Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

AllMassive
Old 11-02-2022 , 10:48   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott24 View Post
Is there a way to whitelist maps based off of player count? I see there is the gal_nom_minplayer_control. and that works great. I would like to be able to only have maps nominated that are in the midplayers mapcycle or mapcycle.txt based off of player count. The min works great but when the server is full that allows everyone to still nominate the small maps from the minplayer mapcycle.
you should take a look at this Mapvote-Plugin, which already offers all your requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamanious View Post
Is there any way to paginate map lists greater than lets say 50 or 100 without causing reliable buffer overflows? I'm stuck with deagles map manager, or was until i disabled it because it caused our server to become unstable after 800+ maps. With Galileo its a bit different since you have to manually list the maps in console, but listing them 10 at a time is a daunting task for a server with 800 + votable maps. Presumably this is a limitation of the goldsrc engine since it can only manage a certain amount of data to and from the clients over the internet.
with galileo you can type 'nom de_m' and will get a list to browse by a ingame menu - 'nom dust' lists all maps containing the string 'dust'. that 'listmaps' is obsolete.

Last edited by AllMassive; 11-02-2022 at 10:55. Reason: more
Old 01-09-2023, 12:49
gabuch2
This message has been deleted by gabuch2. Reason: Nevermind, the problem was in my end
MeliMeli
Old 01-17-2023 , 13:49   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1012

Not a good plugin in my point of view

The code is huge, and the configuration file coming in half is teered to configure. It should be more compact
I thought it was the best votemap plugin but I preferred to use another simpler, very simple
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-17-2023 , 14:51   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeliMeli View Post
Not a good plugin in my point of view

The code is huge, and the configuration file coming in half is teered to configure. It should be more compact
I thought it was the best votemap plugin but I preferred to use another simpler, very simple
And you're free to use simpler votemap plugins if that fills your need.

There's nothing wrong with customization, Galileo is perfect because the huge amount of customization allows you to set up very specific configurations an operator might want.
Old 01-19-2023 , 23:52   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1014

I couldn`t get the min-mid player configs to work no matter what...
lastsummer
Old 02-26-2023 , 12:19   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1015

Hello, guys.
Im using galileo plugin, and to now the server was with more than 8 classic maps, but any players dont want do play another map from dust2.
My question is, how to make the plugin to works only with dust2 without a vote, and only when the percent of rtv is reached to be maked a vote with other maps, including dust2 in the list?
I tried to nominate the prefered maps, but when the map is changed, the prefered nominates are gone?
IC3k1ng
Old 04-05-2023 , 17:37   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1016

Hello, i like this plugin but i wanna change the countdown sound from half-life with my custom sounds, is it possible to do it or not?

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2023 , 01:16   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3k1ng View Post
Hello, i like this plugin but i wanna change the countdown sound from half-life with my custom sounds, is it possible to do it or not?
Yes, it is possible. You would need to add code to precache your custom sounds and then replace the client_cmd() that plays the sounds to instead play your custom sounds.
Old 04-06-2023 , 13:29   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Yes, it is possible. You would need to add code to precache your custom sounds and then replace the client_cmd() that plays the sounds to instead play your custom sounds.
Thank you, i found the code but im getting many errors, can you help me with it? (Line 4894/4895):

PHP Code:
        // audio countdown

if( !( get_pcvar_numcvar_soundsMute ) & SOUND_COUNTDOWN ) )
        {
            new const 
contador[] = "sound/5united/contador.mp3";

client_cmd(id"mp3 play %s"contador);
        }
    } 
It says me this:

Quote:
plugin.sma(4844) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "-identifier-"
plugin.sma(4844) : error 017: undefined symbol "id"
plugin.sma(4844) : warning 215: expression has no effect
plugin.sma(4844) : warning 215: expression has no effect
plugin.sma(4844) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found ")"
plugin.sma(4844) : fatal error 107: too many error messages on one line

Compilation aborted.
4 Errors.
I don't know how to define id because im new at this type of coding, so i hope that you can help me.
You can look at the SMA file from the plugin to edit it and then send me how to define it at the code. It would help me a lot.

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2023 , 00:10   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1019

You can't use "id" there because it doesn't exist in that scope. Why are you trying to change that? You need to leave it at 0 for this one. Basically, just leave that parameter alone, any changes with that parameter would likely require extensive changes.

Also, that section of code is for a countdown which means it was playing consecutive sounds that speak the numbers so if you replace it with a single sound, it will just repeat it several times which might be confusing.

You also need to precache the files with something like this:

PHP Code:
public plugin_precache()
{

precache_generic("path/to/sound/file.mp3")

Old 04-07-2023 , 01:40   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You can't use "id" there because it doesn't exist in that scope. Why are you trying to change that? You need to leave it at 0 for this one. Basically, just leave that parameter alone, any changes with that parameter would likely require extensive changes.

Also, that section of code is for a countdown which means it was playing consecutive sounds that speak the numbers so if you replace it with a single sound, it will just repeat it several times which might be confusing.

You also need to precache the files with something like this:

PHP Code:
public plugin_precache()
{

precache_generic("path/to/sound/file.mp3")

Oh, i didn't know that. I was learning how to play a mp3 file at client and the code got that "id", so i copy it. My bad.

So how can i make it to play many sounds by order? (Like if countdown value is 5 seconds, then make the client play sound "5.mp3", later "4.mp3", and etc to finish at number 1)