Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Owyn
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2010 , 17:51   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGod
You say "Non-Steam plugin" but it wouldn't be one if nothing Non-Steam was involved in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exolent[jNr] View Post
xds_optimizer is associated with Non-Steam.
even not counting it has nothing to do with non-steam

so you are wrong DarkGod
Израильский форум - Задаёшь вопрос, потом тебе задают вопрос.
Русский форум - Задаёшь вопрос, потом тебе долго рассказывают, какой ты мудак.

Last edited by Owyn; 03-04-2010 at 18:08.
Send a message via ICQ to Owyn
DarkGod
SourceMod DarkCrab
Old 03-04-2010 , 18:12   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

I heard someone say that it was related to Non-Steam but I've no idea what the actual plugin does or what it even is.

I've no idea how the mods would look on things like this but I sure as hell wouldn't push away an exploit fix if it was in no way illegal or broke the EULA in any way.

I don't know how the fix works but if it does, in any way, break the EULA then I'd understand if it wouldn't be accepted.
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2010 , 18:21   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

The plugin, as you said, accepts connections from 47 and 48 protocols. The 47 is allowing non-Steam players to enter. It is only 48 by default, and that is via Steam.

So, basically, letting 47 protocol players into your server is supporting non-Steam.
Wild_Bot
Old 03-04-2010 , 18:22   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
there are several people out there that will read "DProto has a fix for it" and they will install it without even thinking and end up asking for support here and get none as they have DProto running.
"support here"? OK, If I ask this:
Quote:
I'm running Steam CS server and some script kiddies crashing it every 15 minutes! Can someone help me?
How do you think, will someone help me? The answer is simple - "No". So it's not a big problem to lost "support here", since you can't provide it.
Flasher
Old 03-04-2010 , 18:57   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

Quote:
E. Restrictions.
Except as otherwise permitted under Section 2(C) with regard to the SDK, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, disassemble, decompile, create derivative works based on, or remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Steam Software or any software accessed via Steam without the prior consent, in writing, of Valve.
You should stop this discuss at all, cos you are not allowed to patch HLDS server at all. Stay away from any patcher. And pray for a fix from Valve.
Same as using of this this module http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=116393 is violating laws.
lmn8r
BANNED
Old 03-04-2010 , 19:08   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

HAHA pray for a fix from Valve... Do you remember when csdos was out in the wild?

It's ironic, if kamikoutoo is tired of reading about nosteam, maybe he should find another game? CS 1.6 is dominated by nosteam now whether you like it or not. The only useful fixes are coming from the nosteam community. Your legal steam servers now depend on illegal fixes to work properly =)

I can understand the irrational fear of being sued by Valve, but if they don't even care enough to respond to an exploit like this, believe me they aren't going to be coming here anytime soon. For the good of all CS servers, legal and illegal I suggest we continue an open discussion on how to fix this. Are your forum rules more important then working CS servers?

I already know the answer and this thread is going to get locked, but I figured it was worth a shot. Silly me.. caring
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-04-2010 , 19:21   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
Same as using of this this module http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=116393 is violating laws.
Then that means that CSDM is illegal since it patches memory as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmn8r View Post
It's ironic, if kamikoutoo is tired of reading about nosteam, maybe he should find another game?
I did, it is called TF2. I also like how you can't spell my name. I am fine with being called Yami and most people call me that as well.

Quote:
CS 1.6 is dominated by nosteam now whether you like it or not.
Maybe in your country or area, but since I only play on my communities servers, it doesn't bother me how many Non-Steam servers there are.

Quote:
Your legal steam servers now depend on illegal fixes to work properly =)
I'll wait until my servers get effected by this before I even look towards illegal fixes, even then I will be skeptical.

Quote:
I can understand the irrational fear of being sued by Valve, but if they don't even care enough to respond to an exploit like this, believe me they aren't going to be coming here anytime soon.
They probably don't care as much since they are wanting people to switch to the Source/OB engine and the "new" engine in the future.

Quote:
For the good of all CS servers, legal and illegal I suggest we continue an open discussion on how to fix this. Are your forum rules more important then working CS servers?
As long as the discussion stays on the legal side, I am fine with it. Until a Forum Admin states otherwise, illegal talk will be prohibited here.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 03-04-2010 at 19:24.
marianow
Old 03-04-2010 , 19:50   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

New hlshield with this bug FIX

http://forum.fastfrag.ro/index.php?P...5&topic=2839.0
lmn8r
BANNED
Old 03-04-2010 , 20:01   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

Quote:
I did, it is called TF2.
Maybe you should stick to the source engine section of these forums, bring someone else in who has a real stake in 1.6.

Quote:
I'll wait until my servers get effected by this before I even look towards illegal fixes, even then I will be skeptical.
Post the IP, i'll gladly demonstrate how un-fun it is to have the server repeatedly crashed.

We've already got a few good posts with links to useful fixes. You should have never chimed in in the first place since it's obvious you don't really care about 1.6. We're not here to use your forum to spread nosteam, we're here to solve this problem. Your just standing in the way atm. Door's that way chief =)
Flasher
Old 03-04-2010 , 20:09   Re: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error:Sv_ParseVoiceData (continued)

Quote:
Then that means that CSDM is illegal since it patches memory as well...
If it is not developed by Valve or written without of permission of Valve then it is illegal.
Quote:
As long as the discussion stays on the legal side, I am fine with it. Until a Forum Admin states otherwise, illegal talk will be prohibited here.
This discussion could stay legal only if there will be no solutions offered.
Also this thread http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=116393 should be locked and module deleted because it is _clearly_ and _definitely_ violates the law.

Last edited by Flasher; 03-04-2010 at 20:14.
Closed Thread