Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Goodbye SM

Post New Thread Reply   

Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2022 , 02:36   Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #1

It's been a long time I didn't post anything new, for a reason.

Dark times are coming.
Since 2014 everything changed. People became angry and distrustful of each other, even inside families due to damn politics. Good friends became enemies.
Lot of 3-rd party countries, including Russia started a genocide of Ukrainian people and fake news, sanctions against Ukrainians in Crimea etc.
In 2022 it is transformed to a World War III. I can't take into details, because we aren't safe here and it's against rules.

All at all, under influence of nerves and leaving in the box, I lost ability of creativity.
There is no more time for entertainment anymore, only about thinking how to survive.

I'd like to express my gratitude and respect to all SM devs who helped me, and also shared amazing works. You're smartest and best people.
On the contrary, I'd like emphasize my hate to SM community represented by most of L4D servers administrators, for 4 reasons:

1) no credits about the real authors of works you're using, no mention anywhere (ads or public groups).
2) no single thankful word in the plugin topics, 3-5% is not an indicator (I don't even saying about any donation); just 1 sample: plugin, having 100 active customers, after 7 monthes of delay receive an update having almost 1 page of changelog (many of the wishes are done). No response from people at all.
3) really few feedbacks
4) mostly, no creativity, just copy-paste

Under circumstances, and considering our server group is almost dead, I'm leaving community, stopping all support for current works.

Nevertheless, I don't want my private works became lost in vain, so I shall public them step by step, just because "brag to other devs" and in case of my death due to weapon of RU,UA,EU,NATO,USA soldiers,filtration teams,marauders,cold,radiation.
It's pity, lot of projects left unfinished.

Take care and keep your family safe.
Good bye.

And, please don't say words about politics in this topic. Appreciate.
thewintersoldier97
Old 09-28-2022 , 03:41   Re: Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #2

Damn, such a shitty situation you're living in and sad to hear that you're leaving this community behind. For all the wonderful work you've contributed to SM in general, for bringing lots of fun time to me and my little group of friends with your plugins, I wholeheartedly thank you, Alex. Hopefully things will get better over there for you as well as your loved ones.

Stay safe, best wishes.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2022 , 04:53   Re: Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #3

You are pretty dam good crash debugging and after that made some patches.

Good luck, be safe
oqyh
Old 09-28-2022 , 05:04   Re: Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #4

Dragokas you are legend no need to compare

Stay safe wish you the best.

My discord : oqyh
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2022 , 05:32   Re: Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #5

Stay safe man, wishing a positive outcome for yourself and others in the upcoming days.
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-28-2022 , 07:45   Re: Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #6

Good luck with everything and thank you for all your help and all your work. Hopefully see you again in the future. Lot's of respect. Take care. Wishing you a safe future.
Old 09-28-2022 , 08:54   Re: Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #7

Dragokas, I wish you the best in the world.

Thanks for all the funny talks that we used to have playing together.

For all plugin advices and shares.

You are a very intelligent and talented person.

Hope you get through it all safely. Be strong.

Last edited by Marttt; 09-28-2022 at 08:56.
Beatles
Old 09-28-2022 , 13:05   Re: Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #8

Dragokas, it's a real shame that you have to leave, your creations are great, they helped me a lot with my servers, even thanks to your codes I was able to carry out some important projects for me, the situation right now is difficult for you, but remember that here your friends will be waiting for you, we still have a lot to share, the projects for L4D1 that I have in mind are great, and I know that you will like to enjoy them when they are finished, a big hug and take care of yourself, I send you the best vibes, thanks for your contribution to our community.
KadabraZz
Old 09-28-2022 , 14:11   Re: Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #9

We will all miss you and your crazy and funny projects, thank you so much for everything you've done and made public here on the forum. I wish you the best, God be with you.
foxhound27
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-28-2022 , 15:26   Re: Goodbye SM
Reply With Quote #10

Goodbye my friend, i wish you well.. thank you for everything.. you did great.. i hope someday you return safe and well..wish you best - greetings from Argentina!