Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3

Post New Thread Reply   

FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2012 , 20:42   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.2
Reply With Quote #11

The custom players models may not be set up properly, producing the viewmodel glitch that's associated with SetCustomModel. Potentially, a longer delay before setting the model on spawn may work.
Ideally this would simply use custom .mdl files which pull from the stock .mdl files, so that you don't need 6 * 9 extra files, but only 6 extra files.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-15-2012 at 20:43.
NightmareSGX
Old 09-16-2012 , 06:56   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3
Reply With Quote #12

Good job!

I love this plugin, but i have a small problem apart from the fire rate. I am running a fun MvM server and everyone on the red team looks golden until they die as far as i know. Once they die, they start looking like this:

What could possibly be causing this problem ? I will test further to see what causes this specifically.

The only way to make this problem go away is to restart the game, but that is just annoying. I am running the 1.3 version with the 8 models and have a override set so its not completely public for now, was just testing it out with some friends.

Any thoughts? Thanks for the plugin by the way!

*EDIT*
Ok found out the real reason for the bug, its not dying. If i'm gold and make a robot on the blue team silver i get that ice look like on the screenshot also it happens randomly when a random amount of time passes and i am not the only one with this bug, some people see it, some people don't. Also it doesn't happen every single time. Some people also turn purple after a while, someone changed his load out and turned purple but only he could see the gold guys in purple color, most of us did not see this. He looked like this:

Maybe these are MvM only bugs, i dont know, i am only testing in MvM mode.

*EDIT 2*
As a last test i idled in spawn for 5 minutes and this happened:

I have no idea what to do to fix it, at first i thought it might be the GFX drivers because i was the only one who saw myself white, but that was not the case, there were some people that saw me white but not everyone. There is also some guy who has been golden for the passed 60 minutes and has not encountered a single problem whatsoever but he has HDR off. Some help would be appreciated. ^^

Last edited by NightmareSGX; 09-16-2012 at 21:12.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 09-16-2012 , 12:47   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3
Reply With Quote #13

Thanks for the update. But the spy still is unable to become the saxxy and the fire-rate exploit is still there.
Also can you please add some form of client notification to let them know that they have enabled/disabled the saxxy on themselves?

Last edited by Sreaper; 09-16-2012 at 12:48.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2012 , 00:35   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3
Reply With Quote #14

The 'new' models are the same filepaths as the old models (I think), so they may not be getting updated for clients.

Ideally you would use Mecha's MDL Hexer to change the material, then save it to, say, models/player/saxxy/v2/class.mdl (WITHOUT hex editing the line at the top from models/player/class.mdl to the new path).

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-18-2012 at 00:36.
MasterXykon
BANNED
Old 09-19-2012 , 03:30   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
The 'new' models are the same filepaths as the old models (I think), so they may not be getting updated for clients.

Ideally you would use Mecha's MDL Hexer to change the material, then save it to, say, models/player/saxxy/v2/class.mdl (WITHOUT hex editing the line at the top from models/player/class.mdl to the new path).
I did it this way, so it just downloads the mdl files, instead of 48 files. The plugin just looks at the mdl files. The mdl files paths are set to the default character models, so these mdl files look for all of those other files, without downloading them.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2012 , 05:41   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3
Reply With Quote #16

But the old mdl files you had to download were pointing to the custom path. So clients that have old versions of the files will continue to keep those old versions. You should have renamed the new files to something else (still pointing to the default models).

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-21-2012 at 05:42.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 10-02-2012 , 22:03   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3
Reply With Quote #17

So, any chance you could update the plugin to stop the rapid fire exploit caused by this plugin?

Last edited by Sreaper; 10-02-2012 at 22:04.
munkle
Old 10-15-2012 , 11:36   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispenz0r View Post
Makes me invisible
Cool idea! We are getting the same issue however; removed Tf2items_manager thinking that may be the possible cause but still seeing invisible glitch; this is when being selected as pyro. !robot still works, not sure if that is important. Also, I compiled this on our server (linux), models are downloading.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2012 , 05:54   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3
Reply With Quote #19

Valve broke the way the models load on the client's end. Nothing we can do. I've heard they MAY revert the change.

Psyduck likes replays.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 01-02-2013 , 13:19   Re: [TF2] Saxxy Players 1.3
Reply With Quote #20

Download link is broken.

PHP Code:
public Action:OnPlayerRunCmd(client, &buttons, &impulseFloat:vel[3], Float:angles[3], &weapon)
{
    return 
Plugin_Continue;

Pointless. Additionally, it appears that isAboutToExplode and MdlScale are both useless (left over from Be the Robot?)