Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?

Post New Thread Reply   

qUaK3R
Old 06-13-2014 , 20:20   Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #1

I tried looking for topics about this, but didn't find any. I'm an admin in a cs:go server, and we can't find any way to ban him, even through HLSW, or adding his steamid on the ban list file.
ecca
Sexy Santa
Old 06-14-2014 , 06:55   Re: Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #2

A simple search for "name" gave me this , i don't have any problems with banning namechangers ?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1504588

Last edited by ecca; 06-14-2014 at 07:00.
qUaK3R
Old 06-14-2014 , 07:13   Re: Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #3

lol, I never looked up "name", only "nick" and such. Thanks for your reply, I'm going to have a look at it.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-14-2014 , 17:03   Re: Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #4

There are a number of name change plugins to control abuse.
Old 06-14-2014 , 17:30   Re: Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #5

The thing is.. It's abuse because of a cheat, and no, the plugin you gave me doesn't work. This is a cheat that makes them change name at a crazy speed. And it also has aimbot and speedhack

I think we managed to ban it through HLSW with the server down. At least that's what we hope for.
ecca
Sexy Santa
Old 06-14-2014 , 18:29   Re: Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #6

Yea and these plugins hook name changes and ban player when he changes name to fast.
Old 06-14-2014 , 19:41   Re: Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #7

I still use Powerlord's plugin on my CS:S server.
Works very well.

qUaK3R
Old 06-14-2014 , 20:30   Re: Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecca View Post
Yea and these plugins hook name changes and ban player when he changes name to fast.
in this case it doesn't work.
xf117
Old 06-16-2014 , 11:34   Re: Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #9

I use a simple name change timer. If name changes faster than once in n seconds - permoban.
And even manually it's not hard to find him. 'Status' couple of times and find doubles or changes.
Send a message via ICQ to xf117
qUaK3R
Old 06-16-2014 , 15:34   Re: Has anything been made against "badboy"/ fast nick change cheat for cs:go yet?
Reply With Quote #10

we did a fresh server install, and Powerlord's plugin seems to be working, at least no cheaters in a while. Thanks for your help guys.