Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

n00b questions

Post New Thread Reply   

soreal
Old 12-08-2004 , 16:15   n00b questions
Reply With Quote #1

hi Guys

ok I want to have a crack at coding some of this stuff .
I have the SDK files and the serverplugin_empty files , so I have 2 questions , what do I use to edit this stuff with ,( I have visual studiio installed) and how do you turn these files into a DLL file ?

Tell me to go away if this is too n00bish for this forum / website , but I have some ideas I want to try and Id like to get a grip on whats going on for the benefit of my own knowledge.

Ta!
benualdo
Old 02-22-2005 , 22:21  
Reply With Quote #2

Hello, I'm just starting to study the HL2 SDK but I will try to help you anyway. Maybe you should start with the "game_sdk.sln" file and not the "Everything_SDK.sln"to see "how things work".

If you manage to compile the solution (easy if you have Visual .Net Studio 7.0 or 7.1) it will make the dll and copy it to the right place, in "./SteamApps/SourceMods/NameOfYourMod/bin/" and after that you can delete the .pdb files and only keep "client.dll" and "server.dll" in that directory (unless you want to debug).
Send a message via MSN to benualdo