Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

View Poll Results: Who won the first US pres debate?
Bush 13 34.21%
Kerry 19 50.00%
Even 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

US Presidential Debate #1

Post New Thread Reply   

INFaMouS
Old 10-01-2004 , 01:07  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubh4t
I love when republicans do this.

Quote:
...people are stupid flaming sacks of crap and won't have noticed that Bush kept owning Kerry over and over, effortlessly."
I do agree that most americans are ignorant of the real issues of the debate. Most of them say as you do
Quote:
...he caught saddam!
and that is all they care about. They fail to see that bush put america into the BIGGEST national defict in recent years and has been labeled by the rest of the world as "The most dangerous man alive."
In regaurd to
Quote:
...noticed that Bush kept owning Kerry over and over, effortlessly."
; Bush, by no means, owned anybody. Bush kept saying one stupid phrase "...He keeps changing his views based on the politics...". Everytime Kerry made a statement about Bush, the president did nothing but try to refute the truths Kerry spoke. Let me emphasize TRY; Bush had no rebuttle for half the things Kerry said. All he would do is say that ignorant phrase over and over.
-- On a side note, Bush is a horrible public speaker. How exectly did he "own" Kerry "...effortlessly"? He was reading a script that was prepared. You could see him glance at it from time to time.

Now, before you get your panties in a twist, I am NOT a decocrat. Nor am I for that DISGRACE of a canidate Ralph Nader. I am for a President that will keep the world In one piece until the day I die.

Oh yea, I thought the debate was boring and that Kerry knew more about the questions. Bush looked as if someone stole his bananna.
THANK YOU.
I am an anti-bush person, all the way, all the time. I fucking hate ignoramus republicans who say "OH YOU DON"T KNOW SHIT BUSH IS THE MAN AND HE ALWAYS WILL BE!" Shut the fuck up. A: I know just as much as you do. B: Bush isn't all-perfect. Fuck he isn't even close.

To the National Defecit, right now I believe it's still at a record-breaking high. When Clinton became president, he purposely reversed the Bush I formula. Republicans predicted the stock market crash. Newt Gringich said we'd fall into another great depresson. What happened? MAJOR $$, the largest surplus in history.

To learn a LOT of facts about bush, go and play this game: Entertaining AND educational! www.emogame.com/bushgame.html

If I could vote, I wouldn't. Both candidates suck ass. Bush is war happy and a liar. Kerry couldn't find ground to stand on if he was motherfucking Christopher Columbus. Just my two cents.

Also off topic, this will resume my period of being gone. bye!
CS SERVER: 209.123.8.130:27017!
Send a message via AIM to INFaMouS
BAILOPAN
Old 10-01-2004 , 01:21  
Reply With Quote #12

err nubht, sorry, I meant to quote your post and I accidentally deleted it... (tried to copy the text and FUBARd) but I saved parts of it in notepad and hacked it back in sorry about that.

Anyway here's my reply
Quote:
It is basicly the debt of America (we owe money to a LOT of contries). When Clinton was President, We had a surplus (we were taking in more than we were spending, thus lowering the debt). Once Bush came to power the nation decented into one of the biggest debts on record. Some of the debt is due to 9/11 but the majority of it comes from the ingenious (sarcasm) ideals of the republican party; Lower taxes for the people so they will have more money to spend and thus it will speed up the economy. Thier ideal has never proved to work yet they continue to try and impliment it.
Actually, it usually has different effects. There are a couple of issues to take into account here. "Republican economics" as you call them are generally considered "Reaganomics" of which the ideals have lasted ever since the party adopted Reagan as their hero. Reaganomics had great economic policy and poor fiscal policy - good effects on the economy, bad effects on the government's money.

However, it should be considered a fact that the president must do a great deal to affect any system so complex and variable as the economy or stock market. To say one person influences this is ridiculous - usually economic policy is the by product of a situation already in place.

For example, during Clinton's administration there was a surplus. He was correcting the imbalances made by Reagan during the Cold War. Yet - the economy continued to grow as it did during the Reagan administration; before it came crashing down during the dot com boom which fed into Bush's administration.

What's my point? The economy is both cyclical and variant. It is impossible to predect and what can be claimed as the direct result may actually be the result of thousands of variables that aggregated over time. The seeming failures of one situation can be attributed to the actual failures of another deemed as a success - in this case, you could say the economy under Bush was Clinton's fault.

The tax cuts indeed put money in the hands of people - my dad is single and raises three kids and got a decent check, which he was glad to get.

Interestingly, presidents don't remain in power long enough to act out these policies. The democratic and republican ideals swap as they rotate out of office, meaning there is never time to truly test which ideals work appropriately. All you can do is guess and compare - but it doesn't come down to pure numbers. You have to analyze things, and when you say "proven to never work", you haven't analyzed.
Old 10-01-2004 , 07:25  
Reply With Quote #13

Uhm...

VOTE MICHAEL BADNARIK!!

::ducks and runs::
ArtAttack
Old 10-01-2004 , 11:28  
Reply With Quote #14

French official point of view :

87% of french population would vote for Kerry
Send a message via MSN to ArtAttack
LizardKing
Old 10-01-2004 , 13:12  
Reply With Quote #15

Rest of World Official Point of View:

"Bush is an ignorant, arrogant, War/Fear Mongorer and Because He is the President Of the US, Then WE HATE the US."

my point is that the whole world hates George So ofcouse they hate the US. The world does not respect George/THE US. Because our leader is the friggin villiage idiot.

George W is the Worst President Ever. EVER!
lol and he also happens to be the antichrist: http://66.135.33.70/bushisantichrist.com/
Send a message via MSN to LizardKing
BAILOPAN
Old 10-01-2004 , 13:32  
Reply With Quote #16

Riiiiiight... good thing we have intelligent, analytical debaters here
Old 10-01-2004 , 14:15  
Reply With Quote #17

I'll save the thread from tired attack-dog points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
Actually, it usually has different effects. There are a couple of issues to take into account here. "Republican economics" as you call them are generally considered "Reaganomics" of which the ideals have lasted ever since the party adopted Reagan as their hero. Reaganomics had great economic policy and poor fiscal policy - good effects on the economy, bad effects on the government's money.
What do you consider to be good effects on the economy? If by sheer Keynesian spending on national defense, Reagan helped the US economy, then yes, I guess you're right.

In the long term, however, government deficits raise the national debt, which in turn raises the cost of borrowing for the government. That, in turn, leads to interest rate hikes, which then slows the economy back down.

So I would argue Reaganomics is bad all-around, unless you're looking for a short-term economic increase due to massive government spending pumping cash into the economy.

Quote:
However, it should be considered a fact that the president must do a great deal to affect any system so complex and variable as the economy or stock market. To say one person influences this is ridiculous - usually economic policy is the by product of a situation already in place.
True, but the enormity of Bush's tax cuts coupled with $200+ billion in Iraq is Reaganomics redux. Sure, the Democrats might be tax-and-spend, but the Republicans are dont-tax-and-still-spend, and I seriously doubt that position is defensible.

Quote:
For example, during Clinton's administration there was a surplus. He was correcting the imbalances made by Reagan during the Cold War. Yet - the economy continued to grow as it did during the Reagan administration; before it came crashing down during the dot com boom which fed into Bush's administration.

What's my point? The economy is both cyclical and variant. It is impossible to predect and what can be claimed as the direct result may actually be the result of thousands of variables that aggregated over time. The seeming failures of one situation can be attributed to the actual failures of another deemed as a success - in this case, you could say the economy under Bush was Clinton's fault.
You are right on one count - the dot-com bust was NOT Bush's fault, and most likely the seeds for it were planted in Clinton's final months. But that's hardly a defense of Bush's economic policy.

I still contend that Bush's combination of tax cuts (that largely affected people who will hoard that cash, not spend it) with massive government spending will simply raise interest rates without stimulating the economy as much as 1992-93, when we recovered from Bush the Elder's economic slowdown. (I'm not saying Clinton was wholly responsible for this recovery - I agree it was more of a cyclical scenario.)

Quote:
The tax cuts indeed put money in the hands of people - my dad is single and raises three kids and got a decent check, which he was glad to get.
Not sure if you will dispute this, so I won't bother to Google up some statistics, but a staggering amount of that money went to the richest people, who have enough disposable income as it is. Giving them more won't make them spend it, which is what would be helpful to the economy.

More to the topic at hand, I think it's such an incredible stretch to even say the debate was a draw. Kerry dominated Bush in the debates, keeping Bush perpetually on the defensive and forcing him into uncomfortable positions in which Bush could do nothing but repeat his (often untopical) mantra, "mixed messages."

Bush repeatedly scowled, paused blankly, and blinked uncontrollably during the latter half of the debate. He was so rattled that his closing statement, which obviously, for both candidates, was a carefully rehearsed statement, didn't come close to the 2 minute limit (indicating that he forgot a good chunk of it, since there's no way he would have purposefully not used his full allotment of time). Kerry, I might add, perfectly maxed out his 2 minute limit.

Don't believe me? Even many right-wing pundits grudgingly admitted Bush was nowhere near as effective as Kerry, and the polls bear this out too.

The main thing is, Bush had 4 years to make his case to undecided voters. If they're still undecided, it must be because something about his message isn't working. The solution is either to change the message or hope that the opponent can't otherwise pull the undecided into his camp. On the other hand, many of the politically aloof undecided voters may not know Kerry that well; they do now, and this was the best possible scenario Kerry could have reasonably hoped for.
kalel
Old 10-01-2004 , 14:40  
Reply With Quote #18

not even going to read all the post on this... simply because every one thinks bush is a idiot.... well guess what he isn't

Just listing to the political analysts talk about it according to them Kerry only landed one punch on bush, one major thing Kerry did not do was look into the camera he kept his eye on the middle man the guy ruining the debate, bush how ever looked into the camera right into the home like he was talking to you, bush was getting very testy at points with Kerry ask he said "I know Sodom didn't attack us" so I keep in mind every one is free to there opinion but I just want to remind you bush is not dumb, he makes mistakes but by far not stupid

now go on and flame me for taking bushes side

NO Support Via PM
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2004 , 14:44  
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
bush how ever looked into the camera right into the home like he was talking to you
Both men looked back and forth between the other and the camera, quite a lot I must say.
Old 10-01-2004 , 14:47  
Reply With Quote #20

Is the way you look at the the camera or the guy important, compared to the lie about mass destruction weapons or the 1000+ boys dead in Irak ?????
Send a message via MSN to ArtAttack