Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)

Post New Thread Reply   

wutsup
Old 04-12-2010 , 21:59   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wton View Post
Is it a local server? [--] and Microsoft means the players location is unknown (note: I put microsoft as a joke for a friend and forgot to change it back to "UnKnown Location" )
The Only time I get this is when I use a Local Server because then the IP's are different and thus GeoIP can't find your location.
Yes, it's a local server.
n3wton
Old 04-13-2010 , 04:13   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #22

I'm affraid theres nothing I can do about that then as the getIP command I use is the standered one from sourcemod, and basically if you use a local server the IP address returned is always 127.0.0.1 no matter where your from.

Yours
N3wton
95trane
Old 04-13-2010 , 19:37   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #23

Y doesnt this plugin work for me? The plugin doesnt work for me at all. Is there any way I can get it to work(btw im using garena)? Not even 1 feature of this plugin works. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
wutsup
Old 04-14-2010 , 22:08   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #24

By any chance can you remove the Microsoft print when you type !pactlist?
wutsup
Old 04-14-2010 , 22:09   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95trane View Post
Y doesnt this plugin work for me? The plugin doesnt work for me at all. Is there any way I can get it to work(btw im using garena)? Not even 1 feature of this plugin works. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
Where exactly did you put your plugin? I use garena and when I tested this plugin, it works.
95trane
Old 04-14-2010 , 23:43   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #26

I placed it in the plugins folder (left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/plugin). What I ment to say was that when others join my servers, it doesnt show what country they're from; that and the name changing thing doesnt work either. The only thing that works is the chat cmd (!pactlist), but even though the list shows up, it only says {NAME} from Microsoft.So basically its like this....
Players joining: {NAME} has joined (2 times, when they connect and when they join)
Names(in both display and on the score chart): {NAME}
!pactlist: {NAME} from Microsoft
n3wton
Old 04-15-2010 , 04:56   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #27

right, there'll be a new version out later today (which doesn't have microsoft in as I say that was left in by accident). and basically if it isn't showing a country it implys your using a local server? and they won't work as the IP address returned will be 127.0.0.1 and theres no way to get a country form that.

In the new version there is also the option to show what city a client is from aswell, but im still doing final testing on that, but should be done by some point today.

EDIT:
New version in first post

Yours
N3wton

Last edited by n3wton; 04-15-2010 at 05:44.
wutsup
Old 04-15-2010 , 09:05   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #28

Could you at least, put a cfg file that people from other countries could edit like the host can edit the cfg that has
192.168.29.xx - {COUNTRY}
BTW, nice plugin.
n3wton
Old 04-16-2010 , 11:32   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #29

@wutsup
I don't really get what you mean?

and thanks
Yours
N3wton

Last edited by n3wton; 04-19-2010 at 13:00.
95trane
Old 04-20-2010 , 19:42   Re: [L4D2] Add Player Country to Name (Connections messages and admin indication)
Reply With Quote #30

By any chance, do any of u know how to create a dedicated server thats available to the public (kinda like Blu3star's or All Your Hope is Belonging To Us, etc.(thru garena))? I know how to make a dedicated server but u need my IP in order to join; i want it to be public. Preferably give me a link to the instructions or better yet, a video on it. I would like to apologize to n3wton for posting this up on his thread and I would also like to thank in advanced to anyone who can help me.