Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

PTBx: Ignore certain users based on SteamID/name?

Jambe
Old 10-18-2006 , 09:40   PTBx: Ignore certain users based on SteamID/name?

Hi! I've been using the mod for a while and we just currently implemented it at the Over Thirty Club (over30club.net). While most of us like it quite a bit, some of the really old boogers can't handle getting swapped. I searched around the forums a bit, looking for "exemptions, ignore lists, bypassing" and more (separately and in conjunction) but I've not found anything on the forums or in the documentation that would do what I'm looking for.

Basically, I wonder if there's a way to prevent PTBx from swapping certain players in the room based on their SteamIDs, IPs or even their player names. This would solve the issue entirely with the really old farts of the club (who don't really influence gameplay that much) and preserve the balancing for everybody else. Is it possible with the current version? Would it be a hard thing to do? I debated putting the post in the suggestions forum but, as it is more of a question about current functionality, I thought it fit here.

Thanks for any help!
Jambe
Old 10-21-2006 , 15:26   Re: PTBx: Ignore certain users based on SteamID/name?

No help?! I'd be very appreciative of any advice here... Pretty please?

Last edited by Jambe; 10-21-2006 at 15:34.
stlava
Old 11-17-2006 , 22:42   Re: PTBx: Ignore certain users based on SteamID/name?

I'm having a problem with that too..
Vinas
Old 12-11-2006 , 10:52   Re: PTBx: Ignore certain users based on SteamID/name?

There isn't anything built into PTBx that Will allow you to ignore certain people. I mean, after all it kind of defeats the purpose of team balancing in the first place.

I guess I know what you mean. At first it can take some getting use to. The good thing is that it forces you to play all sides of the map. Alternativly you could use another admin plugin (maybe Mani for instance) to admin swap back to the original team. You can get mani here: http://www.mani-admin-plugin.us

Hope this helps.
stuttering.john.gc
Old 12-11-2006 , 17:01   Re: PTBx: Ignore certain users based on SteamID/name?

glittermod also allows for teamswap immunity. we moved to that during the cl_restrict_server_command problem. off topic, i'm surprised ptbx is still working. i tested it for a few day after the update, and never saw it transfer anyone that didn't have cl_restrict_server_command 0.

glittermod:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=39695