Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Game Mode description not getting updated in server browser

Post New Thread Reply   

rtxa
Old 05-07-2020 , 12:06   Game Mode description not getting updated in server browser
Reply With Quote #1

Hello guys, I'm experiencing an strange issue, game description is not getting updated in server browser, the forward FM_GetGameDescription gets executed in server startup and from then, isn't executed anymore.

Using DProto/Reunion fixes the issue. Everytime you refresh the server browser, the hook is triggered, but of course isn't legal.

I'm using lastest HLDS from SteamCMD ( build 8308 )

PHP Code:
plugin_init()
// show current AG mode on game description when you find servers
register_forward(FM_GetGameDescription"FwGameDescription");

// Gamemode name that should be displayed in server browser and in splash with server settings data
public FwGameDescription() {

log_amx("GameDescription has been triggered");

forward_return(FMV_STRINGgGameModeName);
    return 
FMRES_SUPERCEDE;

Half-Life use this to show the current mode (game description with mp_teamplay 0 is "Half-Life" and with mp_teamplay 1 is "HL Teamplay"), and this is not working.

Is there a way to make the server update the game description without using the mentioned plugins?

Last edited by rtxa; 05-07-2020 at 12:09.
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2020 , 15:51   Re: Game Mode description not getting updated in server browser
Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=308682

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
https://iceeedr.com.br/
Send a message via Skype™ to iceeedr
rtxa
Old 05-07-2020 , 18:51   Re: Game Mode description not getting updated in server browser
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceeedr View Post
Looks like you have the same issue, and no one has give you a solution, well, they posted the same code you were already using like three times. I think the problem isn't with the hook, it works fine, the problem is inside of HLDS, is not using GetGameDescription(), it's not calling it, DProto or ReHLDS make it work, how? DO i have to use Orpheu? HEEELP

Last edited by rtxa; 05-07-2020 at 18:53.
JocAnis
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2020 , 20:06   Re: Game Mode description not getting updated in server browser
Reply With Quote #4

Use ReHLDS so avoid Orpheu, in my opinion its better solution...ofc if you dont have some big plugins using orhpeu
ps: i had also that problem with GetGameDescription() some months ago..maybe they changed its behvavoir with the latest steam update, idk

My blog: http://primekz.xyz (in progress...) - not active (dec 2022)

Last edited by JocAnis; 05-07-2020 at 20:06.
rtxa
Old 05-07-2020 , 20:41   Re: Game Mode description not getting updated in server browser
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JocAnis View Post
Use ReHLDS so avoid Orpheu, in my opinion its better solution...ofc if you dont have some big plugins using orhpeu
ps: i had also that problem with GetGameDescription() some months ago..maybe they changed its behvavoir with the latest steam update, idk
Yeah, sure, but not all gameservers have this option and it has a big issue with his last update
The behaviour hasn't changed, I'm using the latest HLDS version.