Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Counter-Strike: Source

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 09-30-2004 , 13:44   Counter-Strike: Source

This news post is about the upcoming release of Counter-Strike:Source being reported by the plethora of ever increasing HL news sites. I've decided to make an announcement that will save EVERYONE the trouble of asking this question over and over.

AMX Mod X is not, and will not, be Half-Life 2 compatible. It will not be CS:S compatible. This also goes for AMX Mod, Admin-Mod, and Metamod. Don't even try it, it won't work. And until the HL2SDK is released, no modding will be possible.

Admin-Mod has already made an announcement about this. They don't have definitive plans for a full HL2 port. AMX Mod's status is unknown. Will Day has expressed interest in writing a Metamod for HL2 if Valve doesn't make their own, but this was back when Will Day had time to maintain Metamod - and everything depends on Metamod.

What are AMX Mod X's plans? Currently, there are no plans to port AMX Mod X to Half-Life 2. The reason is that AMX Mod X, undeniably, is still built on the shaky code base of AMX Mod, and there's no reason to waste large amounts of time continually reworking it. It has to be rewritten, from the ground up.

So, there is a new project for AMX Mod X : Half-Life 2. It is not called AMX Mod X, and it is not based on AMX Mod. This project will be announced when Half-Life 2 is released. Until then, I hope this answers the Source related questions.

If you have any questions regarding this, post them here.
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2004 , 15:01  

Well, I hope it makes it a lot easier for you developers. CS Source is going to have its own statsme inside of the console, I think that would help out on writing any stat related programs and reducing things loaded by mods

ArtAttack
Old 09-30-2004 , 15:06  

AMX Mod's status is unknown but planned.
Send a message via MSN to ArtAttack
BAILOPAN
Old 09-30-2004 , 15:14  

How can something be unknown (unplanned) and planned (known)?

As for Statsme in the console, I think you are seeing debug messages. If you play the old betas of CS (beta 1 etc) you see these same messages.
Old 09-30-2004 , 15:33  

So it's known sorry
Send a message via MSN to ArtAttack
mahnsawce
Old 09-30-2004 , 16:14  

I think you forgot to mention that if anybody asks about this, that they agree to be flamed, trolled, ridiculed and to be assaulted by pirate emotes.

sanaell
Old 09-30-2004 , 16:14  

i don t know
Send a message via MSN to sanaell
BAILOPAN
Old 09-30-2004 , 16:15  

errr, back on topic :]
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2004 , 16:37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
As for Statsme in the console, I think you are seeing debug messages. If you play the old betas of CS (beta 1 etc) you see these same messages.
Not from what CS Nation and HLFallout been reporting, they say this is a standard feature of the game. I tend to think so also seeing how the console message is very well formatted.

Doesnt exactly look like a debug message to me. But who knows, we will all find out on release.

BAILOPAN
Old 09-30-2004 , 16:50  

CSNation and HLFallout are your standard HL fan news sites - they don't really know what they're talking about.

If anything it's part of the messaging/logging system and most likely debug stuff. The instant I saw it I said "oh yeah, this is a debug build" because I recognized it from other games (FA did it at one point too).

If they keep that in there, it would make it easier on developers