Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Taunt 'em (v1.0.1, 06/23/2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2014 , 05:29   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #21

The taunt props are nothing more than tf_taunt_prop entities spawned on the server. They're neither bonemerged nor tempents.

CTFPlayer::PlayTauntSceneFromItem should already be creating them for you, unless you're doing something wrong with the CEconItemView you're passing into it.

Last edited by VoiDeD; 06-29-2014 at 05:30.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2014 , 07:26   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
The taunt props are nothing more than tf_taunt_prop entities spawned on the server. They're neither bonemerged nor tempents.

CTFPlayer::PlayTauntSceneFromItem should already be creating them for you, unless you're doing something wrong with the CEconItemView you're passing into it.
It does not create them here.
Looks like each client can have one at a time. Iirc they used to be tf_wearables, and could be searched for and have their render color set.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2014 , 12:52   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #23

Not all the taunts use tf_taunt_props (the shred alert guitar or the chicken bucket)

All evidence points to them being client side: no TempEnts are sent and no entities are created. No idea why friagram is suggesting it's a prop_dynamic or TempEnt. Try this:

Before you make someone taunt, set m_nActiveTauntSlot on the player. If you have a valid taunt equipped, it will use the taunt prop of whatever slot you set. So if you run the Deep Fried Desire taunt and set the active slot to (11-18 ) and equip the shred alert in the corresponding slot, the guitar will show instead of the bucket.

How it works on the client: If you have a non-zero taunt slot, it replaces the model of the current weapon you are holding with a model from the schema designated by your taunt slot.

Last edited by pheadxdll; 06-29-2014 at 13:14.
TurretTheEpic
Old 06-29-2014 , 14:16   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #24

"I'd suggest that you not make access to this plugin a donator feature or a pay-to-use feature, as it may prompt Valve to inhibit its functionality."
In my Defense i dont have any way of doing donator or pay-to-use so
Old 06-29-2014 , 17:12   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #25

I think it would be interesting to add also the taunts of the Set of objects, such as the Wolf (Demoman),

TrollFortress Spanish Community
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2014 , 18:59   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #26

FlaminSarge
Good Job

When i was creating my own version of Taunts Forcer i was confused as heck about creating CEconItemView*
So i was trying to make extension which was planed to supposedly do it

Now i see how simple yet tricky it was

Last edited by Oshizu; 06-29-2014 at 19:00.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-30-2014 , 03:35   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
It does not create them here.

...?
Old 06-30-2014 , 08:24   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #28

Is there any specific reason I'm getting this when loading the plugin?

Quote:
13:20:42 L 06/30/2014 - 07:20:41: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
13:20:42 L 06/30/2014 - 07:20:41: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Unable to initialize call to CTFPlayer:layTauntSceneFromItem. Wait patiently for a fix.
13:20:42 L 06/30/2014 - 07:20:41: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf_tauntem.smx":
13:20:42 L 06/30/2014 - 07:20:41: [SM] [0] Line 34, C:\sourcemod\tf_tauntem.sp::OnPluginStart()
MetaMod:Source v1.10.1-devV, SourceMod v1.5.4-dev+1b9a3ff

Installed the files correctly. Using latest TF2Items as well:

Quote:
[03] TF2Items (1.6.0): TF2 Item Modifier
None of the commands are working, so the plugins hasn't loaded properly due to the errors.

Last edited by Skyrider; 06-30-2014 at 08:28.
Send a message via AIM to Skyrider Send a message via MSN to Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to Skyrider
sarysa
Old 06-30-2014 , 10:55   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #29

This is pretty amazing, and it works just fine.

Though I'm wondering, in your reverse engineering did you happen to notice anything related to taunts and turn speed? I've been trying all sorts of thing to mess with the player's default 45.0-50.0 degree per second turn speed during the conga (including manipulating m_flTauntYaw and all props that share its value, and even tried teleporting the congaer frame by frame to rotate them) and everything failed utterly. There's -something- that controls the CTFPlayer's angle during the taunt and it doesn't appear to be in the CTFPlayer class...well not as a network variable anyway. I'm completely stumped.
It's strange because the movement speed for conga is just out there and easily modified.

In case you're wondering what angle I'm working here, Valve pretty much gave us a new control scheme with this conga and I'm trying to subvert it to my whims. Compared to other mods that mess with player controls, if I can get this to work it could be used for applications such as vehicles and rolling rocks, without all the lag jitter of server-side control schemes.

Last edited by sarysa; 06-30-2014 at 11:22.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2014 , 08:32   Re: [TF2] Taunt 'em
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
...?
It's not creating anything.
It seems like the client is just checking with whatever it's got from the item server about the other client, and then pulling out the prop for that taunt, as set by the active taunt slot.