Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S] VIPMod

Post New Thread Reply   

Dustin
Old 01-15-2011 , 10:51   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #51

I've been running VIP server since the mod was originally released. While it never took really that much wind as the zombie mods did, it propably was due to lack of maps and lack of features on the mod. Perhaps now there can be more wider audience so i hope you will continue the development.

Yes the vip "protect the vip" sound is at sound/radio/vip.wav location on the counter-strike source shared.gcf

The vip had a pistol where it had 12 ammo and 12 on the clip. Does this plugin do the same thing? "feature clone of L.Duke's VIPMod" - so does it do any weapon restrictions like the previous one did? (as i recall, p90 was restricted from T's and similiar sets, awp disabled with cvar, allowing only scout to be used)

As a feature request, you could put in couple of cvars.
One for enforcing the old style weapon restrictions (on and off switch). I think the restrictions were a major fault in the original - people couldn't get the weapon they wanted because so many were restricted and thought it was the servers fault that was running the thing. Personally all restriction off should be default. Only the vip weapon ammo should be something like 24 total, no more.

Oh and about the maps. Just so everyone knows,
as_arctic has bugs where a player can go outside of map (if i recall correctly). For the very least, you can stand on a spot where you can be seen but not be shot. Very effective
as_trashedmansion has outside of map bug for 100% certainty (from a climb on a tree up and away)

+ There are other maps too that can be used. A "friend" of mine has done one map in the past and he is working on another on assumption that this mod will be working. He plans to release it soon.

as_hiekka - http://www.ics-base.net/css_skins/if...hiekka_vip.php
Soon - another too that i will post here when he is done with it.

Last edited by Dustin; 01-15-2011 at 10:54.
Dustin
Old 01-15-2011 , 14:40   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #52

Ok, just had a testrun on this.

First of all, for some reason when VIP was changing weapons mid-round, sometimes he was walking like the default model pose is, arms wide open without a weapon so he has no knife i assume? Why is it removed? Also it was impossible for CT's for couple of rounds to get cash, do you mess with those settings? So it was AK47 vs usps.

Also players said VIP model was invisible to them time to time. I've had VIPmod running before engine update broke it down so it isn't downloadurl issue as i'm using the same files as before. For some reason, also this other guy and me were having unlimited health and could not be killed at all. Another mod went crazy due to this VIP mod, as it thought people were retrying and getting back to the same round all the time due to what this vip-mod did. 1 player had this issue at first. Constant slay on every round start, then 2 others after rounds passed.

Very buggy at the moment, atleast when there are other plugins, such as mani-admin or Eventscripts. (Just a quick note to everyone who might take on this - no need to get started how great sm is compared to them). I hope your rewrite will fix these issues.

If this mod would work like the previous VIP mod by L.Duke, VIP would be selected on round start, pistol removed, given back with 12 ammo + 12 on extra, 150 health and 125 armor. Rest of the weapon restrictions i wouldn't implement but basically this is all that is needed, and something that tells the VIP that he is the vip. L.Duke as i recall had a mid-screen text "You are the VIP" done by the plugin.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-15-2011 , 18:13   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #53

Install the latest version of the plugin. As said in the original topic, this plugin will not enforce any sort of weapon restrictions (Short of you being the VIP) and you should use a weapon restriction plugin for that.

As for the invulnerability bug, you're running the first version. Grab the latest. I'm hoping to sort this out very soon, however my plate is full at the moment.
Dustin
Old 01-16-2011 , 03:57   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #54

So the zip file has old plugin? Because i downloaded it at the time that i wrote that 1st message.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-16-2011 , 09:05   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #55

All (both) of the archives are out of date. Thinking about it now, I should remove the plugin/gamedata from the archive.
shyriu42
Old 01-16-2011 , 17:02   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #56

hello nice plugin and really thanks for all people who want playing VIP mod.
since the time we are waiting for it again thanks

+++
Dustin
Old 01-16-2011 , 18:25   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #57

Any news on the rewrite?

Also, this is going to be out soon. New map for VIP mod: as_isku - http://www.ics-base.net/css_skins/if_maps_isku_vip.php
criminalist
Old 01-16-2011 , 19:52   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Any news on the rewrite?

Also, this is going to be out soon. New map for VIP mod: as_isku - http://www.ics-base.net/css_skins/if_maps_isku_vip.php
Excellent)
sidjamesbond
Old 01-17-2011 , 02:33   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #59

will this work with zblock? I installed all the files correctly and it does not seep to do anything. map just plays like a regular map. I know a server is running vip maps (76.74.153.210:27015) just dont know if it this mod without zblock or if i did something wrong.

do any cvars go in server.cfg? I beleive 1st post said no cvars correct?

good luck on re-writing as i read you were. you da man for doing this!
Thanks!
criminalist
Old 01-17-2011 , 08:21   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #60

Works for me without any problems.