Reply With Quote #1

So, I run:

Code:
SMAC
smac_aimbot
smac_eyetest
smac_kac_banlist
smac_client
The server starts up fine, but then after it gets more than like 15 people, we get this awful awful lag. I disabled it and it went away, but I disabled the whole thing, not just one module.

We WERE running a 100-tick with the enabler mod, but for now with all the lag problems (I don't know how much of this is the TF2 patching and how much is my server's mods), I put it back to 66-tick.

We run a very busy, 32/32 DODS server (my sig is outdated now that we've moved hosts). Do any of these modules have reported problems with causing people to lag or rubber band around corners/through doors? I thought only the wallhack module was a reported noticeable strain? I want to run SMAC but the way stuff has been running the past few days, I'm almost tempted to go back to KAC which had no issues.

Someone please tell me I'm incompetent and its one of our other mods (just updated to SM 1.4.1 a few minutes ago admittedly...updater.smx didn't do it for some reasons, so I did it manually) that's causing the horrendous lag/timeouts.

GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2011 , 09:38   Re: Lag/Rubber-banding
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
I thought only the wallhack module was a reported noticeable strain?
That is correct. I don't see how the modules you listed alone could cause lag with 15 players. It would help if you could narrow down your problem to one plugin or module.

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 12-17-2011 at 09:40.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2012 , 19:32   Re: Lag/Rubber-banding
Reply With Quote #3

I just installed this mod with all of the plugins for TF2 and I am getting lag and high pings. Im not sure which one could be causing it though. Im removing the anti wallhack because I think thats it...

Last edited by DontWannaName; 01-11-2012 at 19:45.
Larsen
Old 01-12-2012 , 05:52   Re: Lag/Rubber-banding
Reply With Quote #4

I do appreciate your help Tony, and all that you do for and with this mod. I apologize if my above post(s) came off as dickish or unappreciative (reading it back I don't agree with my wording or rhetoric at all). My server does in fact have other problems, or rather it did, contributing to the rubber banding, I just think those and the combination with this SMAC module created a perfect or sh*t storm.

I am running SMAC again on my test server with one less module (can't check until tomorrow) and no lag reported yet, in fact at 5:51AM it's got four people on there so it must be playable.

I'll report back what is working with DODS when I wake up and check the files.

*Edit: by the way, I'm completely ignorant to this whole "bug tracking" thing I haven't heard about until this forum. Apparently some people's projects have a streamlined way to track or report bugs other than just PMing that person through the forum??? If there is a way I'd be more than happy to help, I got a test server IP for a reason, let's throw whatever you got on there

Last edited by Larsen; 01-12-2012 at 05:55.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2012 , 09:52   Re: Lag/Rubber-banding
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
I do appreciate your help Tony, and all that you do for and with this mod. I apologize if my above post(s) came off as dickish or unappreciative (reading it back I don't agree with my wording or rhetoric at all). My server does in fact have other problems, or rather it did, contributing to the rubber banding, I just think those and the combination with this SMAC module created a perfect or sh*t storm.
Oh I wasn't offended at all, and thanks!

Quote:
by the way, I'm completely ignorant to this whole "bug tracking" thing I haven't heard about until this forum. Apparently some people's projects have a streamlined way to track or report bugs other than just PMing that person through the forum??? If there is a way I'd be more than happy to help, I got a test server IP for a reason, let's throw whatever you got on there
Some projects host a separate "bug tracker" which is a way to keep reported issues organized. I'm just using this subforum for the same purpose. Anyone is free to make a new topic if they have a question/bug that hasn't been brought up before.
Old 01-12-2012 , 16:54   Re: Lag/Rubber-banding
Reply With Quote #6

Gotcha'.

So I'm running:

Quote:
SMAC
eyetest
kac_banlist
rcon
But I don't think I even need the rcon since I got it defined in my command line (took it out of the cfg files). They load up fine, I can read 'em in the console when it initiates, and thus far smooth gameplay with under 10 people.

MrBen
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-13-2012 , 04:29   Re: Lag/Rubber-banding
Reply With Quote #7

For what it is worth I am running all modules of the latest version of SMAC with the exception of the wallhack plugin, on several servers - same dedi, and I experience no lag or rubber banding at all on any of them, even when they are all full at the same time (140+ players).

My regulars, bless 'em, can be a fussy bunch and wont accept anything less than silky smooth gameplay and I haven't heard a peep out of them for months on any performance issues.

My guess is that it was the 100-tick enabler, but I don't want to open that can of worms in this forum. I'll just say 66-tick is all you need on any decently specced server IMO.

Despite God-Tony's hard work, the wallhack plugin does still negatively effect performance in TF2, which is why we don't load it, but that is the only one in the package that will effect performance, from my experience anyways.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Cheers
MrBen
Larsen
Old 01-13-2012 , 07:41   Re: Lag/Rubber-banding
Reply With Quote #8

Good to know MrBen, but until I hear the same for a DODS server, I won't rule it out entirely, and yes, that is why we have the 100-TICK disabled on our main servers. People complained about choke until high hell and then I removed it. Even though the choke doesn't hurt them at all, we had seamless 0 loss.