Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 08-01-2013 , 18:22   Re: [v0.4] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #111

I've signed up to you email but I don't let any email or Adobe stuff or any downloads that may or may not have imbeded spam or viruses run on or any way get near the computer I use for serving games. Therefore, can you please send me just the app and some instructions on how to install it at: [email protected]. I don't wan't to install se on the computer I use to read my emails. Thank's
DBD or RN...
captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-01-2013 , 18:52   Re: [v0.4] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrow Bo Dean View Post
I've signed up to you email but I don't let any email or Adobe stuff or any downloads that may or may not have imbeded spam or viruses run on or any way get near the computer I use for serving games. Therefore, can you please send me just the app and some instructions on how to install it at: [email protected]. I don't wan't to install se on the computer I use to read my emails. Thank's
DBD or RN...
Logic... You have none.
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
Doggie52
Old 08-01-2013 , 20:18   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #113

Joining the mailing list to see where this is heading. Won't be using it for a while though -- too fond of doing it manually. Gives one a better sense of control, I think!
stratusoutlaw
Old 08-06-2013 , 21:42   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
1.) Since CS 1.6 is still commonly played, support for HLDS may end up happening, but we're not sure if there's an audience out there for it. If anyone else would like to see this feature please chime in!
2.) There's no way to add a custom server option yet, but it is also being considered.
3.) This could be a bug - I'll check it out and let you know.
4.) We are working on a new tab for Server Properties called 'Tasks'. It will let you schedule times to restart, update, shutdown, run custom commands/scripts, etc. It should come out in the next version or two.
Thanks for the response
1.) I think a lot of server owners won't give feedback/use until it's released for dl through the site instead of an emailer (all that hard work to get the files). lol
2.) Cool, Thanks!
3.) Since installing. I haven't tried a re-install of se. Just a few reboots and restarts of app.
4.) Great news!

Thanks for the status update. Can't wait for the update release.
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie52 View Post
Joining the mailing list to see where this is heading. Won't be using it for a while though -- too fond of doing it manually. Gives one a better sense of control, I think!
If you haven't trying the tool yet, I would recommend it (even with a test server to play with the tool). I am like you in that I like to have full control of what I want. I think this allows you the full control but puts everything neatly into an interface. I like that I don't have a dozen tabs across my taskbar (clean desktop freak) anymore but I still have the freedom to edit the servers as I need.

Outlaw

Last edited by stratusoutlaw; 08-06-2013 at 21:45.
Send a message via AIM to stratusoutlaw Send a message via Yahoo to stratusoutlaw
Groger
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2013 , 12:36   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #115

Great piece of software exactly what was needed if you own a vps/dedi for your servers. +1
xSpeced
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-07-2013 , 15:52   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #116

Do servers restart automatically after updating? It doesn't seem to do so with manual updates, but will autoupdate restart the server after updating?

and with seDirector updates, since closing would stop all servers, would that mean all servers would be brought offline to update seDirector?

Thanks

Last edited by xSpeced; 08-07-2013 at 15:56.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-07-2013 , 20:17   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #117

I said "fuck it" to firedaemon, and started using this.... I wanna see an update come out already
xSpeced
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-08-2013 , 13:10   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #118

Also, try adding scanning of maps in custom folder. Servers who start with a custom map have to put the start map in the regular stock maps folder
Krelle1911
Old 08-08-2013 , 20:09   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #119

Hi br5dy

I haven't written any feedback here for a while, but I just wanted to let you know, that my 4 CSGO servers, and my 2 CSS servers are so much easier to keep track off with seDirector! I appreciate you're efford very much.

Keep up the good work! Personally, I would not mind having to pay for this excellent software!!!

- Happy fraggin'!
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-14-2013 , 14:05   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #120

Hi there was a CSGO update about 20 mins ago (server) however my servers did not automatically update. I can see in the console says "Your server is out of date etc..."

I have set the servers to automatically update in the seDirector server options...