Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sourcebans Dead?

Post New Thread Reply   

Blackglade
Old 01-11-2014 , 19:21   Sourcebans Dead?
Reply With Quote #1

Sorry if this thread seems a bit stupid, but it has been months since there was an update to the sourcebans platform on github or any work on the sourcebans admin plugin. Why has all work on it stopped and when will progress continue? It seems as if sourcebans is dead at the moment?
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2014 , 20:09   Re: Sourcebans Dead?
Reply With Quote #2

The people working on Sourcebans are also working on multiple projects so I'd imagine they're getting to it.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 01-12-2014 , 16:00   Re: Sourcebans Dead?
Reply With Quote #3

I have a full time job now, where it's very busy. I'm the driving force behind rewriting SourceBans (of course Peace-Maker, KyleS, ppalex and others have helped with fixes, which is great), but right now I'm limited in my free time. I also appreciate the donations very much, but they don't pay the bills, so work takes precedence. However I still love working on SourceBans 2 and want to finish it.

Some people also offered to do a Bootstrap theme several months ago, but I haven't seen anything yet. They could also be busy, but it may result in me having to do the theme, which will take more time.
Blackglade
Old 01-12-2014 , 17:31   Re: Sourcebans Dead?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
I have a full time job now, where it's very busy. I'm the driving force behind rewriting SourceBans (of course Peace-Maker, KyleS, ppalex and others have helped with fixes, which is great), but right now I'm limited in my free time. I also appreciate the donations very much, but they don't pay the bills, so work takes precedence. However I still love working on SourceBans 2 and want to finish it.

Some people also offered to do a Bootstrap theme several months ago, but I haven't seen anything yet. They could also be busy, but it may result in me having to do the theme, which will take more time.
Alright! We appreciate your effort DJ Tsunami. Just wanted to know what was up!
ozgaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-13-2014 , 18:40   Re: Sourcebans Dead?
Reply With Quote #5

where do we download sourcebans 1.4 from now? Link seems to be dead
cooltownaz
Old 01-13-2014 , 21:59   Re: Sourcebans Dead?
Reply With Quote #6

Sorry to sound like a noob here, but does sourcebans do the same thing as SMAC? how is these programs differ from each other?
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2014 , 22:19   Re: Sourcebans Dead?
Reply With Quote #7

Sourcebans is a bans database system. It does not ban users on its own. It merely lets you ban users, keeps track of banned users, and keeps them out of the server.

SMAC is an assortment of modules that detect cheaters, which then (generally) tell whatever ban system is on the server (maybe Sourcebans) to ban said cheaters.