Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

MOTDgd Advertisements (3.0.2 2020/01/04) ** Added 'rewards' (works with CSGO) **

Post New Thread Reply   

Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-13-2014 , 11:46   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #291

Still here a 4$ steady a day. Not much but it covers my Box @ the end of the month:

120$ / 130$ a month....

Pinion i used and got a 70 / 80 $ a month.....

Just my experiances still atm....

Last edited by Happy DODs player; 07-13-2014 at 11:49.
IcEWoLF
Old 07-13-2014 , 12:25   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy DODs player View Post
Still here a 4$ steady a day. Not much but it covers my Box @ the end of the month:

120$ / 130$ a month....

Pinion i used and got a 70 / 80 $ a month.....

Just my experiances still atm....

What type of server do you run? Game/slots and how many hours of the day does the server stays full?

IcEWoLF
Old 07-13-2014 , 12:28   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
Currently, the services are very comparable. MOTDGD is facing an extreme problem right now with LiveRail placing restrictions on their most active and popular clients. These restrictions are causing up to a 75 percent loss in revenue. This cannot be disputed. I have 100 percent factual evidence of this. The other problem is that they refuse to address this with LiveRail. They are sitting back and letting their highest earning communities take a beating, and respond by saying "it's the advertisers". The owners have spent the majority of their time offline in the past 3 weeks since this became a problem. They are next to impossible to contact anymore, as where I used to talk to Ixel on a daily basis. The last 3 times I've email their support, I have not received a response, including yesterday.

Pinion's model is very consistent in terms of how their counts work but they pay a lot less and you will accumulate almost 50 percent less impressions through Pinion. This is coming from someone who distributes well over a million video adverts a month, and has for the past 7+ months while doing about 500k a month in the 6 months prior to that. MOTDGD has better features and a better dashboard, but their services change without notice and they change often. They implement features then take them away without notice (frequency caps, Net 30/60/90 payments).

It's really a toss up as to which service is better at the moment. All I can tell you is don't get used to your earnings because they will change without notice, without your servers or average amount of clients changing. And there isn't shit you can do about it.....
We don't rely on any mods, our community has ran through members donations over the past decade, we have a monthly goal and members donate to keep things up, I was considering this to have extra earnings for the community so we can do more giveaways and so on...but it sounds like this thing is more of a pain as of right now. Also a bit concerning that their support members are no longer replying.

boombee
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-13-2014 , 13:55   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #294

If it was on old rates (as of Jan) I'd be making 3-4k/month. :/
mlov420
Old 07-13-2014 , 14:58   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #295

This month alone I've lost over $1300 and we're only 13 days into the month. This is just in comparison to last month. I'm on track to lose upwards of $2800 this month and nothing is being done about it. If I were comparing it to how the earnings were in January-March/April-ish.....I would be looking at losses of double those previously stated numbers. This is just when comparing apples to apples the concurrent connections on a 24 hour basis while also considering the average number of connections from Tier 1 countries in that same time period.

My estimate, which is based on in depth statistics over the course of the past 3 months, is that I am only able to monetize about 25 percent of my clients when up until April I was able to monetize closer to 60 percent. Honestly, I would so much appreciate you guys shifting some of this discussion to their official steam group forum which I posted a page or two back. This needs to be addressed and we (the motdgd community) needs to rally together to make this happen.

None of you have to post your earnings or numbers. We just need as many people as possible to show up and make factual statements regarding their loss of earnings. This is the only way to get this resolved. Please guys, don't sit back and lose money. Advertisements are what drives half the world's economy and you shouldn't be losing out on what you work hard for. Your communities are a product of your hard work and dedication. Don't let major corporations like LiveRail, who distribute over 8 BILLION video adverts a month, take away your much deserved earnings without a fight.

Edit- I would like to add that after just checking in on my statistics, I have earned just over 100 video ads over the past hour with 789 current connections to my ad distributing servers. That right there should show you all the true extent of the problems right now.

Edit 2 - Since my last edit, I have done less than 150 ad views per hour with no less than 700 concurrent connections. I had a dozen people run an hour long test with me. The number of combined ads that played during the course of that hour (as reported by them combined with the ads I watched on my clients), just with 12 people running a few CS:GO clients each, was 368. When I checked my MOTDGD dashboard for that server's statistics, I had only 56. There are no delays with their reporting. Maybe a couple minutes. I highly suggest each and every one of you start monitoring your numbers on an hourly basis. This is mind blowing.

Last edited by mlov420; 07-14-2014 at 16:54.
janpepu
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-14-2014 , 22:55   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #296

Look your stats for today ...
mlov420
Old 07-16-2014 , 06:24   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #297

Yeah, my counts are even lower than normal. Apparently they switched from LiveRail to VAST. This has caused my counts to go even lower. This proves that the problems are on MOTDGD's back end and are likely unrelated to LiveRail (or VAST even).
boombee
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-16-2014 , 11:32   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #298

Might be time to change to Pinion for the time being..
Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2014 , 12:11   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #299

Here my Statics for this month,

As said not that much but it covers the Box i rent for some gaming hosting.....

This is a UK hosted box, and some US losses servers were i hardly get much traffic from.

----------------------------------------

I left Pinion about 7 Months ago becos i got there Max 80$ a month, do you guys think they ar improved ?

Last edited by Happy DODs player; 07-16-2014 at 12:13.
boombee
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-16-2014 , 13:29   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.6.6 - 15/02/14)
Reply With Quote #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy DODs player View Post
I left Pinion about 7 Months ago becos i got there Max 80$ a month, do you guys think they ar improved ?
If they have this, then there's no way I can move to them. $80 I make in a single day.

Last edited by boombee; 07-16-2014 at 13:30.