Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D/L4D2] Infected Bots Control (1.0.0)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
mi123645
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    This plugin spawns infected bots in L4D1, and gives greater control of the infected bots in L4D1/L4D2.
    Old 08-08-2009 , 22:54   [L4D/L4D2] Infected Bots Control (1.0.0)
    Reply With Quote #1

Note: This plugin has been overhauled. I have removed the ability to play as infected in coop/survival among other things for the sake of stability for the plugin.

Features:

- Allows Infected bots to be spawned in versus in L4D1
    - Allows auto spawning of multiple Special Infected in all game modes
    - Change spawn times of the bots
    - Various cvars for maximum customization including more than 4 infected players (Including L4D2 Coop!)
    - Auto kicks idle infected bots
    - And much more!

It is compatible with KAC 1.2 and above, for those who are wondering.

I also recommend Thraka's Game Mode Config Loader to change game settings for each gamemode.

How to install:
    - Download l4dinfectedbots.smx or compile (on your pc) l4dinfectedbots.sp with latest 1.3 snapshot.
    - Download the l4dinfectedbots.txt gamedata file.
    - Copy the l4dinfectedbots.smx file to the ../sourcemod/plugins folder and the l4dinfectedbots.txt gamedata file to the ../sourcemod/gamedata folder.

FAQ

Q: I'm setting the class limits like the boomer limit and smoker limit to 4, but why aren't I getting 8 specials total?

A: You need to set l4d_infectedbots_max_specials to 8 so that you can have a total of 8 specials on the field. Otherwise, it's just going to spawn 4 by default.

Q: The infected bots are not spawning!

A: Make sure l4d_infectedbots_director_spawn is off first. If it is off and they are not spawning, and it wasn't a custom map, might want to make sure that another plugin is not kicking them or messing with some cvar settings. See question 12 if you would like to post a problem about the plugin.

A: I know the L4D Loading Bug Fix is not compatible with this plugin, as it switches director_no_specials to 1. Anything that messes with the infected spawning or kicking bots will most likely have an effect. I will add onto this answer from additional feedback.

Q: The Survivor (or Infected) Bots pathfinding sucks! They seem to do weird stuff like walk into walls or attempt to climb infected ladders!

A: I can't do anything about the pathfinding, only Valve can handle that.

Q: I'm getting this "
    C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\l4dinfectedb ots.sp::BotTypeNeeded()" error over and over again in the logs!

A: This error is happens when the plugin was unable to find a class available to spawn. One of the reasons that may cause this is that the class limits do not equal or exceed l4d_infectedbots_max_specials.

For example:

Good:
    l4d_infectedbots_smoker_limit 2
    l4d_infectedbots_boomer_limit 2
    l4d_infectedbots_max_specials 4

Also Good:
    l4d_infectedbots_smoker_limit 6
    l4d_infectedbots_boomer_limit 6

Bad:
    l4d_infectedbots_smoker_limit 1
    l4d_infectedbots_boomer_limit 1

Q: There is something wrong with the plugin in general!

A: A few solutions:

Delete the plugin and gamedata file and re-download them.

Verify your local cache by right clicking on the game in steam and clicking properties, local files tab and finally click Verify integrity of game cache.

Another solution is to uninstall the game and reinstall as I've heard this will fix crashes that occur with the plugin.

If things still don't go right...

Post the following information:

1. The operating system (Windows or Linux)

2. The game (L4D or L4D2)

3. Metamod and Sourcemod versions

4. Server.cfg (or a list of in-game cvars that were changed, including gamemode)

5. The l4dinfectedbots version you are using

6. l4dinfectedbots.cfg

7. Any sourcemod error logs or logs in general

8. A detailed description of how I can replicate the problem. This will help me solve problems much quicker and efficiently.

14: Q: How do I turn off the plugin?

A: Setting l4d_infectedbots_director_spawn to 1 is the equilvalent to the plugin being off.

Q: How do I change the range the infected bots are spawned at?

A: z_spawn_range

More questions soon with your help
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4dinfectedbots.sp - 26286 views - 64.3 KB)

Last edited by mi123645; 04-08-2011 at 19:23. Reason: Overhauled plugin.
    Whosat
    Old 08-08-2009 , 23:41   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
    Reply With Quote #2

Good job supporting the plugin!
    So the SI classes are playable in coop and survival? Meaning the survivors can switch teams to take control of them? Wicked man!
    Old 08-09-2009 , 00:17   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
    Good job supporting the plugin!
    So the SI classes are playable in coop and survival? Meaning the survivors can switch teams to take control of them? Wicked man!
    Yes...and the more I play with it, the more I realize that this can be more balanced than versus, but thats debatable within itself
    TotenKopf
    Old 08-09-2009 , 09:31   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
    Reply With Quote #4

I have never tested this one on my coop server until today - works very impressive - it actually gives me ability to control whole gameplay by cutting spawn times for special infected to 15-20secs and tuning up to 3 hunters at the same time...
    Haven't detected a single bug playing 2 hours on coop server. No crashes - works great!
    Now "EXPERT" really feels like "EXPERT"...
    IMPRESSIVE WORK mi123645
    Many thanks
    I am actually looking at the plugin very seriously, because it is MOST required plugin for my servers, so if you don't mind - I'll give you few suggestions for next version here:
    1. That would be VERY helpful if you'd add cvar for enabling/disabling ability for players to join infected on coop-based servers. Pretty much annoying when some noobs are joining in a mid game, saws "the !ji" message and starts griefing by joining oposite team.
    2. (OPTIONAL) IF it is possible (and I distress IF) - you should add cvars for setting numbers of all types of infected (like you did with a hunter class)...
    Whosat
    Old 08-09-2009 , 10:54   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
    Reply With Quote #5

Yeah I agree with TotenKopf on point 1.
    And I can't seem to spawn when I'm in infected mode. I've to manually spawn a hunter or something to get me into the game.
    My serverconsole keeps telling me about admincheats.smx blocking players from using z_spawn. Maybe you can make worldspawn spawn the bots instead?
    My guess is that it only allows an admin to use those cheats (I can spawn zombies with z_spawn using the Infected Spawner as an admin) - so I guess that means using a random non-admin client won't work?

Last edited by Whosat; 08-09-2009 at 11:54. Reason: added the last 12 words
    lexantis
    Old 08-09-2009 , 11:37   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
    Reply With Quote #6

z_spawn has a cheat Flag, so normal players are not allowed to use this, and the "cant spawn" bug should be arealdy fixed ?!
    Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
    alicia
    Old 08-09-2009 , 17:36   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
    Reply With Quote #7

this is too fun. very laggy though as infected when mob comes. me and a friend were stuck in the sky above the last map of No Mercy and were mad lagging.
    mi123645
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-09-2009 , 18:14   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    this is too fun. very laggy though as infected when mob comes. me and a friend were stuck in the sky above the last map of No Mercy and were mad lagging.
    If you boom on them and it shows the scoreboard, it seems to get horrifically laggy everytime a common hits a survivor. That's the only instance that I can think of that will cause the plugin to lag.
    mi123645
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-09-2009 , 18:21   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TotenKopf View Post
    I have never tested this one on my coop server until today - works very impressive - it actually gives me ability to control whole gameplay by cutting spawn times for special infected to 15-20secs and tuning up to 3 hunters at the same time...
    Haven't detected a single bug playing 2 hours on coop server. No crashes - works great!
    Now "EXPERT" really feels like "EXPERT"...
    IMPRESSIVE WORK mi123645
    Many thanks
    I am actually looking at the plugin very seriously, because it is MOST required plugin for my servers, so if you don't mind - I'll give you few suggestions for next version here:
    1. That would be VERY helpful if you'd add cvar for enabling/disabling ability for players to join infected on coop-based servers. Pretty much annoying when some noobs are joining in a mid game, saws "the !ji" message and starts griefing by joining oposite team.
    2. (OPTIONAL) IF it is possible (and I distress IF) - you should add cvars for setting numbers of all types of infected (like you did with a hunter class)...
    1. Yeah, I will add that.

2. I will also add that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
    Yeah I agree with TotenKopf on point 1.
    And I can't seem to spawn when I'm in infected mode. I've to manually spawn a hunter or something to get me into the game.
    My serverconsole keeps telling me about admincheats.smx blocking players from using z_spawn. Maybe you can make worldspawn spawn the bots instead?
    My guess is that it only allows an admin to use those cheats (I can spawn zombies with z_spawn using the Infected Spawner as an admin) - so I guess that means using a random non-admin client won't work?
    Does it say "cant use z_spawn unless sv_cheats is set to 1?" If so, another plugin may messing with that command. Worldspawn? I'm not sure what that is, but I'm pretty sure it won't allow the director to place the infected automatically.

No, admins cannot use z_spawn. The Infected Spawner plugin more than likely removes the cheat flag, executes z_spawn by using a fakeclientcommand, then puts it back like my plugin.
    alicia
    Old 08-09-2009 , 18:47   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
    Reply With Quote #10

mi123645 - can you make it so a person can switch back to survivor when playing coop or can you already and i am just missing it? Thanks!