"sm_spray_dista" = "50.0"
 - How far away the spray will be traced to.
"sm_spray_drugtime" = "0"
 - set the time a sprayer is drugged as a punishment. 0 to disable.
"sm_spray_enablebeacon" = "0"
 - Enables putting a beacon on the sprayer as a punishment.
"sm_spray_enableburn" = "0"
 - Enables the use of Burn as a punishment.
"sm_spray_enablefirebomb" = "0"
 - Enables the use of Fire Bomb as a punishment.
"sm_spray_enablefreeze" = "0"
 - Enables the use of Freeze as a punishment.
"sm_spray_enablefreezebomb" = "0"
 - Enables the use of Freeze Bomb as a punishment.
"sm_spray_enablekick" = "1"
 - Enables the use of Kick as a punishment.
"sm_spray_enablepban" = "1"
 - Enables the use of a Permanent Ban as a punishment.
"sm_spray_enableslay" = "0"
 - Enables the use of Slay as a punishment.
"sm_spray_enabletimebomb" = "0"
 - Enables the use of Time Bomb as a punishment.
"sm_spray_fullhud" = "0"
 - Toggles showing sprayer's name and Steam ID(1) or just sprayer's name(0) on the HUD to non-admins.
"sm_spray_fullhudadmin" = "0"
 - Toggles showing sprayer's name and Steam ID(1) or just sprayer's name(0) on the HUD to admins.
"sm_spray_global" = "1"
 - Enables or disables global spray tracking. If this is on, sprays can still be tracked when a player leaves the server.
"sm_spray_hudtime" = "1.0"
 - How long the HUD messages are displayed.
"sm_spray_refresh" = "1.0"
 - How often the program will trace to see player's spray to the HUD. 0 to disable.
"sm_spray_restrict" = "0"
 - Enables or disables restricting admins with the "ban" flag's punishments. (1 = warn only, 0 = all)
"sm_spray_slapdamage" = "5"
 - How much damage the slap punishment is for. 0 to disable.
"sm_spray_usehud" = "1"
 - Enables or disables using the HUD for spray tracking. Works on supported games. If this is off, hint will be used.
"sm_spray_useimmunity" = "1"
 - Enables or disables using admin immunity to determine if one admin can punish another.
Notice that, namely, _usehud, _slapdamage, _drugtime, _burntime, and _hudtime are defaults and not as I configured them. However, _fullhudadmin is 0, how I wanted it.

Anyone else having problems with that? Suggestions?
Lebson506th
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2010 , 08:11   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #757

That's because the plugin makes it's own config that overwrites your server.cfg

It's in the cfg/SourceMod folder.
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
Scooter789
Old 10-22-2010 , 01:48   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #758

Oh snap, thank you.
Eccentric Warmonger
Old 11-16-2010 , 17:42   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
download the sp.. find those lines, change ADMFLAG_BAN to ADMFLAG_KICK then compile it.
Ok, when you say compile, does that mean just make the changes and save the .sp file? Do I upload the .sp file into my scripts folder?
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2010 , 23:36   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #760

no it means run it through the compiler in the scripting folder to get an smx. your server probably doesnt allow the exe files in scripting so do it locally on your puter.