Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)

Post New Thread Reply   

Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2016 , 11:20   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRoSToTeM@ View Post
Better make pawn support for Sublime Text or VS Code.
NO, NO, NO, HELLL NO..
I like this IDE

@
Quote:
No. You have 2 tabs in output widget right now: full output and issues.
They are always empty for me
Old 09-21-2016 , 12:35   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #52

Line highlight fix for obsidian skin.

Installation:
Extract zip to the FanxyStudio dir.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fanxystudio_obsidian_skin_fix.zip (643 Bytes, 77 views)

❄️ CS Snow Wars - Mod based on snowballs fights
🧟 CS Zombie Panic - A port of HL Zombie Panic!
🎃 CS Halloween Mod - Completely new gamemode for Halloween Holidays
📦 AMXXPack - CLI and build system for amxx projects
🔧 Custom Entities API - API to register custom entities
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2016 , 12:49   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #53

Thanks, the highlighting works perfectly now, thanks for the fix

I am now exploring the IDE further

I have couple questions/suggestions tho...

I created a project, when i build it, it will automatically create a configs and a release folder in which it sends the .cfgs and .amxx files which is great
But is there any chance to make it do it in the actual configs and plugins folder of the server not of the project folder?

Even tho the output folder is set to the server's plugins folder, the compiled files won't go there when using the build option

I'm too lazy to copy paste

Last edited by Depresie; 09-21-2016 at 12:54.
Hedgehog Fog
Old 09-21-2016 , 12:58   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
Thanks, the highlighting works perfectly now, thanks for the fix

I am now exploring the IDE further

I have couple questions/suggestions tho...

I created a project, when i build it, it will automatically create a configs and a release folder in which it sends the .cfgs and .amxx files which is great
But is there any chance to make it do it in the actual configs and plugins folder of the server not of the project folder?

Even tho the output folder is set to the server's plugins folder, the compiled files won't go there when using the build option

I'm too lazy to copy paste
If you setup your game folder and press Project->Run all your builder project will be copied to the game folder.

❄️ CS Snow Wars - Mod based on snowballs fights
🧟 CS Zombie Panic - A port of HL Zombie Panic!
🎃 CS Halloween Mod - Completely new gamemode for Halloween Holidays
📦 AMXXPack - CLI and build system for amxx projects
🔧 Custom Entities API - API to register custom entities
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2016 , 13:19   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #55

Thanks, will try
Old 09-21-2016 , 13:52   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRoSToTeM@ View Post
Better make pawn support for Sublime Text or VS Code.
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes...

Spoiler

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2016 , 15:01   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes...
I am doing, it is pretty good to me. But there is this symbol jump bug I reported here.
Still useless, because nobody wants to spend half an hour configuring and installing etc etc for an IDE, when they can just download and run

Anyway, if you have time post a download and run version around here, im really curious what you have done so far, i like working with multiple IDEs sometimes because i like the fresh feeling im getting, helps when im bored

Last edited by Depresie; 09-21-2016 at 15:01.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2016 , 19:29   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Still useless, because nobody wants to spend half an hour configuring and installing etc etc for an IDE, when they can just download and run
Yeah, that is the point, I never, ever want to spend time configuring IDE/editors. That is why I use the Versioned Sublime Text. Takes like less than 1 minute (+download time) to setup my settings install for Sublime Text. And I got everything everywhere I go. My computer may explode anytime, and I may set them up fast everywhere else. If you want to, I may record a screencast, teaching how to install git, fork my settings, change them to your taste (font size/type/shortcuts/theme/etc) and save them on your github. Then everywhere you go, you may install your settings fast. Why my settings? Because I am setting them up since 2 months gathering packages to run and edit pawn and more, and still did not finished, there some stuff to do. For example, today I am doing this:
  1. Added the setting detection for config.sublime-package-override
  2. [Matlab] Added missing scopes for punctuation brackets and parens
While I am waiting for several others as:
  1. Restore session, does not set the last scrool position after a project change, or sublime restart
  2. Allowing multiples views/panes/side/bars
  3. Jump to the closest upper symbol instead of the first one at the file's top on go_to_symbol command
  4. Jump to the last caret/cursor, on the current file
  5. Toolbar for Sublime Text is coming

So, as we may see and if we look for more, there are hundreds of things todo on sublime text. And that is the point for Sublime Text, there are hundred of people contributing with whatever they can. And tell me about the Fanxy Studio, how much people are developing it? If recall correctly, it is source closed/not github accessible for pull requests (bad) and there is only one person working on it, which has also a life to move on and bills to pay, so, the question is how much may only person accomplish? And how much may hundred of people to accomplish? I think several may do more stuff.
Whatever this all I said, If the Fanxy studio to do everything you need to, then ok.
I am just very demanding/extremely thorough... for features, if I would implement them by myself, however I would probably die old and did not finished them yet. Software development is something which takes big time to develop and require capable teams. For example (all illusionary values), within 100 folks you may "finish" the X_Fictitious_Software within 10 years, but within 1.000 folks 3 years, with 10.000, like 13 months, within 100.000 like 9 months, 1.000.000 like 18 months (all illusionary values), there is a point where increasing the team, does not make things fast to finish, but worse. It is because the management overhead and coordination of what to do, who for what and when, and how to integrate everything. There is also, the testing steps, etc, ... See Software development process. Was said "finish" instead of finish, because of the Application Development life-cycle. Also, I do not know why I wrote all this. Should I delete? Why? Let it there.

Quote:
i like working with multiple IDEs sometimes because i like the fresh feeling im getting, helps when im bored
This is very good, use as many as you feel like. For example, I cannot just use Sublime Text, because there is some things, he cannot do, but Notepad++ can or do better. Or vice versa. Once you are able to open the same file in all your editor/IDE and edit them at the same time, you will be fine as your have several tools at your disposal when you need to. Just care to not have tools which are completely equivalent, because there are several editor out there, so find some good ones you like most to be useful.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
Craxor
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2016 , 02:28   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #59

Ohh, i'm the only one who using just normal notepad? :O
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2016 , 09:20   Re: [Alpha Test]Fanxy Studio(Universal IDE with AMXX support)
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxor View Post
Ohh, i'm the only one who using just normal notepad? :O
Ohh God why....Download Fanxy or Amxx studio...

@addons

Well, i don't have problem using your settings, it's easier to get used to them than spend time creating them