Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System (v29.39, 07-16-2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2018 , 14:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #131

Small update released!

- Companion and Keyman systems will properly shut off on disabled game modes. (Before: they would still activate and thus could cause issues for certain config settings.)
- On automated mode, once a method has been randomly chosen, it will stay that way. (Before: some of the methods overlapped.)

This is not a major update, more like a small fix. Therefore, it will remain as v20.0.

Please redownload the plugin from the first post. Nothing else has been updated.
Old 01-26-2018 , 15:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Small update released!

- Companion and Keyman systems will properly shut off on disabled game modes. (Before: they would still activate and thus could cause issues for certain config settings.)
- On automated mode, once a method has been randomly chosen, it will stay that way. (Before: some of the methods overlapped.)

This is not a major update, more like a small fix. Therefore, it will remain as v20.0.

Please redownload the plugin from the first post. Nothing else has been updated.
Hello,it's a wonderful plugins and i have already use it on my server with nu bugs,thanks a lot for it.Can i make a suggestion that the start the saferoom/area can be open only when all the players are already load the game?Because on my server,it always happen someone has already outside the saferoom/area far when someothers are still loading the game.
Sorry for my poor english.
Send a message via ICQ to geipoe Send a message via AIM to geipoe Send a message via Yahoo to geipoe
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2018 , 06:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by geipoe View Post
Hello,it's a wonderful plugins and i have already use it on my server with nu bugs,thanks a lot for it.Can i make a suggestion that the start the saferoom/area can be open only when all the players are already load the game?Because on my server,it always happen someone has already outside the saferoom/area far when someothers are still loading the game.
I make no promises to add anymore features because I have honestly grown tired of this plugin and want to leave it the way it is. So far, nobody has reported any bugs since the small update I released regarding the Companion, Keyman, and Lockdown systems.

Only time I'll update is for bug fixes.
Old 01-30-2018 , 08:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by geipoe View Post
Hello

Give this a try: Click

I'm using this on my server in versus mode, its not working in coop mode. It wait's and then starts a countdown.

"I've Got You In My Sights!"
geipoe
BANNED
Old 01-30-2018 , 16:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperH View Post
Hello

Give this a try: Click

I'm using this on my server in versus mode, its not working in coop mode. It wait's and then starts a countdown.
Thanks a lot,but my server is the coop one,it's a pity i can't use this anymore.
Send a message via ICQ to geipoe Send a message via AIM to geipoe Send a message via Yahoo to geipoe
geipoe
BANNED
Old 01-30-2018 , 16:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
I make no promises to add anymore features because I have honestly grown tired of this plugin and want to leave it the way it is. So far, nobody has reported any bugs since the small update I released regarding the Companion, Keyman, and Lockdown systems.

Only time I'll update is for bug fixes.
OK,it's fine.Thanks for the plugins and your hard work.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2018 , 11:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #137

Looking at this plugin from another person's perspective, here are the things that I would ask to be added:

1. Better method for tracking speedrunners.
2. Automatically detect when a player is the only one left standing and needs to rush for the saferoom at the last second.
3. Use NativeVotes for the vote menus since I realized that not all players pay attention to or are comfortable with the SourceMod menus.
4. Add Companion, Keyman, and Lockdown systems compatibility for beginning saferoom doors.
5. Make the failsafe system automatic (correlates with #2).
6. Automatically disable systems to prevent them from overlapping without the use of distance cvars.
7. Improve each system.
8. Do not manipulate the plugin to not require a translation file regardless of who speaks any other language besides English (this would result in less lines and less space).

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 01-31-2018 at 11:28.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2018 , 14:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #138

I think this plugin is one of the best in the community.

But for me there are still some problems about the doors. I like Companion system and Lockdown.

I believe that in my case it is because I want the voting system disabled.

I'll keep trying all possible configuration forms, and try to use it permanently on the servers.

Thanks for everything you've done so far, this was definitely hard to do.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2018 , 14:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
I think this plugin is one of the best in the community.

But for me there are still some problems about the doors. I like Companion system and Lockdown.

I believe that in my case it is because I want the voting system disabled.

I'll keep trying all possible configuration forms, and try to use it permanently on the servers.

Thanks for everything you've done so far, this was definitely hard to do.
How exactly do you want those 2 systems to work? Are you still experiencing issues with them?
Old 01-31-2018 , 15:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System: A 10-in-1 System (v20.0, 01-22-2018)
Reply With Quote #140

I'm still trying to use the lockdown and companion system could work together. automatically, with voting disabled.

I think this will cause some ports not to open, but the plugin does not generate log errors.

The other systems of punishment work perfectly. it's cool

As I reported in on a previous post:

I'm still using 2 plugins together:
anti-speedrunner_system (Version 11.3) + l4d_doorlock (VERSION "0.0.2) edited by (Member: nico-op - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=126030&page=2.

The two plugins together work very well so far, but I still hope this plugin will work fine for me, but for sure this plugin would be better if you could set it up.
But do not bother with it, you did an incredible job. Perhaps this problem is only with me.

P.S: I'm testing now with enabled voting, to see if there were any errors in the door. But my intention was not to have voting system but to be automatic

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 01-31-2018 at 15:33.