Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2019 , 07:21   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #921

Actually, I did not released it under a new name because it was supposed for me to take over the maintenance of the original Galileo, once this version gets approved.

Maybe you are right, and remaining it, would take no more than a few minutes, but I am not convinced it could not expand into a whole hour (including testing everything is ok).

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2019 , 17:45   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
As it should. This particular plugin shouldn't be named Galileo, it needs renamed since it's so radically different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
It's mostly from a stand point of preventing confusion.
@fysiks Good observations. @addons_zz As you state, I can see why you keep name. Future take-over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyourefine View Post
I remade our server from scratch and it works OK now. Thank you developer for the help!
@damnyourefine What mod, and version of Amxx please? Are there NPC's and how active is server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Does it really needs renaming?

How much time would take me to rename it? I think I can do it in an hour or so. But only after figuring out whether this thread should be trashed or not.
Up to you. Best bet. Continue. Collaborate and discuss with fysiks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
That is a nice feature.
Nowadays, I would definitely use my time for other things as implementing new features for Galileo, other than renaming it. Hence, it would be a matter of priorities, i.e., which task has the higher priority?

Thanks for reporting back! I am glad you got everything working fine!
Curious what features are in store? Smaller code being an embedded platform would be nice. Slimming instead of fattening.

Vote on the thread would be interesting to see.
Old 03-18-2019 , 18:25   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #923

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Curious what features are in store?
Initially, all the features listed on: https://github.com/addonszz/Galileo/issues

Quote:
Smaller code being an embedded platform would be nice. Slimming instead of fattening.
Oh no. Smaller never. Always bigger and bigger. From my point of view, as a developer, I see no problem with a big code, either 20.000 or 40.000 lines are just fine.

Quote:
Vote on the thread would be interesting to see.
Maybe, but since all of them would be implemented, a voting could only fit to help decides which one is going to be implemented first. However, I should not implement any new features on this Galileo, unless I got nothing else more interesting to do. Right now, I am focusing on developing plugins for Sublime Text, and at the end of the year, I am planning to fix bugs on the XFCE desktop for Linux: https://www.xfce.org/

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2019 , 19:33   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #924

Xfce4 could use a hand! Openbsd-cwm is choice sporting ? Spawn “exec program” dialog.. Joe Friday said just the Facts mam. I say just the next map man. Good thing I don't have to wait and make what I want.
Old 04-23-2019 , 17:02   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #925

Hello,

@addons_zz
I suggest you change the system of map nominations. It should be the case that, for example, if we select up to 4 maps (cvar: gal_vote_mapchoices), then only 4 maps can be nominated. If it is 5 it will display an error. Nominated maps should also have priority.
Papuszek
Old 04-28-2019 , 16:37   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #926

@addons_zz

there is a problem, not every player shows a selection of maps. Part can vote and the other shows nothing how to fix it?

I have amxx 1.8.3 and ReHLDS

I wrote here too: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...98#post2650198

Last edited by Papuszek; 05-04-2019 at 08:56.
iclassdon
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-16-2019 , 10:30   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #927

Hoping someone can help out.

Galileo temporarily disables CSDM weapon menu when map voting starts. It won't re-enable the weapon menu until voting ends.

Players are left with a pistol and knife if they die during a map vote. Has anyone found a solution or workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.
Send a message via MSN to iclassdon
blood2k
Old 12-01-2019 , 14:50   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #928

Hey there, recent maps using gal_banrecent "5" are not working. It's supposed to ban the recent 5 played, but I still see them in the vote list
Alungatu
Old 12-23-2019 , 14:05   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #929

Hey,

Can someone tell where I have to modify (and what) so the message that warns about coming a vote (A vote for a new map will come in X time) to be shown colored?

Now its showed normal and we'd like to be shown red for example.

Thanks!
RaZ_HU
Old 12-25-2019 , 08:03   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #930

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood2k View Post
Hey there, recent maps using gal_banrecent "5" are not working. It's supposed to ban the recent 5 played, but I still see them in the vote list
How many maps do you have in your list and are you using the latest version?
I had the same problem, but it has been fixed back in 2016 (with v3.2.6-407 build).

@Alungatu
Open amxmodx\configs\galileo\galileo.cfg and set gal_colored_chat_enabled to value 1.
After this you will have colored messages.