Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server Help

Post New Thread Reply   

Peoples Army
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-15-2009 , 19:54   Server Help
Reply With Quote #1

OK , first off , I have used the HldsUpdateTool 100 times or more to download my servers and run them, I've never had any issues before this. Now I cant get srcds to load my server, I tried running from the Run command, and it loads the screen and it says

Code:

Console initiated Game dll loaded for counter strike source
and thats it it stops there , doesn't show me any ip or any other info to tell me that the server successfully booted.

I have installed this on my PC that I am using before with the same operating system nothing has changed so i know its not my hardware or OS.

Server OS: Windows 7 RC 64 bit Ultimate
Processor: Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad ( quad core ) 2.4 ghz
Ram: 4 GB's DDR2 800 MHz
Game(s): Counter Strike Source
Start Up Command: C:\HLServer\srcds.exe -console -game cstrike -autoupdate
Admin Mods: Haven't installed any yet

Batch file:

Code:

@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes...
echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title srcds.com Watchdog
:srcds
echo (%time%) srcds started.
start /wait srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +map de_dust +maxplayers 16
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
goto srcds
Old 09-15-2009 , 20:28   Re: Server Help
Reply With Quote #2

Hi mate,

Just some comments about your setup as you have written it.

Firstly, the command -autoupdate only works on Linux Servers so you may aswell remove it as it does nothing on Windows Servers. The command would not stop your Server from running though just so you know.

Secondly, your startup commandline appears incomplete. You have

C:\HLServer\srcds.exe -console -game cstrike -autoupdate

You are missing commands such as which map for the server to load and the server max players etc.

Here is an example with adding commands for your IP, Port number, Map, Max Players and Tickrate.

Code:
C:\HLServer\srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +ip 25.76.129.230 -port 27015 +maxplayers 16 +map de_dust -tickrate 66
Thirdly, is that a copy and paste of the actual batch file you are using because it is the same as the one on the srcds site and is unedited and is not pointing to your Server.

Going off what you have written above, alongside the example command-line i have just given, your batch file would be like this

Code:

@echo off
cls
echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title srcds.com Watchdog
start /wait C:\HLServer\srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +ip 25.76.129.230 -port 27015 +maxplayers 16 +map de_dust -tickrate 66
goto srcds
See the way the batch file matches the Server command-line so that it can start it up etc.

I have never ran a srcds on Windows 7 so i am unaware of there being any compatibility issues although you say you have ran it before with no problems.

Hope this helps

- Lob (UK)

Last edited by Lob (UK; 09-15-2009 at 20:42.
Peoples Army
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-15-2009 , 20:48   Re: Server Help
Reply With Quote #3

OK even with

Code:
C:\HLServer\srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +ip 192.168.1.115 -port 27015 +maxplayers 16 +map de_dust
and

Code:

@echo off
cls
title srcds.com Watchdog
start /wait C:\HLServer\srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +ip 192.168.1.115 -port 27015 +maxplayers 16 +map de_dust
goto srcds
I still get the same thign it hangs at the loaded game dll for counter strike source
Old 09-15-2009 , 21:04   Re: Server Help
Reply With Quote #4

Ok a couple more things to try.

1). Try starting the Server direct from the srcds.exe instead of the batch file to see if the same things happen

2). Run hldsupdatetool with the commands update and -verify_all

Not sure how you are updating and verifying your Server's but try doing it this way. It is a very fast, easy and effective way of doing it.

Assuming you know how to make a batch file, here is some code that will update and verify your server for you according to the directory you have above.

Copy and paste this into notepad.

Code:

@echo off
echo Steam Update - Source Server
echo . 
echo By Lob
echo .
echo .
echo Make sure the server is offline while steam updates
echo .
pause
c:
cd C:\HLServer
hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir C:\HLServer -verify_all
echo .
echo Now updated, just restart the Source Server.
echo .
pause
You probably already know this but i will put it here anyway for other people. Save the file into your C:\HLServer folder and name it Update_CSS.BAT and set the file types to "all files" so it does not save as aa text doc etc.

Then run this bat file and hit a key when it says as well as checking for updates, it will also verify all your server files and replace any missing or damaged files etc

- Lob (UK)
Peoples Army
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-15-2009 , 21:17   Re: Server Help
Reply With Quote #5

Ive tried to verify several tiems and it never made a difference, the first few times I couldnt even get it to verify, this time I think it did , and still no effect.
Old 09-15-2009 , 21:23   Re: Server Help
Reply With Quote #6

If you are using the batch file method i have given you above, there is no reason to "think it did", you can actually watch it in the command prompt window. It will take a couple of minutes while it verifies the files and you will get messages coming up comfirming the server versions and/or any files that have been added or replaced and when its complete and all is fine, you will get a message to press a key to close it and restart the Server.

- Lob (UK)
Peoples Army
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-15-2009 , 21:34   Re: Server Help
Reply With Quote #7

Well this is kind of weird but I have it working kinda, it worked when I did +console instead of -console, the no console mode still hangs and the console mode actually starts up my server.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-15-2009 , 21:52   Re: Server Help
Reply With Quote #8

Yep that is weird. There is no such command-line parameter of +console LoL

-console - SrcDS will run in console mode (Windows only).

This is a useful page for you with all the command line options for all half life based games.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...d_Line_Options

Glad your sorted anyway mate.

- Lob (UK)