Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2]AdaWong Survivor

Post New Thread Reply   

bokokon79
Old 09-29-2020 , 05:31   Re: [L4D2]AdaWong Survivor
Reply With Quote #51

Oh ok... but can i change model of adawong...I just rename the custom skin into adawong name and then i spawn it become invisible model and show an errors in the console
foxhound27
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-07-2021 , 18:18   Re: [L4D2]AdaWong Survivor
Reply With Quote #52

nice plugin not tested but still... this givin me cool ideas, and i see theres 2 version for survivor chat selection isnt good to use hook server_spawn to get os? like

PHP Code:
string    os    WIN32LINUX

char OS
[12];
HookEvent("server_spawn"Server_Event);

public 
Action Server_Event(Handle event, const char[] namebool dontBroadcast){

event.GetString("os"OSsizeof(OS));

or this dsnt work? anyway good stuff thx i wanna create a gamemode like Dead by Daylight on L4D i see this very useful for my project i need this for killers menu XD sick <3

Last edited by foxhound27; 02-07-2021 at 18:43.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2021 , 19:04   Re: [L4D2]AdaWong Survivor
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound27 View Post
nice plugin not tested but still... this givin me cool ideas, and i see theres 2 version for survivor chat selection isnt good to use hook server_spawn to get os? like

PHP Code:
string    os    WIN32LINUX

char OS
[12];
HookEvent("server_spawn"Server_Event);

public 
Action Server_Event(Handle event, const char[] namebool dontBroadcast){

event.GetString("os"OSsizeof(OS));

or this dsnt work? anyway good stuff thx i wanna create a gamemode like Dead by Daylight on L4D i see this very useful for my project i need this for killers menu XD sick <3
Maybe will work i dunno never used it way before i had good experience enough with sm.
Now checks between linux and windows are not needed since silvers patched the crash for windows.

Below I written a talker handler with cuba who is making arcade japanese survivors maybe someone want to continue it for their own work, need minor edits to adapt other survivors and remove bL4D1Campaign checks to allow it to work on all levels.

It should accept the data file "adawong.cfg" and auto parse it, just need to add the data to arcadetalker code.
Arcade_talker is made for execution speed inmind.

Requires "sceneprocessor" include to compile and run.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Arcade_talker.sp - 101 views - 9.2 KB)

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 02-07-2021 at 19:12.
foxhound27
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-12-2021 , 16:28   Re: [L4D2]AdaWong Survivor
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Maybe will work i dunno never used it way before i had good experience enough with sm.
Now checks between linux and windows are not needed since silvers patched the crash for windows.

Below I written a talker handler with cuba who is making arcade japanese survivors maybe someone want to continue it for their own work, need minor edits to adapt other survivors and remove bL4D1Campaign checks to allow it to work on all levels.

It should accept the data file "adawong.cfg" and auto parse it, just need to add the data to arcadetalker code.
Arcade_talker is made for execution speed inmind.

Requires "sceneprocessor" include to compile and run.
great thx for share!
mav
Old 12-14-2021 , 21:34   Re: [L4D2]AdaWong Survivor
Reply With Quote #55

so how easily moddable is this? i would love to figure if i could add more survivors through this concept plugin that seemingly still works. or is there another sourcemod that is better for what i am trying to do? also, have viewmodels/icons ever been able to be figured out?

Last edited by mav; 12-14-2021 at 21:35.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-14-2021 , 23:37   Re: [L4D2]AdaWong Survivor
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav View Post
so how easily moddable is this? i would love to figure if i could add more survivors through this concept plugin that seemingly still works. or is there another sourcemod that is better for what i am trying to do? also, have viewmodels/icons ever been able to be figured out?
AFAIK Survivor UI is completely client sided.

For extra unique survivors (m_survivorCharacter 8 and higher, except 10 and 11 which crash the server) you need to use something like SendProxy to make the client believe he's playing as someone else or else the player won't have hands in first person, which is tied to m_survivorCharacter. The only downside is that they will have no vocalizations at all. I've been investigating on how to give them proper voices but no dice.

This plugin's Ada Wong is just a reskinned Rochelle and the plugin hooks vocalizations (scenes) and plays a respective MP3 instead. Plugin is somewhat hardcoded but it is simple enough so you can do the same if you know what are you doing.
Old 12-15-2021 , 00:41   Re: [L4D2]AdaWong Survivor
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Iggy View Post
AFAIK Survivor UI is completely client sided.

For extra unique survivors (m_survivorCharacter 8 and higher, except 10 and 11 which crash the server) you need to use something like SendProxy to make the client believe he's playing as someone else or else the player won't have hands in first person, which is tied to m_survivorCharacter. The only downside is that they will have no vocalizations at all. I've been investigating on how to give them proper voices but no dice.

This plugin's Ada Wong is just a reskinned Rochelle and the plugin hooks vocalizations (scenes) and plays a respective MP3 instead. Plugin is somewhat hardcoded but it is simple enough so you can do the same if you know what are you doing.

so we can't use 10 and 11 but we can use anything beyond that?
i assume you've been working on something of your own for a while. mind if you can show me what you've been able to do?