Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] All MAP Features! :)

Post New Thread Reply   

ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-09-2007 , 13:03   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #11

You're right and wrong. While an update could break a plugin, that's very unlikely. It's much more likely that an update will break SourceMod, so when the sourcemod team releases a fix it should fix all of the plugins as well.

Also keep in mind that pimpinjuice isn't making a single super big "MANI PLUGIN", he's porting all the features one by one into individual plugins then putting them in a zip.

I don't like that approach, especially when a lot of the work is already done. Maybe instead a wiki page should be made that links to the plugins that port mani plugins. So a mani user can go to that wiki, and say, "I want mani's bet module", and there's a link to the SM equivolent.

Edit: Concerning plugins breaking. This is also dependant on how many special SDKTools calls the plugin might use. Anything standard like IgnitePLayer and such though would be fixed by the SM Team.

Last edited by ferret; 08-09-2007 at 13:17.
pRED*
Old 08-09-2007 , 19:21   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #12

Is pimpin planning on using the current released plugins as part of his package? Because a large number of mani's features are either released or being made by other people already. Seems a waste/ stealing others peoples work if he's going to make his own versions of the same thing
bolinux
Old 08-11-2007 , 09:39   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pRED* | NZ View Post
Seems a waste/ stealing others peoples work if he's going to make his own versions of the same thing
i dont think so, he is doing exactly wat we user/admins needed - he put / care all the plugins we need in one package maybe that grant a little the compatibility betwen the plugins

imo SM is very hard to administrate for us users...
dr1ft3r
Old 08-11-2007 , 13:15   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #14

I dont think its very hard at all, the support pages no doubt will have an update before the first offical release, and I like the idea of having plugins that I can add as soon as they are available.

Unless he is planning on making his "all in one solution" work with plugins, he is at a disadvantage, that was the one thing with mani, you had to wait for the whole thing to be updated before you could update/add anything. You don't with sourcemod
bolinux
Old 08-12-2007 , 09:42   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1ft3r View Post
You don't with sourcemod
you bloody wrong i am very well with sourcemod, i love the idea behind and bail and all the plugin authors doing a great job
but atm SM is very very user unfriendly

e.g. i try now 3 hours to get sm_super, super commands and say sounds to get work pretty, and thats only 3 plugins!
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-12-2007 , 12:35   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #16

Well it's obviously something you're doing wrong, not the mod itself.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2007 , 12:54   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #17

I really don't think SM is "user unfriendly" and in any case it is still in Beta so lots of the core functions are being updated. I can see how a novice would find it a little daunting to keep on top of things as they stand but once SM is at 1.0+ then it's going to be far easier to manage than any other system.

The best thing over MAP is that we'll only have to configure that which we use.
With MAP, since it was a bloated all-in-one system, you had to go through reams of configuring to disable what you didn't want and enable what you did want.

RIP MAP - Long live SM
Old 08-12-2007 , 15:46   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinux View Post
you bloody wrong
No I'm not, if I want to add a new betting system, i delete one file, add another, change some cvars, and I'm sorted.

I don't have to wait for a whole new version of sourcemod. Thats what I meant
bolinux
Old 08-13-2007 , 06:28   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #19

okay you right when you mean you have the freedom of choise

but its more comfortable if its in one package, unpack it and setup your config - done.
Peoples Army
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-13-2007 , 07:33   Re: [REQ] All MAP Features! :)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post

RIP MAP - Long live SM
its hard for newer people to come sm , even harder for the programmers here . were all pioneers . with no examples or set ways or even a full function lsit . plugins that were once amxmodx , are now breaking ground in sourcemod . but thats what beta is about .