Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SH for CS:S & SuperHero Mod 1.19 news

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-12-2007 , 21:28   SH for CS:S & SuperHero Mod 1.19 news

Apparently there is a SuperHero Mod being created for SourceMod. This project has nothing to do with the SuperHero Mod or the SuperHero Mod Team. Do not ask in the superhero mod forums anything about this project as it has nothing to do with us.

Seeing as I am practically the only active member on the team and the limited time I do have to devote to SuperHero Mod, I have no plans to port it to SourceMod. Freecode at one point had begun a port and if he chooses he will probably continue it, but I will not be apart of any SourceMod project for SuperHero Mod.

Support his project if you wish, but do not post anything about it here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116

---------------------------------

Now on to what's going on:

I have begun to take up where jtp10181 left off with the plugin version of SuperHero Mod, with updating the core of SH mod and fully converting to amxmodx for improved functionality. That being said I no longer support the Module version of SuperHero Mod and will not work on it. If Freecode decides he will do with it as he wishes, but I will not be doing any work on it.

I will try to get out an intermediate version as soon as I can, but please do not ask when this update will be available. There will be many coding changes in 1.19 from 1.18e that will lead up to a 1.20 version. (In reality this version is 1.20 but I decided to make a 1.19 without the code that will make old heroes incompatible. Though I will try to make an option to use both new and old methods). There are not many new features as this is mainly a change in coding methods as all heroes will need to be recompiled and might even require amxmodx 1.80 (not out yet) due to an issue found with versions prior to 1.80 of amxmodx. Some things to look forward to: SH will be able to recognize more heroes (currently problems occur after 60-80 due to old coding methods, have tested up to 95 all being usable), VIP support has been added, small improvements against xp farming, etc...

Last edited by vittu; 07-13-2007 at 01:29. Reason: Edited cause it was wrong to be that harsh
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-13-2007 , 02:54   Re: Stance on SH for CS:S & SuperHero Mod 1.19 news

oh boy ^^
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
jtpizzalover
Old 07-18-2007 , 14:23   Re: Stance on SH for CS:S & SuperHero Mod 1.19 news

will you post beforehand the new method to create/fix heros to this standard?
other than that i cant wait
(why didnt my firefox spell checker pick up cant?)
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-18-2007 , 23:58   Re: Stance on SH for CS:S & SuperHero Mod 1.19 news

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpizzalover View Post
will you post beforehand the new method to create/fix heros to this standard?
other than that i cant wait
(why didnt my firefox spell checker pick up cant?)
Currently there is no need to fix, none of the heroes will break because I made sure to make old code compatible (however, that may change in future because of how heroes communicate to the core). Right now if you wanted to update older code I have a define that will break compatibility of old code so you could compile to break the old code and just fix the compile errors. Most things should be straight forward and if not they are explained in the include.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
API
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2007 , 12:06   Re: Stance on SH for CS:S & SuperHero Mod 1.19 news

Yay :] I love Superhero Mod :] Keep on owning it up vittu.
Old 12-09-2007 , 03:49   Re: SH for CS:S & SuperHero Mod 1.19 news

I have been checking back here for 5 months now waiting to see this update. I have some custom functions to SH MOD which I can not wait to see if I will be able to add them into the new version and test it.

I can't wait for a new update to SH MOD to complement new AMXMOD-X 1.80.

Hope this project is going as smoothly as possible cause we can't wait any longer! The Suspense Is Killing Us. ;-)

Krillin

vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 12-10-2007 , 18:41   Re: SH for CS:S & SuperHero Mod 1.19 news

It is basically done, I have been running a test server with it for sometime now and there are only a few things I want to iron out. 1 being a bug that I do not want to introduce to public servers.

The reason it took longer than expected is mainly due to some complications with 1.19 so I merged in changes meant for 1.20. That and time constraints I have to work on then test the changes as it is a pretty large overhaul to how things are coded.

You can always check this post for latest changes (though I do not always have time to update that page):
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=58230
Closed Thread