Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CSGO/ANY] Anticheat

Post New Thread Reply   

sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 01-17-2017 , 17:32   [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #1

As many of us are aware I'm sure, cheating (at least in CS:GO) has become a much bigger issue as time has gone along. It's become incredibly easy to buy a new account on the cheap, inject and go. Some of these accounts have hundreds of hours and have been cheating for months, yet no VAC or overwatch ban.

That being said, we have few options at the moment to combat cheaters in our community servers;
  • SMAC - Quite effective against basic/poorly coded cheats but outdated, ineffective against most modern cheats (in fact, many have anti-smac features), not to mention the whole DMCA issue disallowing its distribution. I personally have made small modifications to it to make it more effective, yet there are still numerous cheats that bypass SMAC easily.
  • VAC - Kind of a joke as of late, if players are detected, generally bans are dished out after the damage has been done.
  • Manual review - Active admins are helpful, however is not possible 100% of the time.

I run a small community, with fairly popular servers. Daily we get 3-4 SMAC bans on average (with a slightly modified SMAC, mainly hard value tweaks), and generally 1-2 duplicate accounts of previously banned cheaters (thx SourceSleuth, but that even isn't very effective vs users with dynamic IP's or VPN's). The sad part is that I only run 2 servers that are even remotely competitive, the majority are movement-based servers (surf, bhop, etc).

Obviously there is only so much you can do with server-sided anticheats, but there definitely can be improvements made. Outside of what SMAC already does, there needs to be:
  • Strafe hack detection
  • Spread variation detection (for consistent/perfect sprays)
  • Aim assist detection (vectoring, etc)
  • Silent aim detection (with no hard set minimum angles)
  • Trace detection (for players who lock/snap onto other players through or not through walls, without actually triggering player death or even hurt)
  • Improved bhop cheat detection
  • Anti-airstuck (it's still possible in csgo, even tho valve "fixed" it like 6-8 months ago)
  • Blocking spectator viewing information (it's possible for cheaters to see who is spectating them so they can toggle off when getting spectated by an admin)
  • ??? More

That being said, is there any interest in creating a collaboration to come up with a newer, more effective anticheat for SM?

Last edited by sneaK; 01-17-2017 at 17:58. Reason: cleanup
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2017 , 17:38   Re: [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
generally 1-2 duplicate accounts of previously banned cheaters (thx SourceSleuth, but that even isn't very effective vs users with dynamic IP's or VPN's).
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...26#post2485726

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 01-17-2017 , 17:43   Re: [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
I saw that actually, would definitely be an invaluable addition to sourcesleuth!

Last edited by sneaK; 01-17-2017 at 17:59.
Fragkiller
Old 01-17-2017 , 21:33   Re: [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #4

Strafe Hacking is more than interesting to block.. I mean there are realy shit versions out there, which can be easily busted like from bTimes-bash or bTimes-cash ("anti-cheats" for blackys timer).

But there are also stuff like "Silent Strafers" which are pretty much not "sending" the keypress, so its kinda impossible to controll that.

Other than that, anti-airstuck is uhm again, you cant just ban people who randomly stuck in air maybe cause of a lag or something else. And I guess you must meet a realy dumb cheater if he uses it more than 5x during few minutes..
OSWO
Old 01-18-2017 , 01:45   Re: [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragkiller View Post
Strafe Hacking is more than interesting to block.. I mean there are realy shit versions out there, which can be easily busted like from bTimes-bash or bTimes-cash ("anti-cheats" for blackys timer).

But there are also stuff like "Silent Strafers" which are pretty much not "sending" the keypress, so its kinda impossible to controll that.

Other than that, anti-airstuck is uhm again, you cant just ban people who randomly stuck in air maybe cause of a lag or something else. And I guess you must meet a realy dumb cheater if he uses it more than 5x during few minutes..
PHP Code:
public Action OnPlayerRunCmd(int I_Clientint &I_Buttonsint &I_Impulsefloat F_Vel[3], float F_Angles[3], int &I_Weaponint &I_Subtypeint &I_CmdNumint &I_TickCoutint &I_Seedint I_Mouse[2]) {

if (((
I_Buttons IN_FORWARD) || (I_Buttons IN_BACK)) && (F_Vel[0] == 0.0)) {

B_ButtonError true;
    } else if (((
I_Buttons IN_MOVELEFT) || (I_Buttons IN_MOVERIGHT)) && (F_Vel[1] == 0.0)) {

B_ButtonError true;
    }

if (
B_ButtonError) {
        for (
int i 02i++) {

F_Vel[i] = 0.0;
        }
    }
    return 
Plugin_Changed;

That one for sure cannot be patched. Sceptical on releasing other AC's since they're easily vulnerable to being patched.

Wallhack can be easily fixed with SDKHook_SetTransmit, but will require a fair amount of computation to traceray clients.

"AirStuck"

PHP Code:
((GetEntityFlags(I_Client) & FL_ONGROUND) > 0) && GetEntiityMoveType(I_Client) != MOVETYPE_NOCLIP)

if 
their last pos is the same as their current pos for 10 frames or w/

Last edited by OSWO; 01-18-2017 at 01:52.
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2017 , 05:26   Re: [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #6

Most cheats don't populate the mouse x and y params when snapping to targets so a validity check of those would detect aimbots
Old 01-18-2017 , 09:39   Re: [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #7

It would be a dream having a cheat free CS GO, but I think it is not very likely until Valve do anything about it.
Looks pretty clear that they do not want to stop cheats, it is a good business for them when people must buy new game several times.

I think we need some kind of client side application to have a chance against this. Punkbuster was a good idea but of course you could find a way around that one too.

But regarding SMAC, it is sad kigen and the SMAC developers couldn't come to an agreement so the development could officially get going. Guess that won't happen.

blackhawk74, are you willing to share your smac version maybe? Could PM me or so
Addicted.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-18-2017 , 10:02   Re: [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #8

The problem with trying to make an anticheat on a site like am is that you need to release the code to the public. At this point any half decent cheat coder can figure out ways to bypass the detection methods.

Anyway that's just my opinion
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2017 , 13:45   Re: [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDanne View Post
But regarding SMAC, it is sad kigen and the SMAC developers couldn't come to an agreement so the development could officially get going. Guess that won't happen.
Scrapping smac, and starting from something new would be better, I've been working on my own anti-cheat, and I won't share it to public as well, because public source anti-cheats kills the whole point of it.
Old 01-18-2017 , 15:24   Re: [CSGO/ANY] Anticheat
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
Scrapping smac, and starting from something new would be better, I've been working on my own anti-cheat, and I won't share it to public as well, because public source anti-cheats kills the whole point of it.
Yes probably.

Make it closed source then?
What are you going to do with your anti-cheat?