Let me start with a few facts:
- This is the only store plugin thats distributed for free.
- There are no charges or hidden fees.
- There have been 219 commits to the store repo (the dark number is probably higher because drixevel "merges" his commits into one before pushing them to the main repo)
- There have been a total of 309 commits in both webpanel repos
- There have been 22 WebPanel releases over ~2 Years
- Commercial Store Plugins are available in a price range of 50-150€ ++
This means that you can:
- Use the store plugin for free on as many servers as you want
- Use the WebPanel for free
- Get Support in the AM Forum for free
- Use a lot of Store-Module free of charge
- Get Updates for free
When you use the store module on your server, please think of the following:
Is there another way to contribute than donations ?
- We are investing a huge amount of time into the development and maintenance of the store plugin and the WebPanel (Probably 1000+ hours until now)
- There are costs associated with the development
- Last year I paid around 600 € for my development environment that's used ~90% for the WebPanel (Server-Hosting, Web-Hosting, Domains, Software Licenses, ...)
- I don't know the running costs that Drixevel has, but they are probably in a similar area
- If I would have chosen to work on paid projects instead of the WebPanel, I could have made 8.000€ to 15.000€ in the same time. (Probaply quite similar for Drixevel)
- Until today I have received a total of 0€ in donations for the WebPanel (in ~2 years)
- Drixevel is the only one who is currently maintaining the store plugin and a lot of modules
- I am the only WebPanel developer
Yes - For the WebPanel there is.
The most important thing for the WebPanel is developer time. (Even more important than donations)
If you are a developer with a bit of PHP experience and if you want to contribute to the WebPanel, please contact me.
There are a lot of things to do and I can always need a helping hand.
How much should you donate ?
I used to write private Apps for various people. Usually I asked them how much this is worth to them and most of the time we came to an agreement (Ofc that doesnt work for some people).
I know that it wont be possible to fund the development of the webpanel with donations. (And I dont have a problem with it; After all its just a hobby)
Just think about what the store plugin and the WebPanel is worth to you and make a donation with that amount