Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

RandomCycle+ (2.0.6)

Post New Thread Reply   

tigerox
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-28-2009 , 19:49   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 28/03/
Reply With Quote #21

Can you add a cvar to control duplicates.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2009 , 20:27   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 28/03/
Reply With Quote #22

Yeah, sure, give me a few mins and I'll sort something out.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2009 , 21:12   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 29/03/
Reply With Quote #23

OK, version 1.0.5 posted.

I have also updated the translation file for this version too. I have added a cvar to control checking the whole cycle and a new detection to check for duplicate maps in the CURRENT tier (needed due to how the plugin works).

If you wish to allow duplicates in other tiers set sm_rcplus_duplicates to 1.
tigerox
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-28-2009 , 21:18   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 29/03/
Reply With Quote #24

thanks.

I have duplicates because I want to allow small maps in CS:S to still be played when there are lots of people.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2009 , 23:12   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 29/03/
Reply With Quote #25

Does it do a check at the end of the map, before it changes the map so it takes into account the people who leave at the end of the round on the last round of the map. The same 60 second check but ignores the 60 sec and does the check on that event.

Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2009 , 23:14   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 29/03/
Reply With Quote #26

Nope, it doesn't, I can add a condition to do this though. I DID actually have it in on one of the very early builds I did but when people mass quit it was annoying, haha.

Though, would it take effect OnMapEnd or not, I'll do some testing.

edit: reason being I think I had it hooked on a specific tf2 event before, and of course I want this to work on everything. Might be tomorrow until I can get to this though.

Last edited by Jamster; 03-28-2009 at 23:22.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2009 , 13:12   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 29/03/
Reply With Quote #27

Yeah, had a feeling it wouldn't work with OnMapEnd. I'll have a look through and see what I can do.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2009 , 13:41   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 29/03/
Reply With Quote #28

OK, I cannot get this to work with every game for ending on the map. :/

I would just recommend setting the timer a bit lower. It's quite fast to be honest. I'll be posting a more optimised version soon anyway.

edit: If SM had like a OnMapPreEnd() function or something it would work but as is. :[

Last edited by Jamster; 03-30-2009 at 13:46.
tigerox
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-30-2009 , 13:57   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 29/03/
Reply With Quote #29

Why don't you store the last 2 player counts. OnMapEnd check to see if there was a big change in players. If there was then use the higher count.

Maybe an easy way around it. Just an idea.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2009 , 14:33   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Updated: 29/03/
Reply With Quote #30

Oh no, I can figure it out easy, I had working code. But I can't force change the level or nextmap at the end, it uses the previously stored nextmap before the check. :/

Seems OnMapEnd comes after the fact for possible changing the nextmap.

The way I had my code setup was to check the current nextmap, run another check, check the nextmap again, compare them, and if they didn't match ForceChange the map to the second nextmap.

It even says in the logs that it CATCHES it but it doesn't switch. It seems the engine "decides" to use the first map no matter what I do.