Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2020 , 10:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #631

You have to set the data .cfg file like this:

"Tank Enabled" "0" // Tank is disabled.

E.g.:

Spoiler

You can check more info here

Last edited by Marttt; 03-11-2020 at 10:28.
TypicalType
Old 03-11-2020 , 16:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #632

Thanks!
ryzewash
Old 03-12-2020 , 12:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #633

I'm not from english-speaking country, sorry for my poor english...
I have a trouble about finale waves
finale waves cvar is worked very well in L4D2 maps.
But in L4D1 maps, finale waves value doesn't work at all. Whatever the value is, tank appears only one in each wave.
I've tried to apply several plugins like supertanks, multitanks with this plugin, and yet the result is same...
I saw Information file said finale wave cvar doesn't work in L4D1 maps... but I need this function in every map. one tank in each wave is too easy for me and my friends and isnt enough to show my various tank types.
Thank you for reading this. I hope this bug will fix soon.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 03-12-2020 , 21:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #634

@ryzewash,

The problem is that in a lot of finales is executed a vscript file, e.g.: "c9m2_lots_finale.nut"
Which sets the Director to spawn a single tank in the finale wave, ignoring all configs that you have
(tank limit cvar or even the TankLimit vscript unlocker)

So one way to bypass it is with Silvers's plugin VScript File Replace by now I accomplished that by changing lines like this:

Changing the red lines from 1 to 2.

Spoiler

By now I don't think that there is a better option in the forum, maybe in the future someone can make a plugin that reads the A_CustomFinale* director vscript vars, and check if it is a tank, then set it to the new desired amount.

So in the end the data.cfg file from Silvers plugin will be like the "vscripts_override.cfg" attached file.
And you add this file "c9m2_lots_finale.nut" to your vscripts\vscripts_custom folder.

Note: Sometimes it doesn't work, noticed that with more frequency in the c12m5_cornfield map.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg vscripts_override.cfg (112 Bytes, 146 views)
File Type: zip c9m2_lots_finale.zip (629 Bytes, 119 views)

Last edited by Marttt; 03-12-2020 at 21:44.
ryzewash
Old 03-13-2020 , 22:37   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
@ryzewash,

The problem is that in a lot of finales is executed a vscript file, e.g.: "c9m2_lots_finale.nut"
Which sets the Director to spawn a single tank in the finale wave, ignoring all configs that you have
(tank limit cvar or even the TankLimit vscript unlocker)

So one way to bypass it is with Silvers's plugin VScript File Replace by now I accomplished that by changing lines like this:

Changing the red lines from 1 to 2.

Spoiler

By now I don't think that there is a better option in the forum, maybe in the future someone can make a plugin that reads the A_CustomFinale* director vscript vars, and check if it is a tank, then set it to the new desired amount.

So in the end the data.cfg file from Silvers plugin will be like the "vscripts_override.cfg" attached file.
And you add this file "c9m2_lots_finale.nut" to your vscripts\vscripts_custom folder.

Note: Sometimes it doesn't work, noticed that with more frequency in the c12m5_cornfield map.
You are my hero! My problems are now totally gone. I'm impressed with your kindness and detailed explanation. Thank you Marttt!
NeptuniaMX
Old 03-29-2020 , 05:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #636

Hi mate, nice plugins. I got some questions to ask you as well. When im playing a versus mode on my server and there's a player getting his turn to play as tank, somehow the early spawned tank is replaced with a new one from the players and it got stucked until the timer to hit a survivor runs out. Do you have any solution to this? Here's my current configs on mutant_tanks.cfg

"Plugin Settings"
{
"General"
{
"Plugin Enabled" "1"
"Announce Arrival" "31"
"Announce Death" "1"
"Base Health" "1000"
"Display Health" "7"
"Finales Only" "0"
"Health Characters" "|,-"
"Multiply Health" "0"
"Type Range" "1-179"
}
"Human Support"
{
"Human Cooldown" "600"
"Master Control" "0"
"Spawn Mode" "1"
}
"Waves"
{
"Regular Amount" "1"
"Regular Interval" "900.0"
"Regular Mode" "1"
"Regular Type" "0"
"Regular Wave" "0"
"Finale Types" "145,149,153"
"Finale Waves" "1,1,1"
}
"Game Modes"
{
"Game Mode Types" "15"
"Enabled Game Modes" "coop,realism,versus,survival"
"Disabled Game Modes" "scavenge"
}
"Custom"
{
"Enable Custom Configs" "0"
"Create Config Types" "0"
"Execute Config Types" "0"
}
}

Thank You
DARG367
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-29-2020 , 20:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #637

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuniaMX View Post
Hi mate, nice plugins. I got some questions to ask you as well. When im playing a versus mode on my server and there's a player getting his turn to play as tank, somehow the early spawned tank is replaced with a new one from the players and it got stucked until the timer to hit a survivor runs out. Do you have any solution to this? Here's my current configs on mutant_tanks.cfg

"Plugin Settings"
{
"General"
{
"Plugin Enabled" "1"
"Announce Arrival" "31"
"Announce Death" "1"
"Base Health" "1000"
"Display Health" "7"
"Finales Only" "0"
"Health Characters" "|,-"
"Multiply Health" "0"
"Type Range" "1-179"
}
"Human Support"
{
"Human Cooldown" "600"
"Master Control" "0"
"Spawn Mode" "1"
}
"Waves"
{
"Regular Amount" "1"
"Regular Interval" "900.0"
"Regular Mode" "1"
"Regular Type" "0"
"Regular Wave" "0"
"Finale Types" "145,149,153"
"Finale Waves" "1,1,1"
}
"Game Modes"
{
"Game Mode Types" "15"
"Enabled Game Modes" "coop,realism,versus,survival"
"Disabled Game Modes" "scavenge"
}
"Custom"
{
"Enable Custom Configs" "0"
"Create Config Types" "0"
"Execute Config Types" "0"
}
}

Thank You
If I understood correctly, to just fix tanks that get stuck you can use [L4D] Tank anti-stuck (anti-block)
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=314741.

I do wanna mention that in the case that you have 2 tanks spawning at one time, this plugin depending on your configuration you set can sometimes teleport your tank that you are controlling to another tank on the map. But by your Mutant Tanks configuration looks like you only have 1 spawning at any one time. So you should be okay!

Hope this helps.
NeptuniaMX
Old 03-29-2020 , 23:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #638

Quote:
If I understood correctly, to just fix tanks that get stuck you can use [L4D] Tank anti-stuck (anti-block)
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=314741.

I do wanna mention that in the case that you have 2 tanks spawning at one time, this plugin depending on your configuration you set can sometimes teleport your tank that you are controlling to another tank on the map. But by your Mutant Tanks configuration looks like you only have 1 spawning at any one time. So you should be okay!

Hope this helps.
I've been using that, but the player still can't move the tank. Even worse, the tank gets teleported in that state. Is there any buttons you must press before playing as mutant tank? In the meantime, i will try to rebuild the mutant tank and see if my last checks on every mutant tank will pay off. Thanks Mate
sxslmk
Old 04-04-2020 , 12:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.64, 8-23-2019) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #639

Thanks for your great powerful plugin. I have a question how to disable MT in-game by other plugins, I only know how to do it with convars not cfg...

EDIT:OK, i found how to toggle, need test:

EDIT2:I noticed when it changes the config file, game will freeze 0.x second, so i think if there is a convar to toggle the plugin that would be best.
PHP Code:
char KVPath[256];
······
public OnPluginStart()
{

BuildPath(Path_SMKVPathsizeof(KVPath), "data/mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.cfg");
}
······//turn on in coop

Handle kv CreateKeyValues("Mutant Tanks");

FileToKeyValues(kvKVPath);

KvJumpToKey(kv"Mutant Tanks"false);

KvJumpToKey(kv"Plugin Settings"false);

KvJumpToKey(kv"Game Modes"false);

KvSetString(kv"Enabled Game Modes""coop,survival");

KvSetString(kv"Disabled Game Modes""versus,scavenge");

KvRewind(kv);

KeyValuesToFile(kvKVPath);

CloseHandle(kv);
······//turn off in coop

Handle kv CreateKeyValues("Mutant Tanks");

FileToKeyValues(kvKVPath);

KvJumpToKey(kv"Mutant Tanks"false);

KvJumpToKey(kv"Plugin Settings"false);

KvJumpToKey(kv"Game Modes"false);

KvSetString(kv"Enabled Game Modes""survival");

KvSetString(kv"Disabled Game Modes""coop,versus,scavenge");

KvRewind(kv);

KeyValuesToFile(kvKVPath);

CloseHandle(kv);
······ 

Last edited by sxslmk; 04-11-2020 at 02:52.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2020 , 11:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.65, 4-20-2020) [Human/AI Tanks Supported]
Reply With Quote #640

Version 8.65 is out!

Download | Changelog

*Requires SourceMod 1.10.0.6421 or higher.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 10-11-2020 at 19:24.