Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

trbz_
Old 08-31-2019 , 13:24   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
Hey, I just recently installed this plugin on my server and I was wondering is there any documentation to what attributes I can use that are in cw3-attributes and aw2attrib? I'm aware of the tf2attributes, but I've been scouring the internet with no avail.

Cheers!
Yes, the attribute plugins' information can be found throughout the comments of the Custom Weapons 2 and Custom Weapons 3 main threads. Here's a list of all the attribute plugins I dug out of the threads.
spikeof2010
Old 09-01-2019 , 01:22   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #222

Thanks for the help- just wanted to ask- is there any native fix for using attribute 280 aka the projectile override? I've seen the official custom weapon servers use them like with the Shotgun Bridge, but I've not find any good way of utilizing it because the velocity is always set to zero.
spikeof2010
Old 09-12-2019 , 12:00   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #223

Is there anyway that engineer's don't destroy buildings when switching on every spawn? Or is this a bug exclusive to when the engineer has a gunslinger?
crafting
Old 09-18-2019 , 18:42   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #224

Quote:
Is there anyway that engineer's don't destroy buildings when switching on every spawn? Or is this a bug exclusive to when the engineer has a gunslinger?
Kinda. If the user has the gunslinger equipped in there melee slot, then any normal Sentry that is built with a custom weapon will auto-destroy when the user dies. The user has to un-equip the gunslinger.
crafting
Old 09-18-2019 , 18:43   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Thanks for the help- just wanted to ask- is there any native fix for using attribute 280 aka the projectile override? I've seen the official custom weapon servers use them like with the Shotgun Bridge, but I've not find any good way of utilizing it because the velocity is always set to zero.
No, some projectile don't have projectile speed, so they just fall to the ground. We have a custom attribute that handles that.
JCThornton
Old 09-22-2019 , 08:51   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #226

Would it be okay if I contribute some weapons here?
Old 03-30-2020 , 20:23   Re: Silver's Custom Attributes
Reply With Quote #227

@xSquared I have your pack installed correctly, and yet none of the attributes except for those carried over from basic-attributes function.

I've already tried quite a bit to troubleshoot and nothing is working. I have the .inc in the scripting\include folder, with the .smx installed in the correct place. I am defining the attributes correctly, using "attributes" (not "cw3_attributes"). I have uninstalled and re-installed, and I have re-compiled silver.sp, multiple times. Nothing seems to work.

The attributes in silver.smx that are also in basic-attributes.smx work fine (e.g. infinite ammo, aim recoil, etc.), but the ones you added, such as fire rate health and addcond recharge do not. All other CW2 and CW3 attribute plugins are working correctly.

If there's anything you can think of that could fix this, I would appreciate a reply. Thanks!
ScrapEngineer
Old 05-26-2020 , 05:48   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #228

Hope there's no issue with posting and sharing this, but I somehow managed to botch some code together to make it so that custom weapons don't glitch out whenever you have Mini-Sentries, it's not flawless as whenever a user has the Gunslinger equipped and uses a custom wrench, the arm is fine for the wrench but anything else will use the Gunslinger arms, but it's a much more minor visual bug compared to the horrendous stretching which would happen otherwise.

The .zip file contains both the compiled and uncompiled versions of cw3model-application, cw2model-application and cw2legacy, this is an example of my first time trying to code, and it took many attempts with fix methods which were very stupid and did not work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CW3 Gunslinger Fix.zip (64.5 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by ScrapEngineer; 05-26-2020 at 05:49.
henke50
Old 05-26-2020 , 16:00   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #229

uhm, sorry to ask, but can anyone give me information about main attribute of the Masterkey that have been used on the official server?

Last edited by henke50; 05-26-2020 at 16:02.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2020 , 19:44   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by henke50 View Post
uhm, sorry to ask, but can anyone give me information about main attribute of the Masterkey that have been used on the official server?
There are a number of servers that run custom weapons; none are ones I would consider "official".
Anyways, I was paid to write that particular plugin; it's exclusive to CTF2W. Feel free to send me a private message if you need any other information.

I do have other public attributes that I should make a proper post for. Will update this space shortly. It's below.

----

The Custom Attribute Starter Pack

This post will also serve as an informal announcement of my Custom Attribute Starter Pack, which is a collection of dozens of attributes, many of them sponsored by Karma Charger (including ones from his newest videos, which I try to push as soon as the videos are published).

it's actually been public for a while, just haven't posted about it

It depends on my own Custom Attribute framework, which was written because the Custom Weapons attribute system is extremely clunky for developers to use. It does support Custom Weapons however; read over this page, which talks about the interop mechanism.

Both have release builds. While the Custom Attribute framework only depends on TF2Attributes, the starter pack uses a lot of libraries, all of which are listed in the project pages.

Between the project wiki and readme, I've done what I can to document it. I unfortunately don't have the time to guide people through the entirety of the project, so beyond that you're mostly on your own. If there is anything that's unclear and you've read through the resources, I can try to answer specific questions over private message, which will then be used to update documentation.

Last edited by nosoop; 05-27-2020 at 09:29.