Post New Thread Reply   

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2009 , 02:34   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
joining via lobby will cause crashes.
If I may ask, what is the purpose of this if it no longer works with lobbys? I mean, wasn't the hole idea with it,
to be able to lock difficulty on lobby reservations? mp_gamemode replaced this plugin months ago.
nutz
Old 05-27-2009 , 00:46   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #422

Quote:
Co-Op constant versus would have to be something you configure yourself. However I cannot say I would like to ever hop into your server so I hope you keep it out of the random searching. We already have enough hatred on the Left4Dead support forums @ Steampowered as it is because of Valve's inability to provide matchmaker "2.0"

my server is private and tagged and only for my group of gamer friends that all love Advanced Vs...any way to fix the lobby crashing because that's a pain in the ass otherwise...
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-28-2009 , 21:39   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
If I may ask, what is the purpose of this if it no longer works with lobbys? I mean, wasn't the hole idea with it,
to be able to lock difficulty on lobby reservations? mp_gamemode replaced this plugin months ago.
and why did mp_gamemode replace this?

This plugin does not have the access to be able to allow forcing when joining from a lobby due to valves wishes. the lobby difficulty lock was simply a variable. However the gamemode lock is an internal thing, there is no variable to modify.
Old 05-29-2009 , 02:54   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #424

Does this plugin have compatibility issues with the Left8Dead plugin? I like having the ability to lock the difficulty to advanced without it reverting back to normal every time the server empties. Using this plugin (v1.0.6, deleted old cfg) I can't get the menu on L8D (v1.5.0) to come up (sm_l8d_menu). Previous versions worked just fine (with the old sm_l8d_enable command). Many people have mentioned in the L8D thread that they cannot get the menu to come up either running v1.5.0. Also, no replies in that thread discuss any possible solutions.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-29-2009 , 15:50   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetone View Post
Does this plugin have compatibility issues with the Left8Dead plugin? I like having the ability to lock the difficulty to advanced without it reverting back to normal every time the server empties. Using this plugin (v1.0.6, deleted old cfg) I can't get the menu on L8D (v1.5.0) to come up (sm_l8d_menu). Previous versions worked just fine (with the old sm_l8d_enable command). Many people have mentioned in the L8D thread that they cannot get the menu to come up either running v1.5.0. Also, no replies in that thread discuss any possible solutions.
I don't know what has happenedi n the v1.5.0 update so I cannot offer information there. I can tell you however that if you don't force a gamemode this should not conflict with Left8Dead.
Old 08-31-2009 , 18:13   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #426

Possibly fixed on custom survival maps or campagn the l4dde_difficulty in the server , sometime difficulty return on normal on the first map campagn (if started with a lobby) and same survival . Possibly fix ?

summer.wind
Old 11-27-2009 , 18:50   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #427

Does this addon can work on L4D2 ? if not ,can you make one for us, thanks.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-29-2009 , 05:47   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #428

I am busy working on my other plugin as the moment (SuperVersus) to be able to test this. You are however able to test this yourself and report back.
In theory this plugin should work straight away with no modifications.
Old 11-30-2009 , 08:15   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #429

Quote:
I am busy working on my other plugin as the moment (SuperVersus) to be able to test this. You are however able to test this yourself and report back.
In theory this plugin should work straight away with no modifications.
thanks,man. I will test it soon.
the_truth
Old 11-30-2009 , 09:09   Re: L4D Director Enforcer
Reply With Quote #430

Tested with l4d2 2.0.0.2
Failed to load the plugin (mm 1.8&sm 1.3)

I just put
sm_cvar z_difficulty "hard"
in server.cfg and looks like difficulty changed (for versus for example).