Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)

Post New Thread Reply   

marczx1
Old 10-04-2014 , 06:52   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #141

I use this plugin for L4D2, Whenever someone/I type "!" or "/" it triggers a vote.

How do I remove this bug?
D.P.W
Old 11-03-2014 , 14:22   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #142

I've been trying to set this plugin up and I ran into one question. If I understand it correctly, cooldown will prevent that vote from being brought back up within a certain amount of time. Is this correct? I'm trying to set up a vote that can't be called for again for several minutes.
Sdg
BANNED
Old 12-01-2014 , 11:57   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #143

ReFlexPoison, thanks, exelent plugin.

Is there a way to disable plugin or options when an admin is online?

Sry my english.

Last edited by Sdg; 12-03-2014 at 11:50.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-27-2014 , 05:18   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #144

Is there not a way to put in a ban/silence duration?

Edit-
Nevermind, seems to be 30 minutes. How about making it show a reason in sourcebans web panel? Something like "Votesilenced" or "Votebanned". Also including the steam ID of the person who called the vote in the ban reason would be helpful. "Votebanned by STEAM:0xxx"

Last edited by Phaiz; 12-27-2014 at 06:21.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-27-2014 , 08:58   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #145

Only one player on my server shows able to be kicked, banned or silenced from the menu. Everyone else has their names in white and none of them are admins.

edit-

Seems to be just the first few people who connect, now everyone else connecting is yellow.

edit2-

Also the voteban that is included in the cfg doesn't work. Vote passed and the player wasn't banned.

Last edited by Phaiz; 12-27-2014 at 09:32.
Phorce_Phed
Old 12-27-2014 , 20:02   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
i don't think voteban works...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Also the voteban that is included in the cfg doesn't work. Vote passed and the player wasn't banned.
Same thing here with Neotokyo. Tested using latest SM and MM, stripped out all but default SM plugins, no change.

Also tried modifying the voteban to include time and reason ("sm_ban {TARGET_ID} 0 votebanned") but while Custom Votes always announces that the ban vote succeeded, no ban is created and nothing shows up in the SM logs.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-27-2014 , 22:48   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorce_Phed View Post
Same thing here with Neotokyo. Tested using latest SM and MM, stripped out all but default SM plugins, no change.

Also tried modifying the voteban to include time and reason ("sm_ban {TARGET_ID} 0 votebanned") but while Custom Votes always announces that the ban vote succeeded, no ban is created and nothing shows up in the SM logs.
Well to be fair I think it might be "close" to working. I had to change the included votemute from target_id to target_name for it to execute the command on anyone, so perhaps the voteban will work if changed from target_name to target_steamid
Old 12-28-2014 , 14:44   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Well to be fair I think it might be "close" to working. I had to change the included votemute from target_id to target_name for it to execute the command on anyone, so perhaps the voteban will work if changed from target_name to target_steamid
sm_ban explicitly does not support steamid, but I think I have this issue more or less figured out:

sm_ban appears to require that the userid value be prefixed with a # symbol. See the sm_ban documentation. So with the default customvotes.cfg and a voteban {TARGET_ID} of (for example) 4, Custom Votes will send this to the server:

Code:
sm_ban "4"
However SourceMod requires something like this syntax to achieve the intended result:

Code:
sm_ban "#4"
Because the double quotes around the userid are added programmatically by Custom Votes, I don't believe there is a way to fix this in customvotes.cfg without a code change. That said, the issue can be worked around by using {TARGET_NAME} instead of {TARGET_ID}.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-29-2014 , 01:25   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorce_Phed View Post
sm_ban explicitly does not support steamid, but I think I have this issue more or less figured out:

sm_ban appears to require that the userid value be prefixed with a # symbol. See the sm_ban documentation. So with the default customvotes.cfg and a voteban {TARGET_ID} of (for example) 4, Custom Votes will send this to the server:

Code:
sm_ban "4"
However SourceMod requires something like this syntax to achieve the intended result:

Code:
sm_ban "#4"
Because the double quotes around the userid are added programmatically by Custom Votes, I don't believe there is a way to fix this in customvotes.cfg without a code change. That said, the issue can be worked around by using {TARGET_NAME} instead of {TARGET_ID}.
Yeah that should work, I haven't had a chance to test it yet though.
Old 01-05-2015 , 08:20   Re: Custom Votes Redux (v1.7 - 4/13/14)
Reply With Quote #150

Has anyone figured out how to add options to the votes and then display them in the sourcebans web panel? Something like racism, trolling etc for ban/silence reasons then "Silenced by votemenu for reason" ?

Did a bit of testing. You can add a generic reason pretty easily
Code:
"command"        "sm_ban {TARGET_NAME} 30 Votebanned by players"
Couldn't figure out how to include the votecallers name however. Adding {VOTER_NAME} afterwards showed just that.. {VOTER_NAME}.

Last edited by Phaiz; 01-05-2015 at 09:15.