Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[GoldSrc]Compiled HL libs for experimental development in other languages.

Post New Thread Reply   

ezio_auditore
Old 07-19-2017 , 04:00   [GoldSrc]Compiled HL libs for experimental development in other languages.
Reply With Quote #1

Hello guys.

I've been traveling and I got an idea that I can try to re-write the Metamod in some other language.

I downloaded the source code and read through that, and saw that HLSDK is being used to ease the development. But there must be a compiled library (DLL) of it (HLSDK), maybe in the game itself, that I am unaware of. Does somebody know about its location?

Last edited by ezio_auditore; 07-19-2017 at 12:10.
Send a message via Skype™ to ezio_auditore
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2017 , 07:16   Re: Compiled HL libs for experimental development in other languages.
Reply With Quote #2

HLSDK is just a base for coding your HL mod (it's Half Life Software Development Kit), it's not directly found in the game and mods (like CS) use it as a base and expand upon it. That's what developers use to develop the "mod library" (those binaries in $moddir/dlls and $moddir/cl_dlls).

Anyway, to code something like Metamod you only need interfaces between the engine and mod library which can be found in HLSDK, not the binary itself.

Last edited by klippy; 07-19-2017 at 07:17.
ezio_auditore
Old 07-19-2017 , 07:30   Re: Compiled HL libs for experimental development in other languages.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
HLSDK is just a base for coding your HL mod (it's Half Life Software Development Kit), it's not directly found in the game and mods (like CS) use it as a base and expand upon it. That's what developers use to develop the "mod library" (those binaries in $moddir/dlls and $moddir/cl_dlls).

Anyway, to code something like Metamod you only need interfaces between the engine and mod library which can be found in HLSDK, not the binary itself.
That means, I just need to declare the native functions in my code, generate the DLL and then reference it through liblist.gam?

Last edited by ezio_auditore; 07-19-2017 at 07:31.
Send a message via Skype™ to ezio_auditore