8% 

[L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0.4a

Post New Thread Reply   

Fleepster99
Old 08-28-2010 , 15:12   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsi View Post
yeah nice pluggin when i hit restart chapter or campaign, my server crash!!! why?
Are you being shot from a person with the same colour as your, or are you shooting yourself, for example if you shoot a canister it wont burn you because it counts as friendly fire.
corsi
Old 08-28-2010 , 15:30   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #12

i didnt get any damage from the other team! that was strange; btw why cant i take weapons found on the map?
Fleepster99
Old 08-28-2010 , 15:55   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
i didnt get any damage from the other team! that was strange; btw why cant i take weapons found on the map?
Ive considered this quite a bit and if you have different classes then obviously each one is gonna get its own weapons, ive disabled pickup so that people don't pickup throwables and aren't constantly picking up other items which forces them to use what they have chosen.
Now about this no damage, can you damage other people? i will look into that now in the meantime if you could tell me anything else, or post any error logs if you have any i would appreciate it.
*Edit*
also just like to add on that all firing is disabled untill teams are teleported and unfrozen on round_start, so make sure your ammo is decreasing when you shoot.

Last edited by Fleepster99; 08-28-2010 at 15:57.
terminator2k2
Old 08-28-2010 , 16:06   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #14

anyone running this on there server?

i would really like to have a game on a server with this mod........
corsi
Old 08-28-2010 , 16:31   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #15

most of the times i cant do any damage to the enemy player and sometimes but rarely i can do damage but the damage is too low to kill that player; it would be awesome if i could kill a player for example with 2 or 3 shots by shot gun or 1 head shot with sniper weapon!!! i hope u can understand what im trying to say!!! its taking too long to kill a player and 1 more thing increase the fight area; make it so that the fight to take place throughout the map!!! and we need a cfg file to change the damage and many more!!! a pluggin such as this one needs more attention.
Searcher64
Old 08-28-2010 , 16:36   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #16

haha oh man, thank you so much fleepster =D You just made my day I also have a ton of ideas too if you don't mind you don't have to make them, just ideas, thanks again fleepster!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ideas.txt (1.7 KB, 138 views)
Fleepster99
Old 08-28-2010 , 16:40   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
most of the times i cant do any damage to the enemy player and sometimes but rarely i can do damage but the damage is too low to kill that player; it would be awesome if i could kill a player for example with 2 or 3 shots by shot gun or 1 head shot with sniper weapon!!! i hope u can understand what im trying to say!!! its taking too long to kill a player and 1 more thing increase the fight area; make it so that the fight to take place throughout the map!!! and we need a cfg file to change the damage and many more!!! a pluggin such as this one needs more attention.
haha as i mentioned ive only been at this for 2 weeks, i can guarantee you it will get almost as much attention as megan fox.
I will add the cvar to increase the damage as requested, and i have to disagree with the map idea because adding the all map even for 10+ players would be pretty hard for players to get into gun fights, and people would spend all their time running around.As you can see the headshot damage increase is also on my improvements list and i will get on it soon.

Last edited by Fleepster99; 08-28-2010 at 16:43.
Fleepster99
Old 08-28-2010 , 16:41   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
haha oh man, thank you so much fleepster =D You just made my day I also have a ton of ideas too if you don't mind you don't have to make them, just ideas, thanks again fleepster!
Ok will get on it soon
Fleepster99
Old 08-29-2010 , 15:07   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
1. Slay the losing team
1a. cvar to control to slay or not
1b. A picture to show above losing team's head (if slay losing team cvar is off)

2. Cvar for turning friendly fire on/off

3. Instead of saying ENEMY, it will say the player's name

4. Cvar for how long trophy on winning team is shown

5. Control Teams cvars (spectators, female, red, male, blue, etc.)

6. Instead of showing sniped, gunned, etc, it will show the gun name that killed them

7. Cvar for restricting weapons (dm_restrict rifle,sniper_military,pistol,magnum)

8. Enable Ready Up plugin (for organized team play/tournaments, not random people join) (freezes people on join until the max players has been reached)

9. New command !specme, will change player's team to spectators
9a. When typing !specme, you can only spectate your own team, cvar for this to control to see other team or not

10. Male/Blue team and Female/Red team

11. Player that joings game, a menu will pops up with a 2 second delay for which team you want to be on.
11a. 3 teams (blue/male, red/female, spectators)
11b. If clicked on any other key other than 1, 2, or 3, it will immediately show back up again
11c. Gray out a team that is over the limit of the other team except the spectators(for balancing purpose)
11d. If clicked on a grayed-out team, then it will immediately show back up again unless clicked on spectators

12. New command !changeteam and menu will pop up (like the one in #12)

14. New command !models to change your model. Will only show female models for female team, and male models for male team
14a. Include L4D1 Models

16. Custom models(?)

Ok searcher just to break down your ideas, heres what i probably will and wont do.

1.Fairly good idea but instead what ive done is the losing team at the end remains with normal health and the winning team gets 50000 (similar to tf2), so the winning team will kill the losing one.

2.untill i find a better way to tell a player to which team their on, i will leave ff on, i will most probably add the cvar later on thow.

3. it now says Name:johny status: ENEMY, i need to keep enemy there cuz people arent going to guess it.

4.i may add this but not a priority :/

5.I dont plan on doing the female and male as i don't see the point and i don't want to mess with the models(should also answer 10).

6.I have made it now so it says for example.

noodle-d HK41 sniper searcher
and ive done this for all weapons(lots of trouble )

7.may do this later on, not really a priority as ive prechached all the guns so this shouldn't be an issue.

8.i may add a cvar for changing the initial time.

9.because the teams aren't actual teams im not sure how to go on about choosing who spectates who but i will look into it.

11.was already on there.

11.a i dont think i will do this, i will probably add a all deathmatch mode thow.

11b. if the player takes over 15 seconds to choose a team and a class he gets randomly put into a team and gets a random class.

11c what ive done for this is i added an autobalancing system where if 1 team has 2 more players than the over then a random player gets moved across, this is checked every 50 seconds or so.

11.d not sure this is possible

12.not a bad idea but a player can change teams at the beginning of every round.

14.now i guess this can be done with CSM but i will not mess around with this untill The Sacrifice is out, the aim will then be to have one team l4d1 survivors maybe against l4d2 or mixed.

14.a. answered above

16.getting people to download files can be pretty annoying and i think im staying away from this one .

The new version with a few changes ive mentioned here will be released once me and some friends test it.

Searcher64
Old 08-29-2010 , 19:43   Re: [L4D2] Survivors Deathmatch 1.0
Reply With Quote #20

Yay! The reason I suggested male/female team is because that when I saw the video and all these multiple-modeled survivors are fighting each other, it's not really organized except by color, but ok