Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

cant respawn..have to reconnect

Post New Thread Reply   

tron420
Old 05-07-2007 , 16:49   Re: cant respawn..have to reconnect
Reply With Quote #11

omg
for the last time...YOU CANNOT RESPAWN IF YOU TYPE KILL IN CONSOLE !!
i dont think you understand what i mean by "not able to respawn"..
It happens when ( at least i think it does ) more than 1 person are in a spawn at 1 time. you go directly to spectator mode and cannot respawn untill the round ends or you reconnect to the server...
tryping kill in console doesnt do anything to help you respawn when this happens.. TRUST ME.. IVE TRIED AND I KNOW IT DOES NOT WORK..
Old 05-13-2007 , 14:15   Re: cant respawn..have to reconnect
Reply With Quote #12

I hear ya.. and know what you mean. It kinda happenned to me last night. I was playing and then hit my stupid "windows" button. It took me to my desktop and when I clicked my tab to get back in the game, I wasn't playing. But I wasn't in spec either. It showed me playing and alive, but I wasn't. I tried typeing "kill" in console and it didn't work. I had to wait till round end before it respawned me.
My little problem is a little different than yours.

If this problem is happenning to you a lot could it be a map(s) with bad spawns or maps with less slots than your server has? Sounds like a csdm problem.

Sorry I couldn't help you.
CrazyEh
Old 05-23-2007 , 13:33   Re: cant respawn..have to reconnect
Reply With Quote #13

Anyone else still getting this? I get this, not often, but it's annoying when it does happen. I have the latest GunGame and AmxModX

Has this been fixed?
MrXtramean
Old 05-24-2007 , 11:17   Re: cant respawn..have to reconnect
Reply With Quote #14

We've noticed this on 2 maps we have running for sure. I think they just have enough slots, maybe not, but I'm going to add spawns t make sure people aren't double spawning in the same spot. Which is what I think is happenning.

Try using Map_Spawns_Editor plugin. It works great and is so easy to use.
TooL
Old 05-25-2007 , 10:34   Re: cant respawn..have to reconnect
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron420 View Post
yea that would help if someone could add that to gungame//

it happens when 2 ppl are in 1 spawn for some reason.. like if someone walks over a spawn right when u spawn there u become a spectator and cant join again till the round restarts or till u reconnect. and in gungame the rounds hardly evewr ends so u gotta reconnect..

can someone make me a seperate plugin ( if u cant add this to gungame ) that lets players type /respawn and respawn if they are stuck in spec?
IMO this is exactly what is happening.... and it happens most on the smaller maps where the spawn points are a bit cramped. I just type in /retry in the console and reconnect - with current level intact. I wish it could be fixed