Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)

Post New Thread Reply   

BaconCat
Old 09-19-2011 , 14:14   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #111

Love this plugin.

Just a question, is it at all possible to check what age the steamID account is? Like, it would block 15 year olds from joining the server? I know it's easily "faked" but 15 year olds are dumb.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-19-2011 , 14:31   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconCat View Post
Love this plugin.

Just a question, is it at all possible to check what age the steamID account is? Like, it would block 15 year olds from joining the server? I know it's easily "faked" but 15 year olds are dumb.
I don't recall Steam asking for an age when you sign up, and even if it did, that wouldn't be public information.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-15-2011 , 23:16   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #113

This plugin was the one causing my server to crash everytime someone tried to join after this last recent large update....I'm wondering if Valve didn't like it and did something against it?

as of now I have it disabled till we figure out if a update is coming to it or whatever.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-16-2011 , 00:35   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
This plugin was the one causing my server to crash everytime someone tried to join after this last recent large update....I'm wondering if Valve didn't like it and did something against it?
No it wasn't, you might want to go back to the drawing board with your troubleshooting skills.
Old 10-16-2011 , 10:05   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
No it wasn't, you might want to go back to the drawing board with your troubleshooting skills.
That was the ONLY plugin I removed... I'm not being an ass here by no means.... Valve said all along they didn't like the plugin but I think its great and you did great work but it is the ONLY one I've removed and the server started right up any time anyone joined... now I have been still having random crashes but just that one single plugin caused it not to start at all.

If you have other suggestions for fixing my problems then by all means I'm all ears here cause this big Valve update has been nothing short of a nightmare.

I used my troubleshooting basic skills again just to make sure i wasn't going crazy...the anti_f2p_connect plugin wasn't installed....I put it back, restarted server - it came up I tried to join and BOOM server crashed..I get this:

Quote:
PreMinidumpCallback: updating dump comment Uploading dump (in-process) [proxy ''] /tmp/dumps/crash_20111016092024_1.dmp success = yes response: CrashID=bp-e05492da-13a2-4037-84a1-5a70c2111016
I mean its pretty simple to trouble shoot..I remove it works, I add it don't work

Last edited by Horsedick; 10-16-2011 at 10:29.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-16-2011 , 12:55   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
That was the ONLY plugin I removed... I'm not being an ass here by no means.... Valve said all along they didn't like the plugin but I think its great and you did great work but it is the ONLY one I've removed and the server started right up any time anyone joined... now I have been still having random crashes but just that one single plugin caused it not to start at all.

If you have other suggestions for fixing my problems then by all means I'm all ears here cause this big Valve update has been nothing short of a nightmare.

I used my troubleshooting basic skills again just to make sure i wasn't going crazy...the anti_f2p_connect plugin wasn't installed....I put it back, restarted server - it came up I tried to join and BOOM server crashed..I get this:

I mean its pretty simple to trouble shoot..I remove it works, I add it don't work
Ok, I:
  1. Installed VMWare
  2. Downloaded and installed Fedora
  3. Downloaded SRCDS
  4. Downloaded and installed the latests versions of MM:S, SM, SteamTools, Connect and anti_f2p_connect
  5. Joined the server with both premium and basic tf2 acconts.

Not a single crash or other issue, everything worked as expected.
Make sure you have updated SteamTools and Connect...
Old 10-16-2011 , 18:58   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #117

Has anyone else noticed that all players are seen as premium now?

I don't use this plugin to kick f2p players, but I combined the premium / free check with a country/nick plugin to add an asterisk to free players' names.

Since the last big update, all the 'free' indicators went away.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-16-2011 , 19:27   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlar View Post
Has anyone else noticed that all players are seen as premium now?

I don't use this plugin to kick f2p players, but I combined the premium / free check with a country/nick plugin to add an asterisk to free players' names.

Since the last big update, all the 'free' indicators went away.
You probably haven't updated SteamTools since it was updated, which is the thread your post belongs in anyway as it's related to the SteamTools functions and not this plugin.
Old 10-16-2011 , 21:10   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Ok, I:
  1. Installed VMWare
  3. Downloaded SRCDS
  4. Downloaded and installed the latests versions of MM:S, SM, SteamTools, Connect and anti_f2p_connect

When you say "latests versions of MM:S, SM" do you mean the dev snapshots or the latest sable builds? I am running 1.4-dev and 1.9-dev as well as the latest snapshot of connect (1.0.0-hg8.tar.gz)and the only linux binary I could find of SteamTools and with this plugin the server will crash on client connect. With this plugin disabled the server will run fine. Do I need to rollback/downgrade my MM:S and SM? I am using version 2 which is Experimental I know, but it is the best way of dealing with the F2P. I would really prefer this way and not the version 1 (which have haven't tried yet) way.

Last edited by Mr.Firefox; 10-16-2011 at 21:15.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2011 , 21:55   Re: [TF2] Free2BeKicked (Anti-F2P)
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Ok, I:
  1. Installed VMWare
  3. Downloaded SRCDS

Everything was up to date before hand but I did it again.... I think Firefox there had a good question about what you did cause no matter what I do even if I stand on my head will this work the way it is now.