Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Xyro V2]

Post New Thread Reply   

Rise
Old 11-18-2020 , 20:46   Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Xyro V2]
Reply With Quote #1

NOTE: This thread will be updated as I release more bosses. As you read this thread none of them are available for download due to bugs or errors in their code that I need to fix. But they will be uploaded soon! Stay tuned!.
And a big shoutout to all the people who made the models, materials, plugins and have helped me with the configs used for these bosses. Thank you.

Finished Hales
These are bosses that have been finished and can be used in any public servers that run Freak Fortress 2.
Spoiler

W.I.P Hales
These are bosses that are unfinished and are meant to be used for testing. Do not use them in public servers as they aren't even close to the final product and will very likely break things.
Spoiler

Last edited by Rise; 01-17-2021 at 23:27. Reason: Restore to previous version.
Rise
Old 11-18-2020 , 22:32   Re: Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses
Reply With Quote #2

A download link to Facepie has been added. However it is NOT meant for use in public servers as the hale is still unfinished and needs its config file to be fixed. If anyone here is more familiar with the way the weapon rage works I'd appreciate a little help. His rage is supposed to be 5 cleavers you can throw at people but with the projectile being replaced by scout's mad milk.

I think I can fix the wrench thing myself.

Last edited by Rise; 11-18-2020 at 22:32.
Rise
Old 11-21-2020 , 11:38   Re: Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Peacock V2]
Reply With Quote #3

The new version of Peacock is finished and has been added to the list of public hales. I also decided to not include the required plugins in my downloads out of respect for the creators.

Last edited by Rise; 11-21-2020 at 11:38.
Rise
Old 11-22-2020 , 13:29   Re: Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Facepie]
Reply With Quote #4

Facepie is finished. Big thanks to Epicman again for helping me out with the config.

CJ is also pretty much finished already I just need help with his model.

Last edited by Rise; 11-22-2020 at 13:39.
Transit Of Venus
Old 11-30-2020 , 22:37   Re: Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Facepie]
Reply With Quote #5

I cleaned up and fixed some problems with Peacock
Attached Files
File Type: cfg peacock.cfg (5.2 KB, 209 views)

Click on the banner to explore my servers and more
Send a message via ICQ to Transit Of Venus Send a message via Skype™ to Transit Of Venus
Rise
Old 12-08-2020 , 17:12   Re: Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Facepie]
Reply With Quote #6

Peacock has received yet another update. This version fixes many of the issues with the previous version and also adds a third BGM which would be the Skullgirls main theme. Special thanks to Transit of Venus for the fixed cfg.
Rise
Old 01-10-2021 , 20:06   Re: Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Madcap Scout]
Reply With Quote #7

I've added madcap scout. I'm pretty sure his sounds are broken and I have no idea how to fix it. Everything else works fine though.
Rise
Old 01-12-2021 , 22:42   Re: Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Beatrice]
Reply With Quote #8

The "mega update" is finally here. This means there's been big changes affecting some the bosses.
Here's the changelog:
  • Peacock has been buffed. She no longer has the default Demoman speed and now has 350 speed instead. I've also implemented Transit's CFG which for some reason I had forgotten to use in the previous version. I'm aware that she has a visible demoman bottle which should not be there, that will be fixed soon.
  • Fixed the issue with Madcap Scout's sounds not being precached. Now all of his sounds including his background music work.
  • Beatrice from Umineko: When they Cry has been finished and added as a downloadable boss. Many thanks to JuegosPablo for rigging the model to Spy's skeleton.
To-Do List:
  • Fix Peacock's cfg having a broken "}"
  • Make FacePie's jump a bit slower.
  • Reupload original version of Xyro with fixed config.
  • Remake TCR Ghost and Demoking.

Last edited by Rise; 01-15-2021 at 17:23.
Rise
Old 01-13-2021 , 13:48   Re: Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Xyro V2]
Reply With Quote #9

Good news. Xyro is back.
The changes aren't huge but here's the changelog regardless:
  • New theme, courtesy of FamilyJules7x. Don't worry, it doesn't replace the original.
  • Changed his Flare Gun ammo to 4 instead of 6.
  • Fixed his health formula. He will no longer have 10000HP on a server with just two players.
To-Do List:
  • Fix Peacock's cfg having a broken "}"
  • Fix Beato having a visible knife, add the other two new BGM's.
  • Remake ghost and demoking (low priority)

Last edited by Rise; 01-15-2021 at 17:24.
Rise
Old 01-17-2021 , 23:32   Re: Rise's Custom Freak Fortress 2 Bosses [New Boss: Xyro V2]
Reply With Quote #10

01/17/21
Changelog:
  • Added new thumbnails made in Gmod. Just to make the thread more attractive, nothing special.
  • Fixed FacePie's infinite "fly-jump". You will no longer see him flying around the map.
  • Added two themes from the visual novel to Beatrice. I've been meaning to add these for a long time but hadn't until now because I didn't know which themes would be the most fitting for her.
To-Do:
  • Everything I haven't done from the last changelog.
  • Fix Xyro's jump because he has the same issue as the old version of Facepie.