Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked

Post New Thread Reply   

Wolfseye
Old 05-13-2014 , 04:32   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #11

Database is correct, trust me. Quadriple checked. ;)

And I already copied all the plugin files again, setup the ID in the sourcebans.cfg as it should be. I also Quadriple checked all permissions on the Webpanel, also all correct. And still I can only SEND MESSAGE, no kick, no ban...

Getting slightly mad about this. Followed all instructions to the letter, still it won't work. Why does it only work half but not fully ?

Wolfseye

P.S: Does Kick & ban require different ports open on the Webpanel / Webspace than with sending messages ? Technically all those are just RCON commands. So why does one work but not the others ? Rcon Password is all setup correct.

Last edited by Wolfseye; 05-13-2014 at 04:34.
Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfseye
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-13-2014 , 06:42   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #12

These are new cvars just introduced into CS:GO in the last few months, but hey, continue whinging about how people don't help you and ignore the ones actually trying to help.

glhf.
Wolfseye
Old 05-13-2014 , 07:02   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargon View Post
These are new cvars just introduced into CS:GO in the last few months, but hey, continue whinging about how people don't help you and ignore the ones actually trying to help.

glhf.
What the ....

1.) Did you actually read my last post where I said that what you suggested didn't help ? (NOT MY FAULT!)
2.) Did I say something bad about you because what you suggested didn't help ? (NO, I DONT THINK SO!)
3.) Why did I ignore you in any way ? (DONT JUST ASSUME!)
4.) The original Poster of this topic is waiting for a month now for any sort of reply. Why is it "whining" when after a month noone replied and one is just looking for help ? (WTF...)
5.) Not hosting CS:GO, but INSURGENCY

You really need to chill, man. Don't see things that aren't there. I was thankful for your advice, but it didn't work. What more is there to be rude to me now for ?

Last edited by Wolfseye; 05-13-2014 at 07:13.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 05-13-2014 , 10:30   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
This thread is about CS:GO as the OP stated. Not once was it mentioned by you in this thread that you were talking about a different game.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
samsah
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-13-2014 , 10:30   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
E:YamiKaitou was second faster.

Last edited by samsah; 05-13-2014 at 10:32.
Wolfseye
Old 05-13-2014 , 10:34   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #16

I give you that.

But its the same issue here as it would appear. So it seems to be a more general Sourcebans / Sourcemod / Sourceengine issue than just about CS:S.

Wolfseye

Last edited by Wolfseye; 05-13-2014 at 10:34.
samsah
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-13-2014 , 10:55   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #17

I actually went and tried to kick myself from my Insurgency and CS:GO servers through SB web panel, both failed as mentioned on this thread :F
Worked on CSS and FoF.
Old 05-13-2014 , 11:12   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #18

So it seems Sourcebans is kinda outdated with newer Source Engine Versions. Because if not for those functions, its not really much else than a Server Status thing. Really hoped to use that for Bans and the standard Server functionality like kick/ban without going into the Game actually, since INSURGENCY (Standalone) is kinda on its own and most Source Engine tools don't work with it at all.

Too bad. Thanks for confirming with CS:GO. ;)
Wolfseye
Old 05-13-2014 , 12:31   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #19

The only thing that works for Bans is to add bans manually. That seems to work. But thats it.
One question though. The bans, when I add them manually into Webpanel of Sourcebans, as far as I can see they are not added from that panel to the Server into the banned_user.cfg. So for the Gameserver, where are they stored now ? Does the Server always check if someone is connecting, check with the Webpanel and the Database, if that person is not banned or how does it work ?
Is the banned_user.cfg now useless and no effect anymore ?

Any info is appreciated.

Wolfseye

Last edited by Wolfseye; 05-13-2014 at 12:35.
samsah
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-13-2014 , 13:44   Re: [PROBLEM] Bans are not kicked
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
The only thing that works for Bans is to add bans manually. That seems to work. But thats it.
One question though. The bans, when I add them manually into Webpanel of Sourcebans, as far as I can see they are not added from that panel to the Server into the banned_user.cfg. So for the Gameserver, where are they stored now ? Does the Server always check if someone is connecting, check with the Webpanel and the Database, if that person is not banned or how does it work ?
Is the banned_user.cfg now useless and no effect anymore ?

Any info is appreciated.

Wolfseye
Everything goes through Sourcebans database, nothing is stored to banned_users.cfg.